• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why should Teddy Roosevelt have not gotten the NPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarishBHR

I need to know why Teddy shouldnt have gotten the nobel peace prize. Im having a debate on it later today, someone please gimme some facts/bullet points for why he shouldnt have gotten it. Feel free to link me to a site with more info as well.

Im counting on you GAF

The only reason that I can think of, is because he wasn't a peaceful man. He supported insubordination in Panama, so the US could go in, and build our canal.

But that's the way to be in my opinion. TR was the man.

swoon

the year he won the npp he did some peaceful things/help'd end wars etc. but his over all career was filled with "big stick" diplomacy which is just as bad as it sounds.

Loki

Count of Concision
ToyMachine228 said:
The only reason that I can think of, is because he wasn't a peaceful man. He supported insubordination in Panama, so the US could go in, and build our canal.

But that's the way to be in my opinion. TR was the man.

So meddling in the affairs of other nations so that we could make more money is "the way to be" in your estimation? Methinks you should reconsider...

It's that sort of mentality which has gotten us into the precarious global situation we're in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom