• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When's the last time you rode a bike?

lock2k

Banned
It's been a while for me. I busted up my wrist off a jump on a mountain biking trail a few years back and called it quits for a while, but in an effort to improve my health overall, I've decided to commit to taking my bike to more locations rather than driving my car.

20200526-195432.jpg

Just took this bad boy 11 miles through a local park to visit a friend's apartment. Now we're watching Robocop. Just a cheap Schwinn I had sitting in my garage. I'm not one of those cyclist guys or anything though... yet.

When's the last time you rode a bike? Anyone an enthusiast here?
2009 I think?

I don't have a place to store one and the one I had was really shitty, so I sold it.

Svperstar

Neo Member
Last week. I picked this guy up in 2016:

Served me well. I would like to go more but tons of people out there with Corona going on.

Rbk_3

I was pretty into road cycling, but in 2017 I developed pelvic pain after riding 2000k in 6 weeks and haven't been right since. Had to sell my bike, and +40lbs later have taken up running instead this spring.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Three weeks ago 😉

I bought bikes for me and the wife a year ago, and before that i hadnt biked for over 15 years.
Forgot how much your ass hurts the day after if you bike a lot.

Ain't that shit the fuckin truth. I need to get me an old lady seat for my Hank Hill ass

Cato

Banned
A couple of times a day.
Around lunch time to go to the small local "grocery store" ~4 miles away. Mostly to get the exercise. It is nice to ride along the beach at the lunchbreak.

Last edited:

Orpheum

Pretty regularly in the last couple of weeks. furthest i went was a 60km trip to a lake with the GF and some buddies (37 miles for US purposes).

H4ze

That must have been last week I guess, I like riding my bike but have to admit, usually I'm a lazy piece of shit and use my car.

Makariel

I commute to work by bike. Have sold my last car about a decade ago. Since then been member in car clubs or rented cars for the few times I actually need them. I live in a city, not much point having your own car here. I also have a cheap and cheerful mountainbike for the weekend.

Susurrus

Back in 2010 when I was stationed in Korea I used my bike to get around, primarily between work well into base to my place off base, but also used it for just getting around in general a lot. That is until it got stolen 2 months before I was ready to leave.

Rode a bike we rented in Mallorca a few years back (was stationed in Germany and took a vacation).

Back in the US now, with the COVID stuff going on and everything closed and me teleworking, we have been going on walks. My 4 year old son got a pedal bike on his 4th birthday last fall (had a balance bike before that so never adapted training wheels), and would ride it on our walks. Felt bad for him because he got fast enough to get way ahead of us and would keep having to wait for us. Last week we got our own bikes and a child seat for my 1 year old daughter so that we could go on bike rides together as family. On Sunday we decided to go find a trail a bit further away from the city to avoid crowds and we ended up riding almost 12 miles as a family, while I managed to sunburn my arms (no lotion was a mistake).

Tesseract

Banned
all posts itt from here out better take place from atop a bicycle or we got problems

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Had been many years, over a decade easily. Wife and I bought bikes this summer. Mostly because we got a newborn and it was easy to plop her on the back and go. She loved it. We got in better shape (holy fuck my lags were weak) and it was awesome. Went out everyday.

Can't wait to get the little lady on a bike of her own this summer.

Have even considered really getting into some downhill stuff seeing as I live in a great area for that. Used to do it in my teens.

BigBooper

About six months. I used to ride fairly often for fun and exercise until my twig and berries started feeling numb afterwards. Tried different seats with no luck and then read about how common ED is for bike riders and decided to stop.

I still may do it for a brief ride, but I don't think my legs will ever be so rock hard again, but at least my penis will.

niilokin

everyday pretty much but fuck, first proper below 0 celsius morning and my tire punctured , dunno if it's caused by that.

Dark Star

Got a new bike a couple months ago. I've been trying to ride a few miles 3-4 days a week. Great exercise and a really easy/fun way to explore my neighborhood, nearby forest trails, etc.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I bought a nice DimondBack two years ago. I've ridden it exactly twice. I really want to get out more but I've always got something else going on. Or I'm lazy af.

thefool

Today. I sorta only work part-time and I usually use the bike if the weather is good and if I'm not lazy.

Last edited:

T8SC

2 days ago.

All my races were cancelled this year so my mileage is a lot less than normal.

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
Around January I decided I'd exercise everyday, so I did.

For 3 days.

That was the last time I rode a bike.

But I want to get back to it, I really need to lose weight and I'm really determined to.

So one day I'll do it, I'm absolutely certain of it.

V4skunk

Banned
What brand/parts did you customise? I used to race on my own custom Diamond Back Viper/Reactor and mashups of Haros. Searching for parts at local swap meets, crashing at mates places working on our bikes for the next day. Awesome times.
WTP Message frame and fork. Odyssey wheels and hubs, WTP bars, WTP front load stem. Eclat crank, brakes and giro.

spectyre

I bought a decent-ish bike years ago. Used to ride the hell out of it. I live in an area with a lot of bike trails. Unfortunately, the wife doesn't like to ride so since the kids have grown, I haven't ridden in about 5 years. Sad part is we vacation on Mackinac Island every year. For those unfamiliar with Mackinac, it's an island in Northern Michigan where no motor vehicles are allowed. Horses, bikes, or walking are the only mode of transport. It's a bicyclists' paradise. We walk everywhere. :lollipop_expressionless:

xrnzaaas

This is a little OT, but are you guys still riding during the second wave of covid? Personally I've decided to take a break because the health service is in shambles in my country as a result of the coronavirus situation and I don't want to risk not getting treated properly in case of an accident. Hopefully it'll get better so I can start again early in the spring.

Top Bottom