• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who has bought a Wii U within the past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riki

I'm really considering buying one after E3, the refurb price is just right. Feels good to be excited about Nintendo again, I had given up around the time GameCube's reign was coming to an end.

One of the biggest draws for me is actually the GamePad, you see, I don't have a TV. So is it really true most games are completely playable without one? I could just turn on the GamePad and play? If so, what an awesome feature.
You would still need a TV to set up the systen sadly.
But yes, you can play most games full from the gamepad after that.

Riki

So is this a one time set up? Because there's a TV I could use very easily to do so.
Yeah you just need it to sync the controller and set up your account. After that you can boot right from the controller into any game and play it (provided it has off TV play).

BokehKing

Banned
Shitty weather in NY got me forgetting today is 4th of July is today, the stores that are opened are sold out

I know - one- more spot I can check

Kuse

Banned
Mario Kart 8 was very tempting to pick up a WiiU but then I woke up and shook off the dream. I've just outgrown Nintendo and their recycled IP's for the past 20 some odd years.

I'll stick to my Xbox One and PS4.

Riki

Mario Kart 8 was very tempting to pick up a WiiU but then I woke up and shook off the dream. I've just outgrown Nintendo and their recycled IP's for the past 20 some odd years.

And the recycled IPs from the past 10 years.

Still regret getting the basic though. I really want the Zelda bundle but its a ton of money to drop on something I have. Even if I look down on it.

Ha, for me it was the other way around! I was looking for the Basic set but the sodding thing was being phased out locally at the time. I ended up getting the black NSMBU Deluxe set instead. White electronics > black electronics though ;D.

One of the biggest draws for me is actually the GamePad, you see, I don't have a TV. So is it really true most games are completely playable without one? I could just turn on the GamePad and play? If so, what an awesome feature.

You are correct. You can operate the Wii U without a TV as well as play all Off-TV compatible games (Nintendo Land, Zombi U and The Cave are the only games I know of that require a TV). EDIT: beaten :)

rjc571

Banned

And how are you enjoying the fresh, exciting new IPs on your Xbone and PS4?

Yet the "recycled IP's" feel fresh and consistently provide quality gaming experiences.

But your post is really informative and useful for this thread. Those two consoles definitely have very interesting and unique gaming experiences coming through, not completely generic retreads of the last generation.

Kuse

Banned
Yet the "recycled IP's" feel fresh and consistently provide quality gaming experiences.

But your post is really informative and useful for this thread. Those two consoles definitely have very interesting and unique gaming experiences coming through, not completely generic retreads of the last generation.

I haven't seen a Halo game released almost every other year for the past 20 some odd years man.

In the end to each their own, if you want to play the 26th iteration of Super Mario that's on you man, I can't hate...

Don't worry. When you're older you'll grow back into them.

And the recycled IPs from the past 10 years.

And how are you enjoying the fresh, exciting new IPs on your Xbone and PS4?

I dunno about you guys, but I'm just gonna

tumblr_n4gqn0CcFP1s0hia6o1_500.gif

...ignore his blatant drive-by trolling attempt and get on with my day.

gngf123

Yet, coming from E3 Nintendo and indies seemed like the only ones willing to create and not recycle old ideas.

I haven't seen a Halo game released almost every other year for the past 20 some odd years man.

In the end to each their own, if you want to play the 26th iteration of Super Mario that's on you man, I can't hate...

Would you kindly go back to 2002 and leave the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom