• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whedonite Apocalypse: BUFFY Rights Holders Set For Whedon-Free Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
:lol

I hope this works out so they do the same thing to Firefly.

There would probably be a Brown Coats suicide party at the premiere.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
ghstwrld said:
Whedon's work in the last five or so years hasn't been that good anyway.
I liked everything of his I've seen in the last five years. X-Men was good, Dr. Horrible was funny, and I liked Serenity a WHOLE lot (even though I hadn't seen Firefly before I watched the movie.)

komarkaze

These producers are the ones who keep approving crappy GBA version of Buffy and not approving a proper next gen sequel of the Xbox game.

Don't know how they will ever be able to reboot the movie franchise properly. They may have to pull a dumb stunt like the New He-Man Adventures. I shudder to think they'll pick a new girl whose name also happens to be Buffy, and kind of fit the mold of the previous incarnations. At least the original movie and TV show continued the same story.

And it's not like how Star Trek needed a reboot because the creator died a long time ago and the movies went to hell. Joss Whedon is right there! The franchise is still going strong. Just. Argh.

Mashing

I just got one thing to say to this:

(once this movie is made): Keep away from children as this movie has been known to cause CANCER!

MisterHero

omg rite said:
Er, that isn't true.
well, not completely, anyways.

but they can't make a future story because they already planned Season 9 and we already know what happened between 7 and 8. on top of that, people will most likely need to read season 8 to understand how the characters have changed and moved on.

Anyways I'd rather have them try that instead of this reboot business.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
komarkaze said:
These producers are the ones who keep approving crappy GBA version of Buffy and not approving a proper next gen sequel of the Xbox game.

The DS Buffy game was one of the worst games I have ever played.

Buffy is my favorite show, but this really doesn't bother me. I mean, it can't be worse than what Marti Noxon did to the series in S6 and S7.

Vinci

Danish
SolidSnakex said:
Buffy is my favorite show, but this really doesn't bother me. I mean, it can't be worse than what Marti Noxon did to the series in S6 and S7.

The reason I'm not too bent out of shape about it is a matter of standards. I'll scream and holler when I see something that appears to butcher the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, but Buffy? It's a fun show. I'm not going to delude myself into thinking it's something more than that.

I'm just saddened that these witless people can't come up with something else to do with their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom