• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will the Console with Graphics that Burn Brightest Die Off Soonest?

Mackins

OP has a point. I finally wired up my i7 Titan SLi Crossfire this morning, after only a few minutes it went supernova and singed my carpet.

lol

driver116

PS4: GDDR5
Xbox One: DDR3

The main benefit to GDDR5 rather than DDR3 is that GDDR5 has way more bandwidth. The trade off is that it also has way more delay (several times more depending on the brand/manufacturer). Honestly, the performance difference is almost nonexistant, the bigger issue is PS4 has more of its RAM reserved for Games.

What utter bullshit

lmfao. i guess OP basically admitted he was trolling? i guess that's better in some way than actually believing that nonsense. "working man's graphics" lol.

i guess my sega genesis is better than my ps4, since it still works after all these years, and the graphics processor isn't going to make it burn out.

_hekk05

Banned
Ok I don't understand why not. Can't we enjoy a good laugh and part ways like gentlemen? Or is continuing the charade more socially acceptable?

If you're gonna reveal yourself as a troll, you gotta make your comments more unbelievable lol. With the amount of fanboy trolls Gaf has seen, you gotta step up your posts.

But [working man graphics]™ is the new all-in-one entertainment system™.

Ok I don't understand why not. Can't we enjoy a good laugh and part ways like gentlemen? Or is continuing the charade more socially acceptable?

Seems to me you always wanted to buy the XBone over the PS4 and just were trying to rationalize it with the most stupid theories you could come up with just so you could feel better about your purchase.
If you want an Xbone instead of a PS4 just go for it, nothing wrong with that.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Mystic Gohan is stronger than Buu, unless you are referring to Kid Buu or Super Buu.

Neither Kid Buu or vanilla Super Buu are stronger than Mystic Gohan. Kid Buu would probably still win in a fight due to how ruthless he is not to mention the resilient body of all Buus which can absorb all kinds of damage, but in terms of power Gohan is stronger.

PS4 is Super Buu with Piccolo and Gotenks absorbed.

killatopak

Neither Kid Buu or vanilla Super Buu are stronger than Mystic Gohan. Kid Buu would probably still win in a fight due to how ruthless he is not to mention the resilient body of all Buus which can absorb all kinds of damage, but in terms of power Gohan is stronger.

PS4 is Super Buu with Piccolo and Gotenks absorbed.

Vegito>Gogeta

or

Gogeta>Vegito

?

Mystic Gohan should still be stronger than SSJ3 Goku due to Goku's limit in using that form. When he's dead anyway.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Vegito>Gogeta

or

Gogeta>Vegito

?

Gogeta is stronger, although arguably not canon. Remember that when fusing with dance and not the earrings it's a shorter but more intense fusion. In other words, more power.

Mystic Gohan should still be stronger than SSJ3 Goku due to Goku's limit in using that form. When he's dead anyway.

Of course, this should be accepted knowledge by now. If SSJ3 Goku does beat Mystic Gohan, it's because of Goku's fighting experience and techniques, not to mention the fact that Mystic Gohan might have been overly confident.

Videogames.

Billen

Banned
I am debating whether to purchase a PS4 or an XboxOne.

The technical aspects of sony's wonder box do seem to trump what the xbox offers. But the incredible reports of a massive graphical advantage sony has give me pause. In this day and age one machine that produces a visual experience that is so superior to its competitor surely must be working overtime under the hood. Now I will admit that I'm not a nuts and bolts or numbers sort of gamer but durability is a big factor in any purchase. The ps4 is smaller and yet so much more is clearly occurring inside of it. The wear and tear on any components would theoretically be more of a concern right? Similar to how halogen bulbs tend to burn out quicker. Obviously it's too soon to tell if this will become an issue but I am still pondering.

In the x bone we see more tried and true working man's graphics. They may not always be as pretty to look at but if it means a more long term life span is that not preferable? I have made poor purchases in the past when it comes to electronics. The minidisc player I bought never became popular. The atari jaguar i spent 300 dollars on only had a few decent games. The sega game gear was decent but not memorable. I just wonder if the ps4 by virtue of being a "buzz worthy" system can fall into the same pitfall of a console that excels at the moment but is consumed by its own dazzling light. Sometimes when something or someone emerges in society that is so far ahead of its time they fade out our explode all too soon. Like MLK, JFK, or Mozart. To put it in electoinic terms that relate to videogaming, these men were all fuses who burned so brightly and intensely that their filaments snapped suddenly. Circuitry in any machine operates in a similar manner. If we all agree that a dependable purchase that delivers entertainment for a solid 10 years is preferable then I think the xboxone is the safer bet. I still have my G1 xbox 360. Never broke on me once. Noisy as hell sometimes but the goddamm workhorse delivers.

No. Just...no.

SpecDotSign

Unconfirmed Member
Look if we can discuss this matter without regressing to the point of employing brittney Spears gifs that's obviously preferable. So if the ps4 uses everything it has now undee it's hood and more often and with more intensity isn't that still a cause for concern? It sounds like meanwhile the xboxone still has untapped resources in reserve.
Joke thread? Joke thread.
OP is trying to convince us that they're not leaning towards an XBone. Just get the XBone if you think it's the better console.

Joke thread? Joke thread.
OP is trying to convince us that they're not leaning towards an XBone. Just get the XBone if you think it's the better console.

Jesus titfucking christ of all the opinions to take away from this and you make that yours. An entire threads frivolity wasted...

All those moments. .. lost in time... like tears in the rain...

(Image of sad wet rutger hauer goes here)

Are you taking me seriously too? Lighten up. I don't know how anyone could read those posts and get angry.

Not even the comparison or JFK and MLK to a videogaming system? The insane suggestion that they were done in by their own ambitions, the idea that their demises were somewhat self inflicted and that this could be correlated with the PS4? I was kinda amazed nobody got angry about that but perhaps I didn't give gaf enough credit.

Starting a race war probably would've resulted in a banning.

DedValve

Banned
Tried and true working mans graphics....well all right then.

Xbox One is a blue collar while PS4 is a white collar and PC is the politician thats always climbing the ladder.

WiiU is the janitor.

Also both machines seem to be pretty sturdy with 0 signs of an RROD incident. Get the one that has more exclusives that appease you.

So I've been thinking about this thread a lot over the last 12 hours and I think cracked the code. OP probably meant to say 'workmanlike' graphics:

Workmanlike: done with the skill expected of a good worker or performer but usually not in very exciting or impressive way

menacegif.gif

Damn, Wise. I mean, it was obvious you were trolling after the Oedipal post, and sure this does save you from becoming the endless butt of jokes (although "Working Man's Graphics" is one for the ages xD), but I've seen bans for less...

In the x bone we see more tried and true working man's graphics. They may not always be as pretty to look at but if it means a more long term life span is that not preferable?

of course it would have to be a joke, c'mon.

I have to give Sony credit, they must have really put together an impressive consensus around their piece of machinery if the best the internet has to offer in criticism, going by GAF's front page, is "I'm suspicious about how few bad things I hear about it" and "I'm worried that it's just overworking itself being so awesome."

Tomorrow on GAF: "I don't want to buy a PS4 because I'm worried there will be too many games for it and I won't be able to choose."

Hilarious hahahh

Gogeta is stronger, although arguably not canon. Remember that when fusing with dance and not the earrings it's a shorter but more intense fusion. In other words, more power.

Of course, this should be accepted knowledge by now. If SSJ3 Goku does beat Mystic Gohan, it's because of Goku's fighting experience and techniques, not to mention the fact that Mystic Gohan might have been overly confident.

Videogames.
Vegetto is actually stronger. Fusion dance have one person holding back their power. Earrings is a straight multiplier.

Devil

Sometimes when something or someone emerges in society that is so far ahead of its time they fade out our explode all too soon. Like MLK, JFK, or Mozart. To put it in electoinic terms that relate to videogaming, these men were all fuses who burned so brightly and intensely that their filaments snapped suddenly. Circuitry in any machine operates in a similar manner. If we all agree that a dependable purchase that delivers entertainment for a solid 10 years is preferable then I think the xboxone is the safer bet. I still have my G1 xbox 360. Never broke on me once. Noisy as hell sometimes but the goddamm workhorse delivers.

So you're saying PS4 is the JFK of consoles... By your measures and comparisons, what's the Xbox One? Sounds like you're trying to come to terms with buying the Bush family of consoles.

Cornbread78

Oh wow, this is that "working man's" thread. I can see clearly now and there is some amazing lines in here... bookmarked for future reference...

Enjoy your XBone bro, amazing stuff ahead for ya....

a916

I am debating whether to purchase a PS4 or an XboxOne.

That conversation should really start and end with who's exclusives do you want to play the most, where your friends are at, and how much significance you put on having the better looking version and prioritize those three in the order of their importance for you.

Top Bottom