• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 95 running on a New Nintendo 3DS

I want windows 95 running on an n3ds? And it's not hard? Please show me your accomplishments.

And yes, I did, because its comparable. I also compared it to flying the atlantic, climbing the highest mountain, and rice playing texas. If you dont get it, you never will.

Yeah, me working in the field of marine automation systems doesn't even come close to W95 on N3DS.

And indeed, Windows 95 on ARM systems isn't even that new but one of the more trendy things in the scene right now. You basically only need to port and run aDosBox on the N3DS.

Krejlooc

Banned
Yeah, me working in the field of marine automation systems doesn't even come close to W95 on N3DS.

I work in neurology using vr for cancer research. I still find this impressive. Your epeen doesnt impress me, nor does your fake jadedness.

And indeed, Windows 95 on ARM systems isn't even that new but one of the more trendy things in the scene right now. You basically only need to port and run aDosBox on the N3DS.

So again, show me your accomplishment.

Dad

Soon

aAwloJZ.gif

I want windows 95 running on an n3ds? And it's not hard? Please show me your accomplishments.

And yes, I did, because its comparable. I also compared it to flying the atlantic, climbing the highest mountain, and rice playing texas. If you dont get it, you never will.

If serious you need to take a step back and get some fresh air. You comparing a want with actual accomplishments in human history.

Anyway.. I guess this is big. I don't get it just yet but I'll follow just to see the big deal.

I work in neurology using vr for cancer research. I still find this impressive. Your epeen doesnt impress me, nor does your fake jadedness.

So again, show me your accomplishment.

You lost it.

This is a nice personal archivement not some stunning piece of software engineering or even close to the moon landing.

And as expert for neurology and VR technolgy you should know it that porting aDosBox to the N3DS isn't that stunning.

You lost it.

This is a nice personal archivement not some stunning piece of software engineering or even close to the moon landing.

And as expert for neurology and VR technolgy you should know it that porting aDosBox to the N3DS isn't that stunning.

i mean, they had dosbox running windows 95 on the psp. this isn't exactly groundbreaking lmao

Krejlooc

Banned
If serious you need to take a step back and get some fresh air. You comparing a want with actual accomplishments in human history.

...the person mandating the mission compared going to the moon to two college football teams playing.

Its the most apt comparison because the very terminology used points out that people do a variety of "hard things" all for the same reason - personal accomplishment.

You lost it.

Gonna show off your accomplishments anytime soon?

Tenrius

Anyway.. I guess this is big. I don't get it just yet but I'll follow just to see the big deal.

Fyi he's just quoting JFK

...the person mandating the mission compared going to the moon to two college football teams playing.

Its the most apt comparison because the very terminology used points out that people do a variety of "hard things" all for the same reason - personal accomplishment.

Gonna show off your accomplishments anytime soon?

why should he have to justify and validate his points to you by posting proof of where he works/what he's done

You lost it.

He wasn't comparing this to landing on the moon, he was using the quote from JFK as a reply to someone who asked "why would someone do this".

why should he have to justify and validate his points to you by posting proof of where he works/what he's done

Because if you make a post talking bad about someone else's accomplishments without justifying it, you're merely shit posting.

But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

To be fair we had to go to the moon to make sure neither the aliens or the Russians were planning to invade from there

:p

Krejlooc

Banned

Because sitting on your perch saying "psh I could do that" is easy

Talk is cheap. He's doing the exact opposite of what he is bragging about.

And im not asking him to post anything related to his job. I'm telling him to put up or shut up.

He wasn't comparing this to landing on the moon, he was using the quote from JFK as a reply to someone who asked "why would someone do this".

read

Did you just compare the moon landing with Windows 95 on the New 3DS?

The latter one isn't even hard but just something you want in the first place.

I mean holy fuck.

read

I mean holy fuck.

Let me clarify... you can compare things on lots of levels. What I meant to say was he wasn't saying this was as big of an accomplishment as landing on the moon. He was using the JFK quote (Specifically "Not because it is easy, but because it is hard") as the reasoning for why someone would do this to begin with.

The immaturity in this thread is crazy.

Who cares what someone's job is and what they've done?
This isn't a revolutionary or mind boggling accomplishment. It's neat, yes. But people need to really chill out.

Let me clarify... you can compare things on lots of levels. What I meant to say was he wasn't saying this was as big of an accomplishment as landing on the moon. He was using the JFK quote (Specifically "Not because it is easy, but because it is hard") as the reasoning for why someone would do this to begin with.

I asked a simple question and he answered with yes. There isn't really anything to discuss anymore.

Doc Az

Neo Member
How did this thread disintegrate into the petty stuff so quickly?

Anyway, super neat thingy, but I doubt it'll have much use outside of the novelty of running 98 on a 3DS. Nice little achievement regardless of that though, kudos for posting this, don't pay enough attention to that particular homebrew scene anymore, when I really should.

Makes me nostalgic for the days when PSP homebrew was massive.

Kyari

Man this thread went south fast.

To get back on track have they installed anything on Windows 95 on the n3DS yet?

Doc Az

Neo Member
Man this thread went south fast.

To get back on track have they installed anything on Windows 95 on the n3DS yet?

It's very, very basic. No keyboard or mouse controls integrated at all. It's literally just a proof of concept.

Stuff like this isnt meant to be used. The person behind this isnt expecting people to actually install and use windows 95 on their 3ds.

You literally just paraphrased what I said.

If emulating Windows 95 is apparently, supposedly as big an accomplishment as the moon landing, I really wonder what Vista could be equated to.

I think a lot if people have missed his point... He was comparing it to the drive and motivation of self accomplishments.

What sorcery is this? It almost me want a New 3DS...

It's almost as cool as running Quake 3 and Duke Nukem 3D on old symbian phones.

Top Bottom