• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

The Art of Porco Rosso came in the mail today.
NICE! I didn't see a photo of that hardcover version before and it looks good, much greater coffee-table appeal!

Aye, it's swell. The review /XX/ put up earlier gives a better view of the content inside (the Japanese version).
Now that you mention it, precisely blaureiter updated today Halcyon Realms with another sample of Ghibli THE ART Series books, this time one released on the occasion of the old Spirited Away special exhibition at the Ghibli Museum:

Halcyon Realms – Animation.Film.Photography and Art Book Reviews » » Exhibiting Animation – Ghibli Art Book Review
http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/animation/exhibiting-animation-ghibli-art-book-review/

Unlike the art-book/catalogue from another exposition for Yohei Taneda's The Borrower Arrietty work he also reviewed recently (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42858355&postcount=6330), this one as part of that series is still easily obtainable!

Fuck yeah, Iblard Jikan is awesome. My current wallpaper came from there too.

The guy who made the paintings even has a gallery with some comments by himself.
Damn right! The inspiration drawn from the Iblard world to achieve the 'Shizuku's fantasy tale scenes' on Whisper of the Heart was genius. And Mr. Miyazaki owe it greatly to Naohisa Inoue.

A1 is too busy using all their budget for the IM@S movie.
But Aniplex Inc., appears to have money for everyone and everything. Their Unlimited 'Sakkan' Works plan, and renting whole studios to do their crunch-time tasks will be just the beginning!

The previous ones where here (with ep1 pics): http://akiba-souken.com/article/anime/15313/

and here (with first key visual): http://akiba-souken.com/article/anime/15283/

Yes, there he is. Ah and the other dude seems cool too.
tumblr_mi603ztcGI1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mi603ztcGI1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I guess Daichi is the mc's best friend?

For devil survivor :

Did no one play the ds game ? are you all guessing each characters based on design only ?
Nobody knows the twists or anything ?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Persona 4 The Animation 23-26 -END-

That was really enjoyable through and through. Sure, it was ugly, and sure, Yukiko did look like a man more often than not, but still. They nailed every single aspect of the game, from the humor to the relationships between characters, and they even added original stuff on top of that. Hell, they made both the original ending and the true ending much better than they were in the source material.
The scene with the fight against Margaret was particularly off-the-charts awesome, but I also really enjoyed what they did with the conflict against Adachi and Ameno-Sagiri.

It's a shame that they weren't able to include
Marie and the true ending epilogue to it, though... Because they didn't exist yet, haha.

Still, an enjoyable ride, and definitely a must-watch for everyone who likes the game.

Articalys

Looks like it's another fanservice OAD for Fairy Tail.
Manga creator Hiro Mashima announced on Thursday that his Fairy Tail fantasy adventure manga will have a fifth original anime DVD. The DVD will animate the manga's 298th chapter, "Dokidoki Ryūzetsu Land," and Mashima teases that it will be "sexier than the regular anime." The story is set between Grand Magic Games when various guilds gather at the pool for some fun (and the chaos that ensues). More details about the original anime DVD will be provided in a flyer included with 36th manga volume on Friday.

The fourth anime DVD shipped with the 35th manga volume in November. That DVD brought Natsu, Lucy, and the others in the Fairy Tail guild to a training camp for the Grand Magic Games. While there, the guild takes a much needed break at the beach and hot spring.

duckroll

Her Legs are ~4 heads long and her torso is ~2 heads long. Those are pretty strange proportions. Normal for anime is more like 3.5 and 2.5.

The adult characters seem to have legs which are ~5 heads long, while their torsos remain ~2 heads long. Creepy.

Persona 4 The Animation 23-26 -END-

It's a shame that they weren't able to include
Marie and the true ending epilogue to it, though... Because they didn't exist yet, haha.

Still, an enjoyable ride, and definitely a must-watch for everyone who likes the game.
They can still do a movie or a set of Oavs for that
Ive not played Devil Survivor 2...should I?
You should.
i mean it's a great rpg , with a bit of tactical , heavily focused on characters and their interractions with each other.

Novid

Banned
yall should start on that podcasting. seriously. It was fun not doing a show by myself. and even though it was the first one - they gonna get better. I really have to focus on the pauses - still have a thing call nerves.

Amnesia 6
tumblr_mi56uuPGbj1qblqapo1_500.jpg

Really well done episode. Substituting out the heroine and attempting to input myself in her place works well for making it a more immersive experience, and the scenes were really well done and actually pretty emotional.
Ikki kiss scene was so heartfelt and stuff. I really do feel for him too, maybe not as much as Shin, but they are just so dedicated in their love and kind of feel like they came so far to reach a state of love but then the amnesia in the way and a sort of tragedy.

That cliffhanger though, main character has to be the most unlucky main character as of late.
First falling off a cliff and now being bullied and pushed in a dilapidated ship that sinks and now drowning. Poor Orion :(

GINTAMA 259 - AKA - My mind cannot accept all this awesome
Gintama%20-%20259_01.jpg

Things are gonna explode !! ( in various ways )
VERDICT : LEGENDARY
Yes i'm putting the verdict in first ..because holy s**t ...this episode was every bit as good as that was hyped

The plot
Epic rescue organised with some incredible background story on the hero and many of the other great characters as that was forshadowed since god know when.
Add in this some delicious ending.. this episode had everything i wanted , everything i needed.

FLAWLESS

The comedy
Early in the episode , we're still treated with a light quick bit of comedy in order to remove the unnecessary and create a good plot device for our heroes, While quick it worked just as well .

PERFECT

The animation
Gintama%20-%20259_02.jpg

Terminator ? no ? oh well just a very angry main protagonist.
The animation was flawless ...man if this was the result of a 6 month hiatus , damn it because i want more. the fights were beautifull executed , with 95% of the animation and more in great detail. the choregraphy was also impressive , leading to a impressive amount of tension.
YOU HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT
PERFECT

The music
Impressive music set during this episode , especially since gintama change his music mood quite often.. but the music followed to my great pleasure... everything was plot-on from the attacks, the counter attacks, the reveals and the amount of danger the hero faced.
EXCELLENT

The antagonist
A most impressive a**h*le, even more than many before him.
That was expected given his standing and his attitude , but he sure made sure i wanted him to be gone.

IMPRESSIVE.

That's here folks , yet another Legendary gintama episode... Pfiou thank god i watched this after sleeping.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Speaking of OAV's I would love a full 999 OAV. Do it clue style ya know. Now here's how it would have been if such and such did it xD

the VLR one made me spoiled :( Also, sexy avatar

What did the VLR OVA spoil?
Clover?

They went through a route that showed they were being careful not to spoil anything, if you know what I mean.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
[Re: Cutie Honey] 1, or Trying to keep this as Safe for Work as possible!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

That was amazing. Tits and arse aside (of which there is plenty), that was a really energetic and vibrant forty-minutes of Imaishi doing what he knows to do best: cartoonish characters getting squishy squashy, accompanied by his trademark explosions and all sots of dumb physics. The scene with the
bullet ricocheting off Gold Panther's breast-plate
was not unlike that of Panty & Stocking's episode six. So ridiculous, yet so awesome.

The plot is otherwise very shallow. The entire episode is nothing more than an excuse for GAINAX's animators (and Toei's ostensibly, but nobody cares about them except silly Precure and One Piece fans) to go crazy and show lots of naked ladies, but there are still some light hints of character development here and there, especially in the character of Natsuko, who easily steals the show with her nonchalant attitude towards the eponymous super heroine. It should be enough for the three episodes this series lasts, at least.

The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that the next episode seems to have been handled by another director altogether, what with Hideaki Anno being more interested in silly 3D people with ugly tokusatsu effects before he even gets on the lame job of supervising animation. Ewwwww.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the OP song by Koda Kumi, her of Real Emotion fame, is great.

Glad you're watching it!

And I hope they do. The good sales are guaranteed, at least.
I would love an OAV of the epilogue and the anime interpretation of it.
If they need even more money they can also adapt the P4A stories .. there are still plenty of things they can do without messing too much.

Oh no, I meant spoiled as in being able to see one of my favorite game series in anime form.
Both games in the zero escape series, cannot be adapted in anime format very well. The twists and reveals make an ( full ) anime adaptation very hard , near impossible.

This also applies to the other games by that writter.

Stuart444

Index and railgun are good shows that did the best they could to adapt a very complex world . While entertaining , many step of the show are cast aside leading to confusion to the viewer and a sentiment of bad pacing .

I myself never had a problem with bad pacing or confusion... well apart from one bit. Near the end of season 2 of Index
when suddenly everyone is talking about war
, I was quite confused and went WTF for a lot of the episode. Apart from that, I didn't have much confusion over it though I do wish to read the LN at some point, especially if they complete the anime for Index eventually but miss out the new testament LN.

I myself never had a problem with bad pacing or confusion... well apart from one bit. Near the end of season 2 of Index
when suddenly everyone is talking about war
, I was quite confused and went WTF for a lot of the episode. Apart from that, I didn't have much confusion over it though I do wish to read the LN at some point, especially if they complete the anime for Index eventually but miss out the new testament LN.

Well they did a good job with the material they had , but some things and some actions are hard to graps without some other background info in the LNS
Also about that spoiler
A full open war between science and magic maybe ?? :p
but that's for another season.

duckroll

Big news from the manga world: the original Zetsuen no Tempest manga series is ending next month. They plan to start a spinoff later though.

Whether or not this means anything for how the anime will wrap itself up, I have no idea.

Lol. I just read chapter 43 (this month's chapter). The story's pretty much over by now, so next month should just be the epilogue. God, what a pile of garbage. It's obvious no one involved in the manga really gives a fuck about storytelling or reader satisfaction. Probably why it's a total bomba manga. Lulz.

The anime probably shouldn't have a problem adapting it to the end. Even if they skip entire chunks of talkie crap it's not really going to change anything.

jbug617

Banned
One Piece Alabasta Arc

The fights were great but at the same time I wasn't a big fan of traveling in the desert the whole time. It ended beautifully with Vivi and the crew.

Did the movie add anything to the arc?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I second this. Such a fun show.

Check out Ookiku Furikabutte as well TheBatman. Aside from the :dtl moments it was a pretty solid watch.

... But these are the best moments in the show.

The dynamics between the pitcher and the catcher (or the catcher and the pitcher if you know what I mean) is what makes the show so enjoyable to watch. They spend way too much time in this show actually playing baseball, its absurd how they decide to basically animate every single at bat in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom