• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's that new BioShock?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Announced 4 years ago and nothing really since except rumors and hearsay, most notably it taking place in Antarctica, but at this point? Who knows.

Shawn Elliott (formerly of 1UP, GFW Radio and then Irrational) is still set to be one of the directors looking at his LinkedIn (associate design director)

Maybe we'll finally see something at TGA? What are the chances Levine's Judas releases before this?

Somehow I get the feeling that its potential vaporware. And I dont see how you can make a real BioShock game without him involved. BioShock 2 had its moments yes, I wont deny that.

Going to CloudChamber Studios site, they're still looking to hire a bunch of people

Those are a bunch of key positions yet to be filled...

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Even the not-Bioshock but-kinda-Bioshock game Judas that Ken Levine has been working on for close to a decade doesn't have a set release date.

What is going on?

TastyPastry

antartica? why won't they make another game in rapture. it's such a good setting, just imagine that place with a new graphics engine or even in VR. just make it bigger or open world or something

id be happy with a prequel/spin-off/whatever set in rapture.

maybe they were constructing another city but it all went wrong.
maybe you're a scientist-by-day, crime-investigator by night, watching how the discovery/development of plasmids is slowly changing the city for the worse.
maybe youre a turtle.

CuNi

Bioshock 1-2 were strong fps games, infinite hurt a lot of peoples feelings.
I liked infinite way more than the genres before. I lived the sky city setting Ave the wholew quantum multiverse situation only added to it. I'd take an infinite 2 over rapture anytime and any day.

2K's Response:

Reaction GIF

TagZ

Huh? I want to stick to: "To each their own". But I cannot understand people preferring Infinite over the original.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Judas is the new Bioshock anyone should be looking forward to. Without Levine involved, it's likely gonna be just a poor man's imitation at best. Bioshock 2 had a more personal, human story which I liked but this is a series that I feel like it should be pushing the envelope when it comes to video game storytelling. It can't be just "good enough"

Last edited:
Top Bottom