• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii nunchuk - rumble confirmed

TheGreatDave said:
Poor PS3.

I never liked rumble on PS much. Just feelt very weird and artificial. (My hands seldom vibrate much when stuff happends in the real world...) The rumbleless PS3 sixaxis was incredibly light and comfy thanks to the drop.

If I can get such an effect in either hand thought - sounds much better...

Dude, its from Gamesmaster, the worst multi-format magazine we have in the UK.. to put into context, i rather but ONM than Gamesmaster, and ONM is bad.. very bad.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
hey guys guess what, its me again.

This time with "confirmation" from EDGE MAGAZINE - Special Wii feature from latest magazine, page 9.

Quote: "because it does not require batteries, the Nunchuk feels unusually light in operation, although the inclusion of a rumble facility ensures that it has a tactile quality."

hmmmm, the plot thickens? Final confirmation? Make of it what you will.

Remember when it was said that the nunchuk wouldn't have rumble (despite that never being confirmed in the first place) and it was a huge topic full of people whining about it? Where are all those people in this topic? hmmm...

rdellw

If there's a tilt sensor in the Nunchuck wouldn't it make sense to have rumble? You need feedback from the controller right?

We've already seen the inside of a Nunchuck, with no rumble visible really.

I read that in Edge too, but until Nintendo say something about it, I'm going to assume it's not there.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i dont understand why if it all of a sudden has extra weight in it, its all of a sudden "of tactile quality" as if it wasn't already like that before.

kaizoku

The Main Event said:
Well the Sixaxis certainly doesn't need it.

if you have played wario ware twisted, you'd know rumble makes a big difference when it comes to proper motion sensing.

its like a wheel with rumble on a proper set up vs a plate you hold in mid air and rotate.

Vieo

If it's in there, it's kind of weird that Nintendo hasn't mentioned it and someone like Matt(ign) hasn't tried to find out.

Amir0x

Banned
It would be a nice inclusion, definitely. I always thought it would feel really odd if you're trying to 'immerse' yourself and the nunchuck and wiimote act as different parts of your weaponry or body, and then only one part rumbles.

Although... this is cool news, so why won't Nintendo confirm this so close to launch? Seems silly not to, so I'll be skeptical until they do!

JDSN

Banned
I always assumed the nunchuck was going to be included, so I was pretty pissed when IGN said it wasnt.

kaizoku

davepoobond said:
i dont understand why if it all of a sudden has extra weight in it, its all of a sudden "of tactile quality" as if it wasn't already like that before.

um....they are saying it feels very light, but despite the lack of weight, the rumble gives your motions a sense of feel.

We dont even know where the picture of that nunchuk came from do we? or rather where the nunchuk itself came from, maybe it was just a prototype?

but EDGE is an extremely respected magazine and this isnt some kind of freudian slip or assumption on the journalists behalf. if anything the general consensus is that it does NOT have rumble, so why go out of your way to explicitly declare the rumble if you had to fatten up your paragraph for tomorrow's deadline?

Juice

I've been led to believe on multiple occasions (with the single exception being that gutted nunchuk we saw out of china) that it did have rumble-ability.

What's the story? How is it that so many people have played the Wii lately and none have been able to tell us one way or another?

Guess we'll know in a couple weeks.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Juice said:
I've been led to believe on multiple occasions (with the single exception being that gutted nunchuk we saw out of china) that it did have rumble-ability.

What's the story? How is it that so many people have played the Wii lately and none have been able to tell us one way or another?

Guess we'll know in a couple weeks.

We should start placing bets.

NSider

This is dumb. We're 3 weeks away from launch and we still don't know for sure if the nunchuck has rumble or not, if online is through single or multiple friend codes, if Zelda Wii has a left-handed mode or not, not to mention Zelda's confusing controls (camera or no camera?).

This is really dumb.

NSider said:
This is dumb. We're 3 weeks away from launch and we still don't know for sure if the nunchuck has rumble or not, if online is through single or multiple friend codes, if Zelda Wii has a left-handed mode or not, not to mention Zelda's confusing controls (camera or no camera?).

This is really dumb.

I disagree. I'm glad we know nothing, since I already know enough to make the purchase. Now I shall enjoy playing with my Wii. :0)

Ranger X

DEAR GOD Kaizoku, quit it already. There is no rumble in the Nunchuck and there won't be one anytime soon. Jeez.
There is people using the console and making games for it 40hours a week. I guess we are all tards.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
you know whats a bigger mystery?

Does PAL Wii get 480p or doesn't it. Why can't journos answer this?

NSider said:

This is really dumb.

I agree that Nintendo has ****ed up the pre-launch pretty bad. No kits to media (except Kohler?) three weeks from launch isn't bad, it's laughably idiotic. There are rumors that european press won't get consoles until just a few days before the european launch.

What the hell is going on, Nintendo?

FoxHimself said:
I agree that Nintendo has ****ed up the pre-launch pretty bad. No kits to media (except Kohler?) three weeks from launch isn't bad, it's laughably idiotic. There are rumors that european press won't get consoles until just a few days before the european launch.

What the hell is going on, Nintendo?

They dont want the press to steal their ideas

kaizoku

Ranger X said:
DEAR GOD Kaizoku, quit it already. There is no rumble in the Nunchuck and there won't be one anytime soon. Jeez.
There is people using the console and making games for it 40hours a week. I guess we are all tards.

As you will see from this thread, many people are confused as to what the truth is - which means you developers havent exactly come out and made some kind of public announcement about it have you? I'm not the one who wrote the article mister.

talk about over-reaction, have you been inundated with some kind of kaizoku-driven campaign for the past few months where I try to convince the world nunchuk has a rumble and developers are all tards?

Ranger X

kaizoku said:
As you will see from this thread, many people are confused as to what the truth is - which means you developers havent exactly come out and made some kind of public announcement about it have you? I'm not the one who wrote the article mister.

talk about over-reaction, have you been inundated with some kind of kaizoku-driven campaign for the past few months where I try to convince the world nunchuk has a rumble and developers are all tards?

Just a comment you should take it as "humorish". lol
And why should we announce stuff for Nintendo? It's their problem if there really is people confused as to know if Nunchuck is having rumble or not. I think there's only some hardcore gamers that i confused.
But be confused no more, i'm gonna re-assure you again, there is no rumble in the Nunchuck right now. (I'm saying right now because you know Nintendo can bring redesigns within a couple of years).
In this thread you had pics + you had me confirming there is no rumble either. I'm using a Wii everyday at work buddy.
You guys truly need Nintendo to tell it before believing there is no rumble? Why do you believe some article hinting there is one?

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
catfish said:
you know whats a bigger mystery?

Does PAL Wii get 480p or doesn't it. Why can't journos answer this?

Yeah, that's the only thing left but it probably supports it. The web shops in Sweden are promoting the component cable at least so that's a good sign.

Nintendo won't sell component cables in Europe if it doesn't support 480p. What would be the point?

PAL Wii will support 480p. I bet £10 on it.

hirokazu

TheGreatDave said:
Nintendo won't sell component cables in Europe if it doesn't support 480p. What would be the point?

they sold it in Australia for GC even though there was no 480p...

kIdMuScLe

Cronox said:
So whats going on with this thread guys?

kaizoku is having a hard time believing ppl like me who has played with the Wii that there is no rumble in the Nunchuk. This is something that we on GAF have known for months but Kaizoku is, for some reason, believing two gaming articles that are allegedly reporting there is rumble in the Nunchuk. that's all.

P.S. No ****IN RUMBLE IN THE NUNCHUK!!!!!!!!!!!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
TheGreatDave said:

Component will overtake scart as the most common analog connection, as it's part of the HD-Ready specification in Europe. It's the lead a lot of people will be using in the future, with or without progressive-scan.

It doesn't guarantee 480p, and the strange silence and lack of any statements about the whole issue is the main reason I'm looking into getting a US Wii. Atleast there is no doubt there.

kaizoku

kIdMuScLe said:
kaizoku is having a hard time believing ppl like me who has played with the Wii that there is no rumble in the Nunchuk. This is something that we on GAF have known for months but Kaizoku is, for some reason, believing two gaming articles that are allegedly reporting there is rumble in the Nunchuk. that's all.

P.S. No ****IN RUMBLE IN THE NUNCHUK!!!!!!!!!!!

OR you take some reading comprehension classes and see that I'm just passing on news.

Did I ever at any stage actually state my opinion? did I come running through the forum screaming about the rumble and crushing you guys with my facts? "IN YOUR FACE GUYS, I knew it had rumble all along!! you damn liars!"

that two seperate gaming articles state the same thing is quite interesting. One is actually a Wii dedicated booklet which seems very professional, very well designed and probably closely monitored by NOE (maybe thats where the error comes from then). it comes with an Interview with a Nintendo marketing director too.

they are in the same position as you, having played it and now sharing their impressions. Except you're a random online guy I never met before and the other is a proper gaming magazine which has been around for many years. so excuse me for taking this magazine as a reliable source. not that i'm choosing it over you, its just a news-worthy snippet in my eyes and worth a glance.

and since there is no rumble, I find the fact that EDGE states there is rumble another topic worth bringing up - how does arguably the worlds most respected games magazine make that kind of error?

anyway sorry, I know now to trust only GAF posters. wont happen again officer.

p.s. I dont believe you.

moorecore

Neo Member
This is one hell of a bump....the mystery can finally be solved!

A few months ago an online friend who bought a prototype nunchuk took it apart and sent me pictures. The pictures show the same type of rumble motor used in GBA games. So we can now be sure that at some stage in development the nunchuk did indeed have rumble , which of course, was then taken out some time before release.

I tweeted Hard4Games with the info and pictures (who didn't pick up on this) but Nintendo Life did:

Nintendo Life: Prototype Wii Nunchuk Controller Included A Rumble Motor, According To New Photos

kingbean

This is one hell of a bump....the mystery can finally be solved!

A few months ago an online friend who bought a prototype nunchuk took it apart and sent me pictures. The pictures show the same type of rumble motor used in GBA games. So we can now be sure that at some stage in development the nunchuk did indeed have rumble , which of course, was then taken out some time before release.

I tweeted Hard4Games with the info and pictures (who didn't pick up on this) but Nintendo Life did:

Nintendo Life: Prototype Wii Nunchuk Controller Included A Rumble Motor, According To New Photos

Well that's one thing I can check off my list of shit I must absolutely know that I didn't know I needed to know.

Thanks!

-Arcadia-

Banned
Probably a good move that kept prices do. Those things weren’t the greatest rumble, right? More of a buzz?

I felt the final product rumbling on the right/Wii Remote side was okay enough for the time.

This is pretty fascinating though, thanks for the update.

Top Bottom