• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will we ever see Stefanie Joosten (Quiet from MGS5) in another videogame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

14847791585_1f286fa1f5_b.jpg

tumblr_n9id1x1DjK1s5arxqo1_400.gif

Dy_Cy

I'm sure we'll see her again. She did a whole let's play of MGSV on youtube and she finished it way after the promotion period of the game so she probably genuinely enjoyed it, plus her comment on Quiet's character shows that she doesn't really mind the sexualization (she even likes the rain scene).

iJack

Banned
...why would you call her 'confused' then? There's no choice. It is who she is.

I don't think she's confused either, for that matter. I think she genuinelly likes Riley. That's not confusion. I'm so stressed out and literally livid right now for being unfairly accused of homophobia, but I just wanna let that clear. I think she genuinelly likes Riley judging by Left Behind. But IN GAME it isn't clear at all what her sexual orientation is. Just like it wouldn't be if Riley was a boy and they kissed and things happened exactly like it happened in the game. Druckmann's interview puts another layer into this, but in game, I wouldn't dare to say that she's homosexual. I'd just say that she's definitely not heterosexual. Not that it matters, or that's even the point of this thread.

Fliesen

Between the unironic lauding of Quiet's character to "pure kisses" and "well nothing in the game said Ellie was gay..." this thread has crossed the event horizon of stupidity.

Yet somehow, noone has made an attempt to draw attention to the irony that the poster who is constantly accusing another of HIJACKing the thread is named IJACK. There gotta be some meat to that pun.

With regards to the thread:
I'm agnostic towards Joosten's talent. Neither do i claim she's got none, neither do i feel we could know if she had any.

But yeah, it's likely we'll see her in other games - because people are obviously very fond of her looks. Kojima first and foremost.

basically:
She could be the most talented woman in the world, but none of that was displayed in MGSV.

Some of y'all just have a crush. Nothing more.

I don't think she's confused either, for that matter. I think she genuinelly likes Riley. That's not confusion. I'm so stressed out and literally livid right now for being unfairly accused of homophobia, but I just wanna let that clear. I think she genuinelly likes Riley judging by Left Behind. But IN GAME it isn't clear at all what her sexual orientation is. Just like it wouldn't be if Riley was a boy and they kissed and things happened exactly like it happened in the game. Druckmann's interview puts another layer into this, but in game, I wouldn't dare to say that she's homosexual. I'd just say that she's definitely not heterosexual. Not that it matters, or that's even the point of this thread.
When I'm sad my male friends are leaving me and doing something dangerous I definitely kiss them on the mouth after
I tell them not to leave and they accept
. I'm straight though. It's just what we do.

...why would you call her 'confused' then? There's no choice. It is who she is.

If you read my original post:

I always took the Ellie thing as her being confused about sexuality in general.

I don't think she's confused about being gay (I definitely don't think it's a case of she's probably straight or at least bi-sexual but just experimenting

I'm not saying that she's confused about being gay, and that she might not actually be gay. I'm saying she probably didn't grow up knowing too much, if anything at all, about sexuality. It adds to Ellie's innocence, that is a theme throughout the entire story. Joel grew up in our world, and experienced as everything went to hell/society crumbled. Ellie was born into a completely different world than ours, effectively.

Again, this is just my personal take on it, given the post apocalyptic setting of the game.

iJack

Banned
When I'm sad my male friends are leaving me and doing something dangerous I definitely kiss them on the mouth after
I tell them not to leave and they accept
. I'm straight though. It's just what we do.

I'm not here to judge. But like I've said, let's say that both Ellie and Riley were male kids. If both kissed and one of them died, without any other thing to go by, I'd say that they are definitely not straight, but I wouldn't claim that they are homosexual without an interview by the creator confirming it further. Why? Because it wouldn't be my place to say so, and the story could develop differently in other installments.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Whatever this thread started out as, it's gone all weird. Also, in future, try to avoid calling out other users. We're not interested in meta drama. If you have a problem with a user, contact a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom