• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who gets saved first?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Based on a meme I saw, I actually had a tough time figuring out in modern times who gets to be saved first in a disaster situation like a cruise ship sinking. Normally it would be women and children first but in Today's world, after children, who goes first? Women? Trans? Non-binary? If a man were to say he identifies as a woman, how does the person in charge decide if what he says is true or not? Will this not be abused by greedy men? I am genuinely curious.

thinking emoji GIF

MastAndo

Children will always get priority, but I don't believe "women (and children) first" is an expected thing anymore. It might still be implied given the situation - those naturally stronger and willing might stick around longer to help.

Traveling as a single guy, I believe that's what I would do...but if I had my family onboard, I'd grab them and go full Costanza out of there. Eff them other kids and women.

simpatico

It would be children, then old people, then hot women, then ugly women, then men and trans-people last.
Who's gonna navigate that lifeboat man? You pair up fertile women and virile men (so they can create a breeding camp if they become stranded on an island) and throw in a few preteens for the island labor. There will be a lot of busy work to be done in a deserted island situation.

Chilvary is dead.

Every family would fight for themselves. Even less people would get off the ship these days

Men arent supposed to be this heroic selfless sacrificial totem.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
In this situation I'd make sure my wife and child are on a lifeboat. Then I'd only escape once all the women and children are off safe.

This may come across as misogynistic, but I don't care. I still believe men should be providers and protectors.

HoodWinked

Either someone launches the rescue boat early with like 20% of the capacity or everyone gets onboard and it sinks killing everyone.

Can only go two ways. Entitled self important pricks or self destructive compassion.

Winter John

Gold Member
Who gets saved first? Me of course. Moms. Kids. Grandmas. Pregnant ladies. Cripples. I'd push every one of em into the shark infested waters without a second thought, and you would too.

Hudo

Morally: Children and women.
Realistically: The ones with the most money.
Hopefully: No one.

FeralEcho

I say let only children and old people on since lgbtq and women want the same rights as men let them have the same rights so by that notion leave them last with the rest of them lousy men and send them first to war with the rest of them lousy men.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I say let only children and old people on since lgbtq and women want the same rights as men let them have the same rights so by that notion leave them last with the rest of them lousy men and send them first to war with the rest of them lousy men.
battlefield 1 time GIF

jason10mm

Gold Member
This is easy. I grab the hottest lady with one hand, I grab the youngest child with the other. I then kick the fattest tub o'lard over and use them as an improvised life raft (at 0.001% bodyfat, I do not float) whilst I swim to shore, fighting sharks if I have to. I then construct a castle on the shore, establish a plantation, populate the island with my children by the hottest lady, and leave it all to my heir, the youngest child.

The mantra of the gigachad...

pplqtph.png

lachesis

Well, I think it should be just in reverse order of being born.
Older folks like myself lived long enough. Young ones have more to live on. So they should be saved.
By doing so, you don't have to deal with men women thing or whatnot.

Top Bottom