• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Pro Pad is now Windows & Mac compatible

Spazznid

Is that updated version able to make it a 360 controller to windows? The readme seems to say it only does mouse and keyboard functions...

vivftp

Couldn't help myself :)

original.jpg

PetrCobra

My PC + program to stream PC and Dolphin to my gamepad + Xenoblade = -60 hours of my life.

Be glad you're not like me. Then it would be 130 hours (my first playthrough).

Anyway.

DS has the worst stick placement, so it definitely isn't the "king". I played Tekken with the Pro controller and it was great, no need to have the d-pad in primary position -> Pro controller wins

Eusis

Why would I want my hands to default to the D-Pad? Lame.
For me: because it's a hell of a lot easier to deal with the analog stick in the "secondary" position than the D-Pad, though that may just be the GC's being too far in and the 360's being absolute shit, the 3DS having form factor issues due to the nature of being a handheld, and the Wii U controllers work well there partially because the buttons are kept at the same level as the D-Pad.

Though there's also the angle of being able to use my index finger with the D-Pad, whereas you put the D-pad above it and it's effectively off limits unless you want to use the index finger on the stick rather than the thumb and that tends to not work as well. But ideally you wouldn't want to do that for prolonged periods, people do it with Monster Hunter but I'd rather just do it with quick item selecting or whatever.

I've been trying to get this to work and at first it was at least synching but some of the controlls weren't working right. Now it wont synch :/ Idk what ti do

And possibly a non-shitty DPad. But yes, Nintendo uses inverted A/B and X/Y from what's standard for PC/360.

I'm pretty sure the SNES predates your so called standard, if anything Nintendo is just being consistent with themselves.
SNES_Controller_by_The_Penciler.png

Edit:Damnit, Anilusion beat me to it by a mile.

All the arguing about stick and button placement isnt going to go anywhere.

What should be important is that now you PC gamers have 3 options so you can be happy by simply choosing the one that is right for you. Who cares about what the other guy likes.

bomblord

Banned
I prefer the wiiU stick placement because I can rock my thumb back and forth to hit the top face buttons without ever removing it from the stick while the 360 requires me to fully remove my finger to hit most of the buttons.

TheFrza

Honestly, this is my favorite controller to use right now.

I love that when I push up on the D-Pad, it actually registers as up every time...such an interesting concept there.

I am actually gravitating more towards compatible games just for the controller. I would have not thought that, for sure.

I recommend this to anyone willing to give it a try, wholeheartedly

edit: I'm playing Max Payne 3, Dishonored and Alice currently, so 1st or 3rd person doesn't matter...

Blearth

Banned
Nothing will ever beat the wired 360 pad as the ultimate PC controller.

Correct button prompts in every game with zero setup required.

And no batteries!

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Great! In my opinion it's better than the 360 pad

Haunted

It unfortunately makes the claw grip impossible though

Clawone.jpg
xFPNL.gif

I'm pretty sure the SNES predates your so called standard, if anything Nintendo is just being consistent with themselves.
You call it being consistent with themselves, I call it being in their own bubble and not paying attention to what has become the de facto standard button placement, making it harder for people to adapt.

doraemoe

Seems it's just a key mapping so analog stick still dosen't work? I wish I can have a full functional Wii U pro controller on PC, 360's shitty D-Pad and inversed ABXY layout really makes me sick.

You call it being consistent with themselves, I call it being in their own bubble and not paying attention to what has become the de facto standard button placement, making it harder for people to adapt.
What do you mean? The only one that use that button placement is Microsoft. How is that a standard?

I didn't know this had already been done, and there's a deal on the controller!

Might pick one up today. I've been wanting a controller for my PC, so it only makes sense to get one of these rather than a 360 controller since I don't own a 360 anymore.

Unai

I have been playing Mortal Kombat with the Wii U controller emulating a xbox 360 one. The X button on the 360 is mapped to the X button on this controller, and the same with all the other buttons. So, I inverted some buttons so the prompts would be diferrent but the physical layout would be the same as in the 360 controller and it couldn't be more awsome.

atbigelow

As a note: I used the MayFlash Classic Controller USB adapter and it seemed to work pretty well. It was interesting because it had two controller ports per adapter.

Hex

Banned
Sorry, I hate having to have stupid rigged up drivers for controllers.
I will stick with a perfect working 360 controller which is picked up by pretty much everything by default with no issues.
I went through horse shit to get my DS3 working and it was great, but all and all just not worth it.

Top Bottom