• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why can’t I buy a psn card anymore with a Amazon gift card?

Jesb

I got an Amazon gift card and I wanted to use it to get a $50 psn card but it doesn’t allow me. I get an error saying region restricted. Wtf is this now? Since when can’t we do this? I’m in Canada and using Amazon.ca.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lots of places are cracking down on spending gift cards to buy other gift cards. Maybe Amazon.ca is the latest?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No idea, I buy my PSN card from my local EBGames, I dont trust Amazon much.

Topher

Gold Member
I got an Amazon gift card and I wanted to use it to get a $50 psn card but it doesn’t allow me. I get an error saying region restricted. Wtf is this now? Since when can’t we do this? I’m in Canada and using Amazon.ca.

Was the gift card bought on Amazon.ca? I don't think Amazon.com gift cards work on their sites of other countries.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
A simple google search would give valid reasons why this practice isn’t profitable for retailers. Not sure about Amazon though and how it works. I could see it would be different with them based on the nature of their business.

Last edited:

th4tguy

I can’t but eshop or psn cards from any store with gift cards. It’s super annoying because we like buying our game digitally so we can play together as a family with multiple systems/ 1 copy of game. The kids will get gift cards for stores as presents sometimes and want to buy eshop / psn cards to get games but cant.

Jesb

Was the gift card bought on Amazon.ca? I don't think Amazon.com gift cards work on their sites of other countries.
It was bought from a retail store here. Probably shoppers drug mart. And I tried using it on Amazon.ca but I can’t. Wanted to get a card and it’s not allowing me.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It was bought from a retail store here. Probably shoppers drug mart. And I tried using it on Amazon.ca but I can’t.

Damn.....I don't know. Should probably get on a chat session with Amazon support and ask at this point.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Clear your browsing history/cookies, try going to your country’s Amazon website, and try again? Sometimes I use to find a UK link. I know I can’t buy a gift card at Target with a Target gift card. I have bought Amazon cards from the gas station and purchased PSN cards because they have direct to email codes. I know Steam codes are always marked higher in price for some odd reason on Amazon. Probably a region restriction or something. I agree about starting a chat with them. I’ve done this plenty of times in NA.

Last edited:

flying_sq

It's because of fraud and money laundering. At least in the US. Went down a bit of a rabbit hole awhile ago because of it.

Gamestop pulled the plug on the $5 pro monthly coupon being able to put towards any psn xbox or steam codes about 2 months ago. Basically makes the program useless now. I feel your pain .

Top Bottom