• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii-k in Review 6/8

schuelma said:
Speculation on the other 2 EA sports games? I'm guessing its Tiger Woods and NBA Live. Any other possibilities?

Well NBA and Tiger have already been confirmed to be coming to Wii. But are these 2 games IGN talked about game that haven't be revealed yet or ones currently in development?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Alkaliine said:
Well NBA and Tiger have already been confirmed to be coming to Wii. But are these 2 games IGN talked about game that haven't be revealed yet or ones currently in development?

Well it was kind of weird- they thought they had been revealed already but weren't completely sure..so I'm not entirely sure on what they were talking about. I sure as hell hope Fight Night is one of them.

schuelma said:
Well it was kind of weird- they thought they had been revealed already but weren't completely sure..so I'm not entirely sure on what they were talking about. I sure as hell hope Fight Night is one of them.

Well we currently know the following EA Sports games are in development:

FIFA 08
Madden 08
Tiger Woods 08
NBA 08

It's probably just 2 of those games, likely Tiger and NBA.

jrricky

Banned
Alkaliine said:
Well we currently know the following EA Sports games are in development:

FIFA 08
Madden 08
Tiger Woods 08
NBA 08

It's probably just 2 of those games, likely Tiger and NBA.

Their not officially announced but I saw the tiger woods 08 boxart already.

jrricky said:
Their not officially announced but I saw the tiger woods 08 boxart already.

Actually I think you're right - I'm pretty sure NBA and Tiger haven't been officially announced yet (has Madden either?), so they probably are the two games. That would be pretty lame if so, since there's a lot of EA Sports franchises that would work great on Wii:

NCAA Football series
MVP Baseball series
NHL series
NASCAR series
Fight Night series

DyobolikaL. said:
So they fire some top execs who weren't aggressive enough?

I am sure if they were valuable to the company they would've receive a raise or a nice deal with what ever move they are making.

whoevers responsible for those wii commercials and for not publicizing planet puzzle league should be fired.

Wiitard

Banned
Alkaliine said:
Actually I think you're right - I'm pretty sure NBA and Tiger haven't been officially announced yet (has Madden either?), so they probably are the two games. That would be pretty lame if so, since there's a lot of EA Sports franchises that would work great on Wii:

NCAA Football series
MVP Baseball series
NHL series
NASCAR series
Fight Night series

How dare you list Fight Night last! How!

DyTonic

Banned
tetrisgrammaton said:
whoevers responsible for those wii commercials and for not publicizing planet puzzle league should be fired.

Yep those commercials are getting lame, we all get what they are trying to say..

I'm glad to see some 3rd party developers thinking outside the box and i'm not surprise by them not showing commercials of PPL even though it's better than Tetris DS.

schuelma said:
New RPG's- some new RPG's on the way. Hinting at sequal to RPG that came out same time as Baten Katos..Matt- "I might as well just tell you.

Megaman X Command Mission
Paper Mario: TTYD
Tales of Symphonia

There's your short list.

BrodiemanTTR said:
Megaman X Command Mission
Paper Mario: TTYD
Tales of Symphonia

There's your short list.

Interesting...

Sword of Legendia is in development for Wii by Namco - could that be the tales game? If not, there's still a big chance it's a new Tales entry.

It's unlikely that Paper Mario would be coming out again so soon but IGN did mention (accidently) that Nintendo are rumoured to be making an RPG.

Wasn't the Megaman dev making a Wii game? Or did that turn out to be another game (Zack and Wiki was it?)

manzo

Whenever I see the title "Wii-k" I always think it's either Wii-Key or some new freeloader for the Wii. :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
New RPG's- some new RPG's on the way. Hinting at sequal to RPG that came out same time as Baten Katos..Matt- "I might as well just tell you. Bozon- keep faith in Crystal Chronicles. It's going to be good.

As i recall, ToS came out in July, BK in October, MMX:CM and Paper Mario: TTYD in November.

I highly doubt that MMX:CM would get a sequel, considering its sales, and Nintendo just finished up Super Paper Mario.

So that means we're either getting Tales of Symphonia 2, or Baten Kaitos 3 (Hey, they didn't say the sequel wasn't a sequel to Baten Kaitos! :p)

:D

C.T.

GaimeGuy said:
As i recall, ToS came out in July, BK in October, MMX:CM and Paper Mario: TTYD in November.

I highly doubt that MMX:CM would get a sequel, considering its sales, and Nintendo just finished up Super Paper Mario.

So that means we're either getting Tales of Symphonia 2, or Baten Kaitos 3 (Hey, they didn't say the sequel wasn't a sequel to Baten Kaitos! :p)

:D

or both. :)

Heh heh, there was actually one more RPG that hit the GameCube that year, in fact within two weeks of Baten Kaitos. None other than..........*drumroll*.........

LORD OF THE RINGS: THE THIRD AGE

Matt's "I don't really give a crap" comments back that up nicely.

You know what, just maybe it IS Baten Kaitos 3. I'm seriously thinking it will be.

After all, Monolith were recently bought by Nintendo. And maybe Matt's trying to lead us on the wrong track (and thus avoid the knives of PR ninjas) but he's still giving us a clue.

And then think about it even more - a few weeks ago Matt talked about Nintendo making an RPG, but quickly changed it to "3rd party" and gave an uncomfortable laugh. Maybe he's referring to Monolith Soft.

I could be crazy of course.

Alkaliine said:
And then think about it even more - a few weeks ago Matt talked about Nintendo making an RPG, but quickly changed it to "3rd party" and gave an uncomfortable laugh. Maybe he's referring to Monolith Soft.

Matt said Nintendo was making a "hardcore game", not specifically an RPG.

wsippel

Banned
Alkaliine said:
You know what, just maybe it IS Baten Kaitos 3. I'm seriously thinking it will be.

After all, Monolith were recently bought by Nintendo. And maybe Matt's trying to lead us on the wrong track (and thus avoid the knives of PR ninjas) but he's still giving us a clue.

I could be crazy of course.
Monolith is working on a RPG for Wii, but it's not Baten Kaitos.

BrodiemanTTR said:
I've barred the windows and doors, there's no escape. Tell me everything.

Monolith Soft have said they are making more than one game for the console, but I didn't know it was an RPG.

wsippel, was your comment speculation or actual knowledge?

Dascu

vanguardian1 said:
Hmm... when did Skies of Arcadia Legends come out? I wanna see a new RPG like that for Wii. :D

Don't worry, a sequel to SoAL for Wii was announced a while ago. Together with BG&E ii and Final Fantasy 6 3D Amano style Wii remake.

:(

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Or maybe that Monolith game is that rumored Vision Red RPG from those rumors several weeks ago, that would fit the rumor quite well.

wsippel

Banned
Alkaliine said:
Monolith Soft have said they are making more than one game for the console, but I didn't know it was an RPG.

wsippel, was your comment speculation or actual knowledge?
That's what I gathered from two different interviews with Hirohide Sugiura. Keep in mind, though, that those interviews are from August and September 2006 - so maybe things have changed recently. On the other hand, if Monolith wasn't already working on Baten Kaitos Wii nine months ago, it would be a 2008 or 2009 title, anyway:

Cubed3, August 2006:
[...] At present, we do not have concrete plans to produce Baten Kaitos for Wii. However, there are several on-going titles exclusively for the Nintendo format. [...]

IGN, September 2006:
I think it is only because our company started with RPGs, but we are always examining various ideas and various possibilities. Disaster is one of them. But, it does not mean that we have changed direction. We are also developing an RPG game separately. [...]

Dascu

vanguardian1 said:
Or maybe that Monolith game is that rumored Vision Red RPG from those rumors several weeks ago, that would fit the rumor quite well.
That entire list was bogus.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Dascu said:
That entire list was bogus.

Possibly, but I get a feeling that the article may have a few elements of truth to it, personally. Remember, all it would take is 1 part of that list becoming true for people to reconsider the whole article.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
vanguardian1 said:
Possibly, but I get a feeling that the article may have a few elements of truth to it, personally. Remember, all it would take is 1 part of that list becoming true for people to reconsider the whole article.

The article claimed that games were shown at the Nintendo media presentation that were not shown at the Nintendo media presentation. The article claimed that Reggie said things at the Nintendo media presentation that were not said at the Nintendo media presentation.

Unless you think some journalist was so desperate to leak info that he or she made up a huge list of obviously fake stuff and inserted a megaton inside, the whole list was bunk.

Nintaiyo

RE4 control sounds kinda like when you aimed the bow/boomerang in TP.

...and LOL if Perrin became a PR for Microsoft.

vanguardian1 said:
A romance that will never die

Top Bottom