• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WIMBLEDON womens final results !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travado said:
C'mon guys, this thread need more pics!

Maria.jpg

Maria1.jpg

No trophy for cell phone at Wimbledon

The cellular telephone had a chance for a starring role in one of the world's biggest sporting events Saturday--and flopped.

After upsetting defending champion Serena Williams at the Wimbledon tennis championships, Russian teenager Maria Sharapova borrowed her father's cell phone to call Mom from Center Court. With a worldwide television audience watching, Sharapova's father passed the phone down through the crowd to her daughter.

Full Story
and yah, except for the face, kournikova has her beat easily...

andthebeatgoeson

A gracious Williams told the Centre Court, "It wasn't my day. Maria played a really good match. Congratulations on your first Grand Slam."

I thought she was supposed to be too cocky.

And you are right, this thread is dying for pics.
http://www.mariaworld.net/index.htm

Oh, and I called it. I told you fuckers to keep an eye out on her!

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3418

Edit2:Apparently, her new found fame has pzoned her website.

Edit3:
Her victory is the first for a non-American in the women's final since Czech Novotna in 1998, which is also the last year neither Venus Williams nor her sister held one of the four Grand Slam titles between them.

Damn, that's ownage.

Shinobi

I never though much of Anna K's looks...she's cute, but she never did much for me. Again, overexposure might have something to do with it. Maria I think looks a lot cuter, though she's still far too young and petite to be considered hot.

yeah, i called this in chat. she's not only beutiful but she's got some amazing match winning shots. Not only this, but she's brave as well.

she's much better looking than anna kournikova. she seems less obsessed about her looks too and less arrogant.

COCKLES

being watched
Just watched Match and pre-match interview with Maria. She really is lovely. None of the arrogant queen of the universe of 'kova.

kournikova.jpg

Um, can you say plate face? Her face looks like a cake that just came out of the oven. I can just see myself scraping the icing...errr...makeup off of her face. I'd still hit it though.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>You can bet on it. She's even more marketable than Kournicova since this girl is actually good and has won a tournament (Wimdledon no less).<<<

Hotness > * when it comes to marketability for women. Sorry.

siege

Banned
While tomorrow's mens finals don't hold any of the hotness factor Sharapova brings to the court - it should be interesting none the less. Federer vs Roddick is going to be entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom