• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA really needs to launch Madden on Wii U that has 2-player Gamepad compatibility. I know Nintendo has said that it wouldn't be for launch, but Madden without it would be pointless for local multiplayer when it would be so obviously lacking.

Meelow

Banned
EA really needs to launch Madden on Wii U that has 2-player Gamepad compatibility. I know Nintendo has said that it wouldn't be for launch, but Madden without it would be pointless for local multiplayer when it would be so obviously lacking.

They will probably use the Pro Controller for multiplayer.

They can tout it as an improvement for the second iteration on the system.

Nah i think Square-enix just decides to put the DQ games where they have the most potential to sell/the console with the largest userbase.
If that were purely the case though then I would have thought S-E would want to simultaneously release multiplatform on the PS3 (360) / Wii, rather than have a Wii U SKU.

AzaK

Watching this video of Scribblenauts for Wii U really makes me want it for my little boy. I can imagine them having an awesome time thinking up ways to solve the levels. And if the game can actually manifest enough options it could be a real hoot watching him create crazy things.

jmizzal

They will probably use the Pro Controller for multiplayer.

What he means is the 2nd player cant hide their plays

With two screens, players have no idea what play set the other person is in. Imagine call your shoot on the WiiU pad other players cant see the play you draw.

Being that its EA I doubt they do it for this year, even if Nintendo let them, EA is just lazy to do anything extra.

Meelow

Banned
What he means is the 2nd player cant hide their plays

With two screens, players have no idea what play set the other person is in. Imagine call your shoot on the WiiU pad other players cant see the play you draw.

Being that its EA I doubt they do it for this year, even if Nintendo let them, EA is just lazy to do anything extra.

Yeah, we will probably see that in Madden NFL 14.

Meelow

Banned
Did you guys see this?

Final+Fantasy+XV+Unofficial.jpg

http://thesilentchief.com/2012/07/1...opment-will-release-on-current-gen-platforms/

Square wants the game to surpass Skyrim and FF7.

• Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.
• It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.
• The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII, Hiroyuki Ito.
• The co-director led a small part of the development team to make Tactics Ogre for the PSP in parallel with FFXV. He’s currently multi-tasking as lead UI designer of FFXIV 2.0 and co-director of FFXV.
• The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.
• The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin’s Creed.
• The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.
• Yoichi Wada (president of Square Enix) wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.
• Will release on all major current gen platforms.

Note when it means "all major current gen consoles" it means all HD consoles available.

Meesh

Did you guys see this?

http://thesilentchief.com/2012/07/1...opment-will-release-on-current-gen-platforms/

Note when it means "all major current gen consoles" it means all HD consoles available.
Lalli-whoa-ho-ho-ho-hoooooooooo I hope this lalli-lands and wiiu and not some spin off a la Chocobos dungeon or Crystal Barers. *shudders*
EDIT: Also the director was responsible for two of my favorite FFs, VI and IX...if they want to surpass VII I hope they bring us a sweeping epic tragedy...the good kind

Meelow

Banned
Nah man I'm just teasing

XXVII was a joke S-E made themselves, I stole it from them... I'd pull out the pic but I'm on a phone :p

Just looked it up, lol that's funny.

The sad part is now I'm hyped by the rumors for a game that can be fake :(.

Drago

Just looked it up, lol that's funny.

The sad part is now I'm hyped by the rumors for a game that can be fake :(.
I hope it's real. I've never played a mainline FF title, and the way people were hyping it up in the thread, it sounded like it could be a good candidate for my first one.

C'mon TGS... :p

Does anyone really see the wii u getting that much japanese report? in a survey a few months back japanese gamers disinterest in the wii u was on the same level as that of the vita's......thats......bad. How strong is the core nintendo fanbase over there anyway because im honestly worried that the wii u will get no japanese love :/

Meelow

Banned
I hope it's real. I've never played a mainline FF title, and the way people were hyping it up in the thread, it sounded like it could be a good candidate for my first one.

C'mon TGS... :p

I know, I want to play FFVII bad, and I have FFXIII, but everyone was hyping it so it better be real.

Also I'm guessing my topic was locked because of gamefaq post.

Does anyone really see the wii u getting that much japanese report? in a survey a few months back japanese gamers disinterest in the wii u was on the same level as that of the vita's......thats......bad. How strong is the core nintendo fanbase over there anyway because im honestly worried that the wii u will get no japanese love :/

That was before we knew about any games.

As for the 'core' audience, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Pokemon BW2, and Mario Tennis have all done quite well over here. Mario 3D Land is now the highest selling 3D Mario game in Japan ever. Fire Emblem is the second biggest seller for that series ever here. Pokemon has been on top of the charts since release and is selling better than a typical 3rd version would.

3DS has spent most of the year selling more than all the other consoles and handhelds combined on a weekly basis, 2.2~2.3 million this year and 6.5M in total.

Advertising for NSMB2 is huge.

The rest of the year has Animal Crossing, NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion 2, Oni Tore, and Paper Mario from first parties. All of them are relatively highly anticipated, for their respective series'.

Mario Party 9 is under performing, somewhat, but the Wii is basically dead and has still sold nearly 500,000 copies.

Wii Fit, Pikmin 3, NSMBU, Game & Wario, SiNG, and P-100 all have potential to do well here, too.

JordanN

Banned
There's alot of variables to consider. One, this is pre-launch. Consumers can be easily swayed in the same they can be turned off. Another is the console will [most likely] be on the market for 5 years meaning Nintendo (and developers) have alot of time to work with each other.

Another is, Nintendo has shown mostly western stuff. Which is appropriate for the audience they first demoed it to (e3).

Did you guys see this?

Dude, can anything be more obviously fake? I mean that list of features is a list of things some hardcore fans have been asking for, and is an exact counter to many of the things hardcore haters always bring up about FFXIII. And it doesn't even make sense with things Square has said - like how FFXIII taught them NOT to have huge teams with 200 people in them.

Motomu Toriyama said:
Within our company, developing on PlayStation for Final Fantasy XIII we required a huge amount of graphical data. At the peak, there were over 200 people working on it. With a large-scale development team, we didn't use our time well. How do you communicate to everyone in the department what the drive of the game is?

We are also thinking that we will not do large-scale internal development any longer. We have a lot of great creators in Square Enix, but for larger-scale development we will be doing more distributed and outsourced development to reach our targets on time.

Edit: Also, this is the official US trademark for Final Fantasy XV:

2012_07_19_00.jpg

Sheroking

Lalli-whoa-ho-ho-ho-hoooooooooo I hope this lalli-lands and wiiu and not some spin off a la Chocobos dungeon or Crystal Barers. *shudders*
EDIT: Also the director was responsible for two of my favorite FFs, VI and IX...if they want to surpass VII I hope they bring us a sweeping epic tragedy...the good kind

Ito might be directing it, but after Sakaguchi left, Square-Enix forgot what actually makes up a Final Fantasy game. Translate: I'll believe it when I see it.

Just give me Kingdom Hearts 3 and don't fuck it up.

Except that's also wrong and it's actually FFXIV 2.0's "trademark" and not XV at all. That long line is a stylized I.

See the bottom left corner:

4fceb552_Final-Fantasy-XIV-2.0-Battle-Screenshot-1.jpg

So maybe Square is rebranding FFXIV 2.0 as FFXV...because the US trademark office is calling that a trademark of Final Fantasy XV.

US Trademark registration

ImageAgentProxy

Word Mark FINAL FANTASY XV
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; video game software; sound recordings in the form of optical discs, magnetic discs and semiconductor ROMs all featuring music and fictional stories; audio visual recordings in the form of optical discs, magnetic discs and semiconductor ROMs all featuring music and animated fictional stories; prerecorded compact discs featuring music; prerecorded video discs featuring music and animated fictional stories; mouse pads; straps for cellular phones; video game controllers; downloadable musical sound recordings; downloadable ring tones for mobile phones; downloadable wallpaper graphics for mobile phones; downloadable electronic publications in the nature of magazines, journals and newsletters in the field of computer games and video games

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Providing on-line computer games; providing on-line video games; providing information on computer game strategies and video game strategies via computer networks and global communication networks; providing information on entertainment in the field of computer games, video games, card games, animated cartoons, comics, novels and magazines; providing on-line non-downloadable comics; providing on-line non-downloadable magazines, journals and newsletters in the field of computer games, video games, cartoons and general entertainment
Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code 26.17.01 - Bands, straight; Bars, straight; Lines, straight; Straight line(s), band(s) or bar(s)
26.17.04 - Bands, vertical; Bars, vertical; Lines, vertical; Vertical line(s), band(s) or bar(s)
Serial Number 85660581
Filing Date June 25, 2012
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Kabushiki Kaisha Square Enix Holdings (also trading as Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.) CORPORATION JAPAN 3-22-7 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku Tokyo JAPAN
Attorney of Record Mark I. Peroff

Sheroking

The last Final Fantasy game Sakaguchi directed was Final Fantasy V...

That's a bit like saying Miyamoto hasn't directed a Zelda game since whenever.

He was involved in every Final Fantasy game (whether by writing, design or producing) until X-2... which was the last Final Fantasy game that actually resembled Final Fantasy.

That's a bit like saying Miyamoto hasn't directed a Zelda game since whenever.

He was involved in every Final Fantasy game (whether by writing, design or producing) until X-2... which was the last Final Fantasy game that actually resembled Final Fantasy.

The last FF game he produced was FFIX, which he says is his favorite in the series. After that he didn't write, design, or produce the games, he was president of Square USA. Heck, he resigned from Square altogether before X-2 even started development.

Meesh

Speaking of Japanese support, Capcoms been pretty tight lipped about wiiu. All kinds of 3ds support for sure, really digging what's going on with mh4, but I haven't heard anything regards a home console release...this seems a little odd to me seeing as wiius launch is right around the corner. I mean you'd think there would be something, anything from their major franchises. :(

Speaking of Japanese support, Capcoms been pretty tight lipped about wiiu. All kinds of 3ds support for sure, really digging what's going on with mh4, but I haven't heard anything regards a home console release...this seems a little odd to me seeing as wiius launch is right around the corner. I mean you'd think there would be something, anything from their major franchises. :(

I wouldn't worry about capcom support. Alot of capcom devs had come out and openly praised the wii u and one rep even said they had unannounced games for nintendo platforms in the works. The thing is though, looking at capcom's recent releases, do they really still count as japanese support? I mean games like dead rising and resident evil are great but they don't have that "Made in Japan" unique feel to them. Plus they have been outsourcing to western devs alot lately. And it sucks because i'd love to see a Gotcha force and a non shitty P.N.03 sequel

Meesh

I wouldn't worry about capcom support. Alot of capcom devs had come out and openly praised the wii u and one rep even said they had unannounced games for nintendo platforms in the works. The thing is though, looking at capcom's recent releases, do they really still count as japanese support? I mean games like dead rising and resident evil are great but they don't have that "Made in Japan" unique feel to them. Plus they have been outsourcing to western devs alot lately. And it sucks because i'd love to see a Gotcha force and a non shitty P.N.03 sequel
Good point, but really outside of mhtri on wii they gave really poor support. Games like Darkside/Umbrella Chronicles were a sort of a nice distraction in a slap in the face kinda way, and I dug RE4... Didn't play Dead Rising but hey that was a port too...I guess I'm looking for that title, the game that says hey we're gonna make an effort this time and not throw you guys under the on rails light gun short bus. A PN03 sequel would be a helluva sucker punch way to do it, toss in a little Dark Stalkers for good measure and I'd be in like Flynn.(still want mh4 wiiu tho)I dunno, outside of SquareEnix and Grasshopper, Capcoms about the only other house I'm wanting something from...

Only thing I've seen is this:

EA's Fight Night team will make the new UFC game
By Robert Purchese Published 19 July, 2012
Khan think of a better choice.

It will be the top notch Fight Night team that builds the new UFC game, EA has announced.
That team's housed up at EA Sports HQ in Canada. It was EA Tiburon that made EA Sports MMA - the big contender to THQ's best-selling UFC series.
Not that there's any need to compete - not now EA has signed the official UFC licence.
The EA Sports UFC team will be led by general manager Dean Richards and creative director Brian Hayes - no relation to David.
Hayes led gameplay design on Fight Night Round 4 and Fight Night Champion, and is a very nice chap.
No date nor details about the new UFC game were shared.

THQ's UFC Undisputed 3.
"When we found out that EA and the UFC would be working together, the team was excited. Most of the team didn't even know about it until the announcement at E3. We were all watching it together and when Andrew Wilson and Dana White took the stage, everybody starting cheering. It was great," Hayes commented.
"For me personally, the UFC is something that I grew up with. I remember watching the first UFC events when I was a teenager and it's amazing to see how they have evolved and flourished. Ultimately, we're huge fans, we think we have a great team and we are really excited to be taking on this new challenge. We look forward to bringing the UFC video game experience to new heights."
Fight Night's got a great track record. It launched with Fight Night 2004 on last-gen machines, where it debuted the Total Punch Control mechanic that uses the right thumbstick to aim and throw punches. But it wasn't until Fight Night Round 3 arrived at the start of this generation, in March 2006 (a year before PS3 launched here), that the series really got going.
Fight Night Round 4 and Fight Night Champion then built on the lavish visuals and bone-crunching brutality by adding deep multiplayer integration and even a story mode.
If development has only just begun on the new UFC game, is there a chance it will grace one or more of the next-generation consoles as well as the current flock of machines?

~Eurogamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom