• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Mini: Exclusive to Canada | Dec 7th @ $99.99 (No internet, no GC support)

Striek

Oh nice, did not expect this. Shocked its releasing in two weeks and hadn't leaked. No internet and pretty ugly though, not going to rush out and replace my current Wii.

If it's exploitable (which is likely given Wii mode on Wii U is), it could make a nice homebrew-exclusive machine for earlier consoles.

No Internet, seriously?? Goodbye anyone who wanted Hulu/Netflix.

Would anyone really buy a 480P box just to stream Netflix and friends when you can get $60 android 4.x plugin dongles that will do the job at 720P+ ?

No internet ? More than ugly and basic design ?

I know !

It's "My First Console By Playskool" !

Wrong console

GameCube-Console-Set.png

Orayn

Handsome little device! They're definitely channeling the Game & Watch and the original Famicom with the color and sharp edges.

No internet is disappointing, though.

batbeg

I was almost willing to drop on this for smash gamecube controllers and wiiware, then "no internet connectivity". Lol wut

Edit: no gamecube support? BAAHAHAHA

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No game, no gcn, no internet for $100...aren't normal wiis $130 with a game right now?
This is the confusing part. Why would you buy this at all? You could get wii sports resort and wifi for a little more.

You would have to be really misguided to purchase this one over the actual game packin bundle.

FyreWulff

from the press release

Wii Mini is available exclusively in Canada during the holiday season. No information is available about its potential availability in other territories in the future.

So uh yeah, the Wii Mini is Canada-only.

edit: ker-beaten

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I honestly think the folks at Nintendo have lost their goddamn minds some time in the last year and a half.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But without the Internet I won't be able to use the Everybody Votes Channel or check the weather!

NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOO!
ibbKBjEm82mVLU.gif

Nimajneb

It's beautiful. I love the 80's style console design. But the lack of online and GC compatibility is a deal breaker, even if I didn't already have a Wii I wouldn't pick this up.

Aucool

I was quiete ok with no GC retro compatibility but no internet is simply crazy

edit: canada only? oh my god lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No Internet? Uh... the fuck is the rationalization for that?

So what if someone picks this up thinking they can use it for Netflix too?

Canada exclusive is weird too.

And why does it look like a Chinese TE stick knockoff?

Top Bottom