• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Did The PS3 Fail?

Pureauthor said:
This thread should be sent to the archives so we can drag this thing up again next year or whenever.

Good idea, but I have a hunch that even if PS3's underwhelming performance continues for another year, many posters here will cry "too soon" and "Wait for '09!"

I guess we'll find out.

AVclub

So the PS3 failed to instantly destroy it's competition in the first year of its ten-year-plan? Is that it? Okay. It's still worth every penny I paid for it and I've had a blast playing with it so far.

The Dreamcast failed and was discontinued after two years on the market. Yet games are still being made for it all these years later. If the PS3 ultimately fails at grabbing mainstream acceptance and is abandoned by Sony, what impact do you think that will have on those who already own one?

Arde5643 said:
Translation: not too many audience.

:lol

To quote Spinal Tap's manager when questioned about declining ticket sales:

"Our audience is becoming more selective."

And when informed of a cancelled gig in Boston:

"Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it, though. It's not a big college town."

Hmm.

GameGamer

richman555 said:
The PS3 sells well to its target audience.

So far what I see are home theater people who are buying PS3's mainly as a blu-ray player that can play Madden.

I'm still waiting for better dual format players.

AVclub said:
The Dreamcast failed and was discontinued after two years on the market. Yet games are still being made for it all these years later. If the PS3 ultimately fails at grabbing mainstream acceptance and is abandoned by Sony, what impact do you think that will have on those who already own one?
woah, a Dreamcast analogy. I didnt know it was this bad already.

Top Bottom