• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why hasn't Microsoft added Activision-Blizzard games to Gamepass yet?

tmlDan

Official or rumor?

Regardless, I'm expecting back catalogue games to get added. I doubt they can add current year COD because of marketing deal (regardless if they want to). No clue on Diablo.
alright, if you think a "business update" and not an immediate debunk by Phil, is good news, then its all good if you want to stay positive.

Just be prepared for the opposite of what you expect.

Last edited:

NickFire

alright, if you think a "business update" and not an immediate debunk by Phil, is good news, then its all good if you want to stay positive.

Just be prepared for the opposite of what you expect.
Um, you seem to be mistaking me with someone else. Read the other threads on the topic(s). You will see posts from me. Not a single one suggesting they are going to share good news. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And one other thing - I used the term soften the impact. I didn't say make things better or even alright. :messenger_sunglasses:

tmlDan

Um, you seem to be mistaking me with someone else. Read the other threads on the topic(s). You will see posts from me. Not a single one suggesting they are going to share good news. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And one other thing - I used the term soften the impact. I didn't say make things better or even alright. :messenger_sunglasses:
I don't stalk people, but i'll believe you lol

Elysium44

Banned
Didn’t they say CoD won’t be added to Gamepass? What I did notice is that CoD titles are far more frequently on sale and with bigger discounts since MS took over.

Which ones? I just checked a few on a price tracker and the discounts are no more frequent nor higher than previously.

Pope Francis Speech GIF by Storyful

Alebrije

Won't make sense to include Activision games on Gamepass, how people expect they get money from those IPs if they put them on Gamepass....

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Which ones? I just checked a few on a price tracker and the discounts are no more frequent nor higher than previously.
All of them. Maybe my memory is fuzzy but I kinda remember always struggling to find CoD for a better discount. Now I can regularly get Modern Warfare for around 20 EUR. Remember even Black Ops not going below that on Steam and that is an old ass game.

Nydius

I think they need to get the ftc off their backs first.

That's the vibe I get.
Was quite literally about to type the exact same line. So long as the FTC litigation remains open, I doubt they’ll add much, if anything, from the ABK library.

And then it also depends on what their “new strategy” is.

LordBritish

They should just rip NUKETOWN from both Blackops 1 and 2, and make it 2gb and a DL on gamepass... millions would just play the F out of it... add some skins to make $$$, win

Elysium44

Banned
All of them. Maybe my memory is fuzzy but I kinda remember always struggling to find CoD for a better discount. Now I can regularly get Modern Warfare for around 20 EUR. Remember even Black Ops not going below that on Steam and that is an old ass game.

Go here, choose Xbox prices and find one which is cheaper than it used to be, I can't.

DaGwaphics

It's hard to read how the regulators would play into a decision like that. In the EU/UK putting the games on GP was part of the argument they put forward to justify the deal, that was the big positive for consumers.

DJ12

You've got to wonder if Satya stopped believe captain lies, Phil spenders, bullshit when Bobby was on the stand and said gamepass killed sales

Havoc2049

I want the OG Call of Duty on PC Game Pass and that Blizzard 16-bit collection on XB Game Pass and I'll be happy.

Top Bottom