• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When did Corrinne Yu leave Naughty Dog? (Now lead dev manager of Amazon's Prime Air)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kojima to work in the new PMC division of Amazon Local Services.

All Amazon shipments to be fulfilled with "Kept you waitin' huh?"

On a serious note that's interesting, Amazon Air doesn't sound like something gaming related at all but who knows what big role Amazon might take in the gaming industry in the future.

Dr.Parity

Banned
Sounds like GG bullshit.

So this is all about ethics in programming?

And I agree, those are some strong claims and I'm reluctant to go off of "he say, she say, talk to this guy who knew this guy" type of stuff when the outcome of that effects a persons reputation.

But, the dude isn't banned, shit like this gets sniffed out fast. There is probably some truth to this.

Dr.Parity

Banned
Uhhh

Am I missing something? What does gender have to do with it?

Let's just say that she's been riding a false reputation for a long time, and it's largely fueled by the internet's fascination with a "super-smart and hot rocket scientest game developer". Did you know she worked at NASA? Give me a break. Talk with anyone who's worked closely with her and you will hear horror stories of just what a terrible developer she is. She was able to work at MS for so long because she's married to a very competent art director who was on the same team, and I can only assume that they didn't want to lose him. Well guess what? She got fired, he left a few months later, and now here we are picking up the pieces.

Prob. that stuff

Guri

Gearbox, Microsoft and Naughty Dog wouldn't hire someone that is not capable of doing what she is assigned to do. The same goes for Amazon now. She is talented and I really don't think the person who wrote those comments about her is being fair at all.

gdt

Good for her. Naughty Dog will be fine as well. Most everyone is expendable as long as you have people coming up under them.

TheMAK

Banned
Fact N°1: Gaffer posted in March 2014 that she was about to get fired from ND and wasn't banned.
Fact N°2: Corrine Yu stopped working at ND in November 2014.
Fact N°3: We can only speculate based on these two facts.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Eh there are probably a lot of hired gun project to project people that we don't hear about. She could have just been brought in to work on engine stuff. Which I would hope to be ironed out with tlou finished and uncharted 4 well underway.

One person doesn't make a game even though one or few names usually bubble to the top during the development/marketing of a game.

I can't even remember why Corrine yu started being a name that we should know in the first place. Did she get a lot of FaceTime during the development of halo?

Fact N°1: Gaffer posted in November 2014 that she was about to get fired from ND and wasn't banned.

Incorrect. He posted in March, not November.

Fact N°1: Gaffer posted in March 2014 that she was about to get fired from ND and wasn't banned.
Fact N°4:
This thread is getting massively derailed, and it should stop. This is about Amy Hennig's departure from Naughty Dog, and it is not a place to throw accusations about other unrelated people and make bold unsubstantiated claims.

@Ezran
You have made some very serious and potentially libelous claims about Corrinne Yu in this thread. They were unsolicited comments which honestly have nothing to do with the content of this thread until you made it about that. I don't know your reasoning for that, and I don't know who you are, but this is not the right place to go about it.

If you want to break a story on this, there are many press sites which I think would be more than happy to take the story and do their own verification and collaboration of the facts. This would in turn provide a perspective which is fair to the individuals involved and provider the public with a more informed picture.

If you don't want to make this a big public scandal, and just want to take cheap digs at a known individual without substantiating anything and hiding behind an anonymous persona, then this is not the place to do that. You have made very specific accusations which go beyond just speculation or hearsay. I hope you realize that. If you want to substantiate any of what you've said and discuss a proper platform to express your side of the story here, feel free to PM me. If you do not want to do that, please stop posting stuff like that here. Thanks.

Right..I made a typo there. Corrected now.

I don't think it's a good idea to speculate on those few bits of information.

The member who posted that is a junior, only has 8 posts and those posts are in that thread. His last post indicates that he's willing to substantiate the info to the mods but the thread was locked shortly after. This was March.

At this point, any speculation of "incompetence" or her ability to work is unverified and4t I don't think we should be partaking in potential defamation.

She worked at MS for 5 years. Moved on, worked at ND for 1. Moved on. Simple as that. No need to entertain the notion of slinging her name through the mud unless someone wants to step-up and verify themselves with the mods.

It sounds like gossip about someones personal or professional life and while it sounds like fun, its not. Regardless of what happened it is what it is. I am sure many devs here wouldnt want the same thing to be discussed.

"She sucks eggs and only kept her job because of her husband" is right up GGs alley.

Wasn't this all before GG though? I honestly can't remember how long ago GG was. It can't be a year old already can it?

Anyhoo, beyond the bitter "Bluh bluh she's a hot woman so of course people are fascinated by her", the rest was fairly believable. Not saying that he's anywhere near accurate, but saying that the guy sounds like a GGer and thus is probably lying is pretty much doing the exact same thing as he's being accused of.

Either way, sad to see her leave so soon.

Concept17

Amazon pays considerably better than she could likely find in the gaming industry, and they take great care of their employees, so I wouldn't blame her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom