• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Single Player Gamers shouldn't fear the GAAS Revolution...

Dear Single Player Gamer, does this make sense to you?

• No. I am confused.

• Yes. I still don't like it but I see your point.

• Yes. I bask in the warm glow of a new perspective surrounding this difficult topic. TY, OP.

• No, GAAS is dumb.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hugare

Why I fear the GAAS pivot is it LOOKS like its coming at the expense of those AAA single player games from Sony with how the last 12 months have gone and how the next 12 months look

Heres to hoping we get another Showcase and revealing some more games soon though
It looks? We have some receipts already

Sony's best studio, Naughty Dog, wasted years developing a GAAS game that will never see the light of day. We could have had at least a trailer for their next single player game by now if it wasnt for that stupid initiative of forcing GAAS upon their best studios.

About the topic, well ... just look at the poll results. Typical Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes thread, totally disconnected from reality.

rm082e

Launch week server instability is a small price to pay to keep cheating jackasses from running around with level 999 characters 1 shotting everything with +99 Uber Lengendaries in every slot. If you're advocating for an offline only mode that's fine, but you can't let people take those characters online, server side saves are a 1000% necessity these days.

Yeah, I want an offline mode for all the loot games that have a campaign.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
About the topic, well ... just look at the poll results. Typical Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes thread, totally disconnected from reality.

images

This is arguably a top 10 all time original NeoGAF thread. As the market continues to turn towards GAAS, the OP is proven correct again and again.

I'm a SINGLE PLAYER gamer and I love SP games. It provides far more creativity and value for my money and time.

GaaS sucks! Beside the game structure there's little to no effort they've put. That's why they efford to go f2p. The problem starts how many players will be playing a gaas game per session? There're tons of them now and more keeps flowing trash in junkyard. They're designed to spend as much time and money one can pour in doing the same thing repeatedly endlessly. Once you've touched the basics it's done, now keep on grinding for that little extra. It gets hella boring after sometime.

It's upto the players what we choose. It's simply quality or quantity. I'd rather have full experience at once rather than having bare minimum for continuous work that sometime takes days/months even years.

Mortisfacio

I'm still waiting on a GaaS title that does something new. The latest entry, Helldivers, just made a more improved version of other games we've already played before that weren't great to begin with. If my friends weren't playing it, I don't think I'd bother with the game. That's been my general sentiment with most GaaS titles.

SP games however have some real gems. Phantom Liberty and BG3 are some of the best gaming experiences I've had the last 5 or so years.

Wildebeest

Multiplayer gamers usually don't go too far to find different viewpoints and general discussion about games. They mostly stay in silos, not even really caring how the person in a neighbouring but very similar multiplayer game sees the hobby. They are like grazing animals with their heads down, compared to the hunters and gatherers who play single player games, always on the move and trying to figure out where the good stuff is.

Top Bottom