• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which new gaming TV tech are you most excited about

Pasedo

With some announcements made at CES 2018 already. LG rollable OLED screens. Samsung's massive Wall TV with some sort of MicroLED tech, Nvidia with their first foray into TV's with a 120hz HDR capable Gaming TV and with progression into AI and IoT integrated into TV's as well as more content streaming options and not to forget increased resolution to 8k. What are you most excited about and why? Personally for me it's this MicroLED tech with millions of self emitting pixels which I hope gets you the benefits of OLED with the brightness levels of LED/LCDs but I suspect an affordable consumer version is still some time away.

proandrad

HDMI 2.1, with all the games being release with unlocked frame rate modes a tv capable of variable refresh rates would be amazing.

Last edited:
GSync making its way into TVs is highly encouraging. I expect FreeSync to follow suit and see a push for sets that enable PC-gaming the n the big screen and aid consoles in modernizing.

I just want cheaper tvs. Cheaper oleds cheaper lcd tvs. Cheaper 70+ size tvs. LG's self calibrating tvs sound great and is probably the most interesting tech that will come out in the near future. Hdmi 2.1 sounds like something that won't even be close to mainstream for several more years, so not much reason to care that tvs in 2018 won't have it. And samsung's dream of micro led tvs is way off in the distant future and when the tech does arrive no one will be able to afford it lol.

Top Bottom