• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U eShop deal (Add $50 get $5 back, Add $100 get $10 back in credit)

Just got this email from Nintendo

Deal is from now until July 28th

http://club2.nintendo.com/rebate/?om_rid=AAJbTT&om_mid=_BR7atmB80CXFJs&eid=EM10115#.Ue2somTErs8

Step 1:
Access the Nintendo eShop from your Wii U console.

Step 2:
Add funds to your Nintendo eShop account using a credit card or Nintendo pre-paid card by July 28, 2013.*
  • Add $50-$99.99 to receive a promotional code for $5
  • Add $100 or more to receive a promotional code for $10
Step 3:
You'll get an email with your Nintendo eShop promotional code on August 2 - just in time for the Pikmin 3 release on August 4!
(Be sure your Nintendo Network Account email address is correct by viewing User Settings on your Wii U system.)

Just got this email from Nintendo

Deal is from now until July 28th

http://club2.nintendo.com/rebate/?om_rid=AAJbTT&om_mid=_BR7atmB80CXFJs&eid=EM10115#.Ue2somTErs8

Step 1:
Access the Nintendo eShop from your Wii U console.

Step 2:
Add funds to your Nintendo eShop account using a credit card or Nintendo pre-paid card by July 28, 2013.*
  • Add $50-$99.99 to receive a promotional code for $5
  • Add $100 or more to receive a promotional code for $10

Step 3:
You'll get an email with your Nintendo eShop promotional code on August 2 - just in time for the Pikmin 3 release on August 4!
(Be sure your Nintendo Network Account email address is correct by viewing User Settings on your Wii U system.)

Isn't this basically the Digital Deluxe promotion? It's good to hear that they are advertising it more and hopefully making it available to non-deluxe buyers.

zroid

Banned
sounds like this is from adding funds to wallet, whereas DDP is from buying stuff

in other words, it stacks with the DDP

hmm I just added $30 with my Fire Emblem/SMT code, I wonder if that counts?

Interesting if it stacks on top of the digital deluxe bundle offer as well. I'd add the funds for sure if NOA announces the 30% W101 offer with a Pikmin 3 digital purchase, but that's not looking too promising..

javac

Wait... so... do you get the amount for BOTH adding the funds AND buying the game?

By the looks of it, yup. This is just for adding funds. The digital promotion is for buying games with or without adding funds beforehand

zroid

Banned
Ah fuck, it says the funds must be added from the 22nd to the 28th. Wish I hadn't used the FE/SMT code already! DANG

How quick do you get the $30 credit for fire emblem/smt iv? Does any one know if that credit counts?

You get the code within an hour of registering your second of the two games on CN. It *should* work because the details say add funds with CC or prepaid card, and the code is essentially a prepaid card. I'm SOL though, already used my code on Thursday :p

Hmm...wonder if you have to add it all at once? I just put in $35 this weekend. Would probably pick up a $20 card if I knew it would give me the credit.

tim.mbp

Hmm...wonder if you have to add it all at once? I just put in $35 this weekend. Would probably pick up a $20 card if I knew it would give me the credit.

I doubt it cause I don't think there's $100 eShop cards. You'd need at lease two separate codes to reach that $100.

jmls1121

Banned
I love Nintendo taking a page out of the Steam playbook with all these deals, but added with the randomness that comes with Nintendo.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
You don't even have to spend it? Cool! There's no harm in adding $50 to my account if it doesn't expire, I'm sure I'll easily spend it during the console's lifetime even if I mainly buy retail games. There's Ducktales coming soon, I need to grab New Super Luigi U, etc.

cacildo

So if i add $50

Ill get $55

And then when i spend this 50$, DDP will give me another $5 card.

Is that how it works?

therapist

Add 100$ , use the 10$ extra, call your bank and chargeback the 100$?
Win?

Lol seriously i guess its better than nothing but theres not much on there , certainly not enough to justfiy adding 100$ in funds for a measly 10 bucks of credit.

Smh

Portman

Very tempting. I was planning to get my Wii U games digitally too.

Now I'm just curious if pre-ordering Pikmin 3 from GameStop will qualify for the DDP and be able to get it a day early or if I just need to buy some eShop cards. Does anyone know this? I e-mailed NOA on Friday asking (since their site just says participating retailers) and have yet to hear back.

Captain N

Very tempting. I was planning to get my Wii U games digitally too.

Now I'm just curious if pre-ordering Pikmin 3 from GameStop will qualify for the DDP and be able to get it a day early or if I just need to buy some eShop cards. Does anyone know this? I e-mailed NOA on Friday asking (since their site just says participating retailers) and have yet to hear back.

Digital review codes work towards ddp so I imagine that will too.

Penguin

Add 100$ , use the 10$ extra, call your bank and chargeback the 100$?
Win?

Lol seriously i guess its better than nothing but theres not much on there , certainly not enough to justfiy adding 100$ in funds for a measly 10 bucks of credit.

Smh

You don't need to use it right away.. ton of great titles coming this year, both full retail and digital exclusive.

baphomet

Not a bad deal, except that everything is tied to the hardware, and I came across buy 1 get 1 free at $20.00 on all 2 retail games I still wanted a few weeks back.

Top Bottom