• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Won

Decided to give it a shot again before it goes F2P with a new character.

It definitely has improved quite a bit. I really like the quest tracker and its toggles. Was very much needed with all the different kind of quests/challenges. Especially like the "players around you" bit.

Skipping the first area is also nice, so is the ability to use mounts from level 3.

New custome system is luckily account wide (or at least realm wide). Dyes aren't though from what I can tell. No idea on the mount and pet stuff yet.

Too bad it's of course still a dry as fuck theme park at the core. Still, I hope F2P can revive the game and Carbine (or what is left of them) can roll out some good content for it. I think it deserves a bit more success. The world and lore is just too much fun to go to waste like this.

Finally got to level 50 two days ago. Found a guide to help me out in getting started with end-game content. I was told in chat to do Veteran Shiphands first so I've been trying to do as much as I can due to group finder queue times. I managed to max out my Elder Gem weekly count pretty damn quick too.

Sölf

Finally got to level 50 two days ago. Found a guide to help me out in getting started with end-game content. I was told in chat to do Veteran Shiphands first so I've been trying to do as much as I can due to group finder queue times. I managed to max out my Elder Gem weekly count pretty damn quick too.

Gear progression is currently something like

Solo content (level 50 zones and dailies) -> Veteran Shiphands -> Veteran Adventures (Bay of Betrayal being the hardest) -> Veteran Dungeons (Ultimate Protogames being the hardest) -> Raids

The problem are the queue times, especially for adventures. It seems no one really does them anymore except for getting them done once for the attunement, which is a real shame. I really hope F2P fixes this, as they are for one not as hard as dungeons and also have more replayabality, imo.

The forums say you shouldn't enter a dungeon unless you have something like ~2600 Assault/Support power. That might be true for random groups, but if you go in premade you don't need that much. The only battle that actually really needs a certain amount is Stormtalon, because he has a soft enrage (stacking buff). Back before I left I finished Stormtalon silver with my group and I didn't even really bother with the rune system back then (because I knew most of my gear would be replaced with dungeon gear anyway) and after runing everything now I only have 2345 Assault Power. We still managed to kill him, but that was after several days of training and having teamspeak. Gear in Wildstar can really help you, but I doubt 2600 AP or SP is really necessary to beat the dungeons.

Stormtalon is a DPS check, essentially. After the third Eye of the Storm it casts Static Charge super fast. You do need a jump over the other two bosses in there, which can be frustrating.

Raids are so good. Hope there is much more PVE to come (for me anyway!)

Solo Shiphands if queues suck. Also, grab the Weekly EG quest.

Just started playing the game, played during beta but lost interest.

In any case currently PvE and I have a couple of questions

1. Is crafting viable for making gear w/o requiring to raid?
2. What trade skill currently pair well with Tailoring?

Survivalist, maybe. I think cloth drops normally for all, but you might need some leather. Maybe.

Crafted stuff used to be God tier. It is not so powerful now. But probably fine if you won't be raiding. If you do raid, Technologist would be a good pick.

Firehead

Just received an email with an invite to the F2P closed beta. Woop.

Will someone be making a separate thread for the F2P version?

Hupsel

I signed up for the free to play beta but nothing yet

Id appreciate if anyone has a spare trial code :)
DsrA6Kc.gif

docbon

Got a key today for the closed beta test. I'm not sure if it was a random distribution, or if I got it for subscribing when it first came out.

Sölf

I'll probably make a new thread just for the sake of updating the OT information as Ein is banned. Any OT name suggestions?

Wildstar OT | It's F2P, so kick some a**, cupcake
Wildstar OT | F2P? More like M4P - Money for Protostar!
Wildstar OT | Back with a Big Bang
Wildstar OT | Aurin Simulator 2015
Wildstar OT | The best housing simulator since The Sims

I am not really happy with any of them, but I can't come up with something really good at the moment. D:

Wildstar |OT| We're F2P now. Sorry about that whole "cupcake" thing!

I restarted my sub right before the f2p announcement, but really haven't been playing. Got a few friends who will check it out when it goes f2p, but the MMO market is so over-saturated now.

I'll probably make a new thread just for the sake of updating the OT information as Ein is banned. Any OT name suggestions?

I just signed up for it - gonna make an entirely new OT with new art, information, etc. I got some free time so I'll be putting some elbow grease into it.

I'll use whatever OT title you guys want. Can't wait for the 29th :)

I just signed up for it - gonna make an entirely new OT with new art, information, etc. I got some free time so I'll be putting some elbow grease into it.

I'll use whatever OT title you guys want. Can't wait for the 29th :)

Okay cool. I was just going to reuse the art from this OT so i'm glad someone with a bit more know-how is doing it haha. I'll try to resurrect the NA guild if it's still around (I have no idea what happened to it when my subscription lapsed.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was going to ask when f2p starts but I see it's the 29th :)

Top Bottom