• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will GTA VI sell more lifetime copies than GTA V or just make more money?

GTA VI will.......

• Sell more copies and generate more income

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Sell more copies and generate less income

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell less copies and generate more income

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Sell less copies and generate less income

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters

cormack12

Gold Member
Obviously GTA V is a behemoth in terms of sales and money generated, but at times and with various deals its been cheaper to buy bundled GTA cards with a new copy than just a shark card. This has led to some thinking that copies sold is a bit misleading as a metric.

If there is a new GTA:O then it will be more mature and a lot of lessons learned around MTX can be there day one. Instead of being developed over time as with GTA V:O

T4keD0wN

People will pay for bullets with real money and they will like it. Itll make more money even if it sells 1/4.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Gta 6 cannot compete with a game that sold on ps3/360 gen (160m consoles) and ps4/one gen (180m consoles).

So: less copies but more money.

GTA6 needs to be released on Nintendo systems as well in order to have a realistic chance at even getting close to GTA5 current sales figures which honestly are beyond insane.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Less copies but make more money....But what do I know. Hopefully the game is incredible and it deserves 300 million copies.

Kerotan

I think less copies but way more sold at full price. They will monetise the shit out of it too so probably more money. It will get the inevitable next gen remaster boost but selling more copies total will depend on the gap until GTA VII. That's what it comes down to.

FingerBang

Just looking at the odds, I'd say it will sell fewer copies and make less money. That doesn't mean it won't be a huge success, but I don't believe it will happen again unless it's as successful as it was and the market conditions stay the same they've been for this game to succeed.

I just hope it's good

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I don't think the industry will be the same 10 years down the line. Hence I somewhat doubt that Take 2 will be able to replicate the success of GTAV.

My vote is therefore less copies and less money.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Sell more and generate more. GTAO was a shitshow at the launch of GTAV. They will take the lessons they learned over the last decade and have their ducks in a row at launch this time. And GTAVII will take even longer to make than this did so it will just keep selling.

Stallone

Neo Member
I don't think the industry will be the same 10 years down the line. Hence I somewhat doubt that Take 2 will be able to replicate the success of GTAV.

My vote is therefore less copies and less money.

That's actually quite interesting - You can indeed realize that back in 2018, even a major game as Red Dead Redemption 2 got its week of Twitch front page and then people just stopped caring. We can expect something similar for GTA 6, because there just are too many games at once out there. Even considering his "Sequel to the most sold game of all time" aura

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
That's actually quite interesting - You can indeed realize that back in 2018, even a major game as Red Dead Redemption 2 got its week of Twitch front page and then people just stopped caring. We can expect something similar for GTA 6, because there just are too many games at once out there. Even considering his "Sequel to the most sold game of all time" aura
Most of all, you have to make all the GTA V players switch permanently. Won't happen.
I predict a lot of people trying it initally and then trickling back to GTA V MP.

zedim

Neo Member
It will sell less but make more money. Gta Online will probably be amazing and vastly improved

RyRy93

Surpassing GTA V will be incredibly difficult, a whole decade of consistently high charting and a popular online mode.

Last edited:

ripjoel

why-not-both-why-not.gif

Top Bottom