• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which current generation game holds the best graphics title?

Now that the PS4 Pro is out some titles look noticeably cleaner when compared to the ps4. Uncharted 4 on the Pro just looks stunning! Don't get me wrong, it looked great on the ps4 but the iq was mediocre during gameplay. Between the sharpening filter when standing still and its horrible motion blur it really detracted from the overall immersion. This is not the case anymore with the Pro just based on the increased resolution. Tomb Raider on the PS4 Pro also looks amazing with its Enhanced preset. Finally getting all those pc settings maxed out all while running in 1080p. Which current gen game do you think holds the best graphics crown?

uncharted4_athiefsend0qkvz.png

uncharted4_athiefsendltjwm.png

uncharted4_athiefsendqxkn2.png

uncharted4_athiefsendgdj3o.png

riseofthetombraider_8acke7.png

riseofthetombraider_5hgjxd.png

riseofthetombraider_5bwk5f.png

riseofthetombraider_687jwy.png

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Uncharted 4 in 1440p and HDR is untouchable.

At 1080p and SDR it's still untouchable.

Blobbers

During my 1st Uncharted 4 playthrough, I literally cried at how good the graphics were. No other game has had that effect on me.

Best current gen is Uncharted 4, with Forza Horizon 3 not too far behind. Best mid gen is probably Ratchet and Clank based on impressions.

Bishop89

I'd say Uncharted 4 easily. its breathtaking.

Battlefield 1, battlefront, the order, ratchet and clank are really great too.

I gotta say I am incredibly impressed by Ratchet & Clank. The game looks special on the Pro.

At first I thought all cutscenes were pre-rendered but then by looking closer at the screen I noticed nearly all of them has the same resolution as the gameplay sequences (checkerboarded) which mean they are real-time.

Of course Uncharted 4 looks gorgeous too, as does The Last of Us running at native 4K, but Ratchet has that something something running for it. Looks cg so many times and the motion blur looks unreal. And such a colorful game, with HDR enabled, makes it imo the best mid gen experience you can find right now.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Uncharted 4 due to the amount of detail, textures etc. most realistic would go to The Order 1886 for sure though, just amazing.

theorder_1886_20161004cont.png

theorder_1886_2016100keohk.png

theorder_1886_2016100qzol0.png

Could only imagine what this game would look like with even a half-arsed Pro patch.

Until Dawn.

Beautiful game, but was let down by having the framerate of a PowerPoint presentation.

I'd say Uncharted 4 is number 1 and The Order 1886 is second.

There's many other games featuring breathtaking visuals as-well such as Battlefield 1 and Ratchet and Clank which are stunning!

Until Dawn.

Definitely this game as-well, wow it looks incredible! I'd love to see a Pro patch for this but the developers might be occupied with other things.

The game already features an unlocked frame-rate so it would be awesome to see how high it could go on the Pro at 1080p!
A 1440p+ mode would look incredible too!

Shredderi

I still think it's The Order 1886. They achieved this by compromising so much player agency and making the game really streamlined. It resulted in a thoroughly mediocre game but goddamn the visual payoff from it is stunning. The asset quality is still absolutely bonkers.

Fbh

Just visually? Uncharted 4 for sure.
It looks amazing. The character models, the animations , the environments. While playing I was often just stand there for 5 min looking at the surroundings

BUT you also have to consider that other games are doing really nice graphics on a much more impressive scale.
U4 is mostly a linear and scripted adventure game. Battlefield 1 on the other hand does still look amazing and is running a giant battlefield with 40-60 online players while also including vehicles and destructible environments.

DieH@rd

Banned
Order 1886 is still to be surpased. It is most consistent in all of its aspects of presentation, on all levels, and in all situations.

Tremendous achievement of production... shame it stumbled on the length and variety of experiences.

It's a real shame that you can negatively correlate graphical quality with mechanical depth.

Not really. Doom for example is a great technical achievement with excellent mechanics. Same with the Gears of War series, which requires real mastery in MP. Forza Horizon 3 looks gorgeous and plays brilliantly. Heck, even Uncharted 4 has excellent combat mechanics, it just doesn't make enough use of them in my opinion.

Not really. Doom for example is a great technical achievement with excellent mechanics. Same with the Gears of War series, which requires real mastery in MP. Forza Horizon 3 looks gorgeous and plays brilliantly. Heck, even Uncharted 4 has excellent combat mechanics, it just doesn't make enough use of them in my opinion.

I don't think Forza Horizon 3 is graphically impressive. It's beautiful, yes! But from a technical standpoint? Not really. It plays nice though. The best racing game this gen.

I think The Order 1886 and Uncharted 4 are on top. Followed by Gears 4 and Tomb Raider.
I would put Driveclub up there if the image quality wasn't so shit.

jerry5278

Neo Member
Paper mario: color splash. It really looks like everything is cut from paper. Absolutely amazing. For ps4, the order 1886. For xbox one, gears of war 4

The best looking games would either be Naruto storm 4 or Guilty Gear.

But I think Project X Zone needs a nod for the best pixel art characters out there.

Top Bottom