• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

guek

Banned
lol he stikes me as this guy that I can't stand because he is so goddamn corporate in the way he speaks sometimes, and he clearly doesn't know whats happening in japan most of the time with nintendo, and he seems oblivious sometimes

BUT

I'm enchanted by his aura

Reggie is best when he has good things to talk about, plain and simple. It's just that he's been forced to feed us BS on several occasions and people don't like it.

BlueSteel

man, we're closing in on 400 posts already...crazy

This in a little more than 2 hours. At this current rate, if my rudimentary calculations are correct, we'll have a new thread in a little less than a week.

... You monsters D:

(Also, my first post in these Wii U threads!)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Pachter at it again, he thinks Nintendo is going to Dreamcast itself: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nintendo-dreamcasts-pach-attack/727762

If in fact it's a lot like an Xbox 360 in terms of graphics, frame rate, you know, kind of, eh, control scheme, then it's probably not gonna sell well unless it's priced a lot cheaper, and I don't think they're launching a console $150. So yeah, I think they are about to Dreamcast themselves. I don't think the Wii U is gonna be as popular as probably Nintendo thinks it's gonna be. Question is what Nintendo do next.

lol he stikes me as this guy that I can't stand because he is so goddamn corporate in the way he speaks sometimes, and he clearly doesn't know whats happening in japan most of the time with nintendo, and he seems oblivious sometimes

He's absolutely awful at giving presentations, but I like when he's speaking off script. I can't say that I don't like his bad acting, though. I love Reggie.

Reggie is best when he has good things to talk about, plain and simple. It's just that he's been forced to feed us BS on several occasions and people don't like it.
and he runs NoA and they have been mad stingy lately on the localizations. Took a while for em to buckle and even then...never forget

HylianTom

Banned

Yeah.. I've long-concluded that he's kept on a pretty tight leash. Not a fun position to be in, I'd guess.

AzaK

Holy crap. I leave for work, get in and within that time thread 2 has closed and thread 3 is up with 5 pages already.

I then skim over those 5 pages and it's at 8 by the time I'm finished! Insanity!

ALL ABOAAAAAARD

Blir5.gif
Oh god, thanks for that Nibel! Hilarious!

I dono WTF you're trying to spell there but I'm gonna guess you meant lherre
Haha!

guek

Banned
This in a little more than 2 hours. At this current rate, if my rudimentary calculations are correct, we'll have a new thread in a little less than a week.

... You monsters D:

(Also, my first post in these Wii U threads!)

[/wiiuhypetrain.jpg]

Whoa, I didn't realize that nintendoenthusiast article was an interview with an anonymous insider source. The link wasn't working for me earlier. That's one hell of a big claim to make versus simply reporting via an anonymous tipster or leak. What I mean is it's a much more complicated lie. Crazy if true...

The bigwigs at Nintendo.. you guys ever think they see these Photoshops? I'd love to get reactions..
Reggie has to have seen a few photoshops, not sure about them japanese cats. That always made me wonder, is this a western thing or to japanese fans also create crazy shops?

Djamb3

Don't forget in 12 days we might see the first wii u ingame screens

"...you’ll want to check out issue 74 of Nintendo Gamer magazine, which has an exclusive first-look at Assassin’s Creed III Wii U. We’re the only Nintendo magazine in the world to see the game, so you won’t be able to read about it anywhere else. The magazine is on sale 23 March but we’ll have a reminder nearer the time so don’t worry about whipping out your diary to mark that date."

guek

Banned
The bigwigs at Nintendo.. you guys ever think they see these Photoshops? I'd love to get reactions..

I'm certain NoA at least has people lurk neogaf. I bet reggie gets forwarded a lot of these :p

I think part of the reason he was promoted so quickly was because of the immense initial positive reception on the internet.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
They have fax numbers, just forward to Reggie or Iwata:

Nintendo Company, Ltd.: 011 81 75 662-9620
Nintendo of America Inc.: 425-882-3585

HylianTom

Banned
Don't forget in 12 days we might see the first wii u ingame screens

Yeah.. but I suspect that Ubi is making that game with the HD twins as the main target, so how indicative those screens would be is highly questionable..

Still, it'll be something.. especially if any more of the Eagle Eye game mechanic is explained.

guek

Banned
Wasn´t Aliens Colonial Marines Wii U footage in Epics latest video?

really no way to know whether that was actually running on wii u or not. and honestly, from all the footage I've seen of colonial marines, it doesn't really come across as a graphical powerhouse anyway.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You know they're lazy when they re-use the Raving Rabbits design to create killer freaks.

I like the idea, but it's ubisoft, so it might be just plain laziness.

Wolfie5

Well, Ubisoft does have great games too. And like I said, it has potential. It might be great, it might be crap. Time will tell.

Nibel

I don't see the appeal in Killer Freaks at all since it's from Ubisoft, to be honest. Sounds stupid, but this is how I ride.

How the hell are we at 5 pages already!

I brought it up in the last thread but I can't imagine what would take up such a substantial amount of the ram. What OS level functions that are that resource intensive would be required to be running in the background?

I would imagine it's just as big as it is, because it's not optimized yet. The OS and how much ram it ends up taking up, and those kind of things will probably be the last things finalized for the system.

HylianTom

Banned
But it's ubisoft, so it's kind of a coin toss really

Perfect way of putting it. Between Red Steel memories, bigger third-party games releasing in that time frame, and a Pikmin and/or Mario game, I can see this one not doing too well in sales.

I like how Killer freaks is going to take place in London - one of my favourite cities that I would like being put into a videogame - but I'm not getting my expectations too high.

Killer Freaks will have a much longer dev time than Red Steel, though.
Over 2 years, in fact.
So it should be a lot better quality.

wsippel

Banned
You know they're lazy when they re-use the Raving Rabbits design to create killer freaks.

I like the idea, but it's ubisoft, so it might be just plain laziness.
Large parts of the Killer Freaks team worked on the Rabbids games and got sick of the characters, so they wanted to put them in as placeholders just to blow them up. But that was for the techdemo, there probably won't be any rabbids in the final game.

Top Bottom