• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

nooooo Vectorman, you missed the most important part - the rebranding GAF needs!

D4qOV.png

also, day 1 for the WU, hope its $300 with nintendoland packed in, we'll see though. im down for NSMBW, Pikmin 3 and prolly P100.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I have a feeling that they may try to hype something.

I think we will see something from the Japanese event. Just a guess. Japan usually moves on a much quicker schedule- i.e, stuff like Fire Emblem was actually in the launch window in Japan for the Wii.

Mr. F

Banned
September 13th is way too far. Really hoping they touch on everything in detail, NFC technology in particular has me intrigued.

Also hoping Nintendo is a bit more daring with the art styles in their first-party games next gen, now that they have better technology to work with. I want WindWaker-esque levels of unique styling all over again.

geninfo.png

Dear Nintendo designers,

This is not how you design the front face of a console. Please refer to document(s) 2.3.11.

- 2.3.11 Design: ENCOURAGE SYMMETRY

RAWi

True. We thought we would get the first legit Sword/Light Sabre games and revolutionize shooters (some would still argue it did but not to the mainstream) and we didn't really get that. It just seems too perfect. Someone on the previous Wii U thread was talking about a game in which you controlled your units on the gamepad screen while a full scale battle was occurring on screen. This stuff NEEDS to happen on Wii U. But, I suppose history indicates it will not.

The closest we got were Wii Sports Resort - Sword Fighting, Red Steel 2 and TLOZ: Skyward Sword

And, damn. Sword Fighting on Wii Sports Resort was awesome! The game of 1 vs. 1 was incredible, I wished more of that was used for multiplayer games. But, well, not everyone wanted to make use of the tech in that way. And Star Wars fans ended up with sad face. They could simply replace the Swords of Wii Sports Resort for Light Sabers D:!

I hope this time, developers do take advantage of the capabilities that Wii U Game Pad has.

I think we will see something from the Japanese event. Just a guess. Japan usually moves on a much quicker schedule- i.e, stuff like Fire Emblem was actually in the launch window in Japan for the Wii.

I'd say something like a Pokemon Stadium-type game, or something may be the best bet.

http://www.1up.com/news/wii-games-wont-look-nicer-wii-u

What your going to get, is HD collections to make bank like Sony did. Get ready for the Super Mario Galaxy HD collection featuring Galaxy 1 and 2 upscaled to 720p and added AA. And of course, the Zelda HD collection with Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and (hopefully) Wind Waker.
It'd be nicer if they went the whole nine yards with 1080p instead. That resolution should be a piece of cake for Wii and Gamecub collections.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a general estimate of what the Wii U is going to cost? Trying to decide whether I want to get a Wii on the cheap or just wait for the Wii U.

Also are we expecting Resident Evil 6 to be ported to the Wii U, or is that just the fevered dream of a madman?

Tmdean

Banned
geninfo.png

Dear Nintendo designers,

This is not how you design the front face of a console. Please refer to document(s) 2.3.11.

- 2.3.11 Design: ENCOURAGE SYMMETRY

I don't think symmetry is the issue here. Non symmetrical is fine as long as it's balanced. The reason the console looks odd is that the Wii U logo on the right is too simple to offset the visually busy power button and light on the left. If the blank space between sync and power was removed it'd look a bit better.

Is there a general estimate of what the Wii U is going to cost? Trying to decide whether I want to get a Wii on the cheap or just wait for the Wii U.

Also are we expecting Resident Evil 6 to be ported to the Wii U, or is that just the fevered dream of a madman?
Realistically, I believe it will be $299 or $349. However, some people believe that it needs to be $199 or $250 to be successful.

And I wouldn't expect Resident Evil 6.

JordanN

Banned

Well Resident Evil has been on Nintendo systems before and Capcom has a habit of porting their games to as many systems possible so it's not exactly a "fevered dream".

At worst, expect it to come after the PS3/360 versions.

flippedb

Banned
Seeing how Nintendo seems to be in bed with Capcom lately, I wouldn't be surprised if RE6 came out on Wii U. Maybe even a special version, ala Gold.

Realistically, I believe it will be $299 or $349. However, some people believe that it needs to be $199 or $250 to be successful.

And I wouldn't expect Resident Evil 6.

While I've seen people mention $199 I just don't see that being realistic. The Wii is still selling for $149.

Edit: That would also mean the Wii U launches for less than the Wii did originally. I just can't see that happening.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
While I've seen people mention $199 I just don't see that being realistic. The Wii is still selling for $149.

Edit: That would also mean the Wii U launches for less than the Wii did originally. I just can't see that happening.

Yep. Also, their new handheld - the 3DS XL - is $199. Can't see them selling their main console for the same price.

I don't think symmetry is the issue here. Non symmetrical is fine as long as it's balanced. The reason the console looks odd is that the Wii U logo on the right is too simple to offset the visually busy power button and light on the left. If the blank space between sync and power was removed it'd look a bit better.

The original Wii beats it by a landslide. Simple and elegant.

Adam J.

Seriously considering getting a part time side job just so I can get a Wii U and all the games/accessories I want. It'd be like me in highschool saving up for a Dreamcast all over again..

Haliela

I am hoping the tablet can emulate a ccpro or wiimote. Would be nice to have one controller for most of my Wii games rather than switching between 2-3 devices. Any word on that yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom