• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U VC games teased by Nintendo UK trailer

Celine

And I STILL have no clue what's the difference between SFII Turbo and Super SFII.
ssfii_US_New_Challengers.jpg

Doran902

I would love lttp, i still have my copy of super metroid on snes but will probly rebuy it.

My wish though, is gamecube games with pro controller support.

Brofield

black-and-white-drip-gif-water-Favim.com-367748.gif

Sigh, just get a decent emulator working and dump your backlog Nintendo. This drip drip shit is unbelievable.

Seriously. I mean, perhaps for N64, and some SNES games would require individual emulators, but NES games? Chrissake, you can dump 90% of the ROMs and negotiate the remainder out of 3rd parties and licensing agreements.

I'd rather take Tengen's Pac-Man over Namco Bandai's though. But yeah, Dear Nintendo, please open the floodgates.

Oh btw, is there a place on Miiverse to complaing about the slow drip?

I say we all band together on one of the VC game pages. Super Mario World might be best if it has the most traffic, but if we don't hit with enough force then it'll prolly get drowned out by those who are too damn happy playing the game for the first time.

Nairume

Banned
And I STILL have no clue what's the difference between SFII Turbo and Super SFII.

Turbo is the home version of Hyper Fighting, which speed the game up and added a couple new movies for preexisting characters, and also included the stuff from Championship Edition which allowed you to select the same characters and play as the boss characters. Were SF2 being released today, Turbo/Hyper Fighting would probably just be a patch.

Super SFII is an updated version of the game that (as far as arcades went) was based on more powerful hardware and added several new characters and features and upgraded some of the visuals. It's the equivalent of...well...Capcom releasing a Super/Ultimate version of their fighters now.

JaseMath

It really is. It doesn't make up for it's shitty eShop. These games are available on countless platforms, but it's ok, PAY FOR THESE GAMES AGAIN!
So long as gamers keep purchasing, Nintendo will keep nickel and diming their customers. I'm going to speak with my wallet and won't be purchasing any rehashed VC offerings.

Glass Joe

I want to buy a Megaman game on the 3DS VC but I've only played the MX 1, yay or nay?

I'm not sure what MX 1 means, unless it's Mega Man X. I'd go with Mega Man II, or Mega Man III. Each can be seen as the peak of the series.

BassForever said:
I can see having both SF2T and SSF2 if we're only going with SNES releases. Some people may prefer having the added characters of SSF2 and some may prefer the speed of SF2T

The SNES version of Super had adjustable speed settings though, if I'm not mistaken. So unless they release all 3 at once or start with Super, they're simply milking again.

Somnid

My point is why do that when Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix exists?

They can do that too, but there's no downside to having all of them. To build a more complete library, to allow Wii users to upgrade and offer nostalgic versions they should have everything, including ports.

Nairume

Banned
The same 3 were on Wii VC (plus more). For completion sake they better have every version. Also it's great they're getting them all out early.

Especially since they can probably also toss up the online enabled Genesis version of SSF2 at some point and make more money on that.

If they're great sellers, let's see Super Street Fighter II HD Remix then in the eShop too. For nostalgia enthusiasts, I suppose the SNES ones are fine, as well as those who bought them the first time around and want to upgrade for $1.50.

I'd love to see all the 360/PS3 Capcom fighting games on Wii U, but it doesn't sound like any old ports are in Capcom's Wii U plans. Maybe there is hope for SFIV ver. 2013, though.

Somnid

Yeah the SNES one, thanks.

So Megaman 1 is skippable?

They play differently but the concept is the same. The whole series is must play, but if you have to abridge it then I'd at least get 2 and 3. 1 is probably the "worst" but that's a relative term.

Nintendo fails miserably. Repeating the same old stuff of selling home ports of stuff like Pac-Man. How they don't have an 'Arcade' VC at launch is beyond me.

Wii U VC should have launched with everything (licensing permitting) that is on Wii VC and then start building from there, there is SO much that isn't on Wii VC even.

And if they don't do Gamecube games they are morons. The hardware supports executing the code, no emulator is needed.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
They can do that too, but there's no downside to having all of them. To build a more complete library, to allow Wii users to upgrade and offer nostalgic versions they should have everything, including ports.

i'm not sure anyone would build a complete library on a nintendo console. not only are they restricted to the most inconvenient room in the house with no central heating or AC, they're also designed in such a way that should they catch fire or you want to move house there's very little chance of you ever getting your books back.

Real SF fans would buy all of them. I already bought all of them on Wii. I know I like to go back and play each of them. They all play very differently. Maybe they're all the same game to casual Street Fighter players, but not to people like me.

They need to confirm GBA,64, GC etc games soon. Everyone must be sick of NES and SNES games by now..

At this point I care more about GBA titles than N64. I think people overrate the console, or I'm just not as fond of many of the titles. There are only about 10-11 worth owning anyways. The only titles that are significant absences are Diddy's Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie, and Donkey Kong 64; and we know why those titles aren't available (well, not DK64).

Semajer

I'm probably going to end up buying less than 5 games at this rate. I'm sure as hell not going to rebuy any VC games, so I'm looking forward to games new to VC like DK64, and... maybe they'll release some more non-PAL games I've never had the chance to play.

And if they don't do Gamecube games they are morons. The hardware supports executing the code, no emulator is needed.

There would have to be a lot of work done to get GC games working properly on Wii U. Work they didn't do for Wii games. GC games don't support Wii or Wii U controllers, save states, or off-TV play. Stuff people would cry foul over if they didn't have. You think they're going to bother with all that so they can sell you $15 GC games? People would cry about that price too, because obviously, they should be 99 cents.

MrKayle

hmm well lets see

SF2, SF2T, SSF2 all came out for SNES, a Nintendo system, and will cost basically no money to get running on the WiiU VC

SSF2T HDR came out for XBOX360 and PS3, never appeared before on a Nintendo platform, and would have to be ported over at a significant expense

does it start to make more sense now?

Hiltz

I don't want GameCube games coming to the VC is if just means it will further slow down the release schedule. It's probably going to be bad enough as it is. Besides, Nintendo released less than 30 N64 titles on Wii's VC,albeit mostly the ones we wanted.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Link To The Past is good, but surely it makes more sense on the 3DS, where the sequel will be?

There would have to be a lot of work done to get GC games working properly on Wii U. Work they didn't do for Wii games. GC games don't support Wii or Wii U controllers, save states, or off-TV play. Stuff people would cry foul over if they didn't have. You think they're going to bother with all that so they can sell you $15 GC games? People would cry about that price too, because obviously, they should be 99 cents.

Not if Nintendo focuses on their own titles. Heck, they don't even have to bother with Wind Waker or Pikmin 2 right now since both were recently updated. I'd throw the Prime games in there too, but the Trilogy was a limited print.

1. 1080 Avalanche
  2. Animal Crossing (not sure if it will happen because
    of the hidden NES games
    )
  3. Chibi Robo!
  4. Custom Robo Arena
  5. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
  6. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
  7. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  8. F-Zero GX
  9. Kirby Air Ride
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
  11. Luigi's Mansion
  12. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
  13. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
  14. Mario Party 6
  15. Mario Power Tennis
  16. Mario Superstar Baseball
  17. Metroid Prime
  18. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  19. Pikmin
  20. Star Fox Assault
  21. Super Mario Sunshine
  22. Super Mario Strikers
  23. Super Smash Bros. Melee
  24. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$
  25. Wario World
  26. Wave Race: Blue Storm

Maybe they should just pick a couple and update them. I vote Four Swords Adventure.

Joqu

A Link to the Past didn't have any localization work in PAL land, right? I don't want another 50Hz version for that. :L

Not if Nintendo focuses on their own titles. Heck, they don't even have to bother with Wind Waker or Pikmin 2 right now since both were recently updated. I'd throw the Prime games in there too, but the Trilogy was a limited print.

Not what? I don't even know what you're talking about. They would have to write new GameCube firmware or port the games to Wii U to get them to run natively on Wii U with new features, like off-TV play.

jmizzal

I don't want GameCube games coming to the VC is if just means it will further slow down the release schedule. It's probably going to be bad enough as it is. Besides, Nintendo released less than 30 N64 titles on Wii's VC,albeit mostly the ones we wanted.

I thought they released few N64 games due to Wii space, but I hope they have more games that didnt come to the Wii VC like Earthbound.

Jucksalbe

Banned
A Link to the Past didn't have any localization work in PAL land, right? I don't want another 50Hz version for that. :L

It was fully translated, at least in German, probably a few other languages as well. Chances are high it'll be the PAL version.

Top Bottom