• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With The Success of TLOU HBO, Could We See Telltale's The Walking Dead Adapted To Tv as Well?

taizuke

It would be kind of similar to TLOU as the story would focus on Lee and Clementine, an older man/father figure traveling with a child in a post-apocalyptic world and season 1 of Telltale's game was very good.

Obviously Telltale's WD or their games don't have the popularity that ND or TLOU have but The Walking Dead brand could make up for it and now that HBO proved it can be done with TLOU i can see Netflix, Amazon, or AMC themselves have their go at the live-action adaptation. I myself stopped watching the main Walking Dead show around season 8. Came back for season 9 to give it a second chance and once again stopped watching a few episodes in. Haven't looked back since and this is coming from someone who used to watch the show religiously.

However, adapting Telltale's The Walking Dead game would pull me back instantly. What'd you guys think?

onQ123

It would be kind of similar to TLOU as the story would focus on Lee and Clementine, an older man/father figure traveling with a child in a post-apocalyptic world and season 1 of Telltale's game was very good.

Obviously Telltale's WD or their games don't have the popularity that ND or TLOU have but The Walking Dead brand could make up for it and now that HBO proved it can be done with TLOU i can see Netflix, Amazon, or AMC themselves have their go at the live-action adaptation. I myself stopped watching the main Walking Dead show around season 8. Came back for season 9 to give it a second chance and once again stopped watching a few episodes in. Haven't looked back since and this is coming from someone who used to watch the show religiously.

However, adapting Telltale's The Walking Dead game would pull me back instantly. What'd you guys think?

LOL
Edit: in case you wonder why I laughed this is the reverse of a thread I made lol

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/are-...s-based-on-shows-based-on-videogames.1650035/

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Dude they have seven The Walking Dead TV shows released or in-development right now. So yes, this actually is possible lmao

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Nah. The walking dead is played out at this point.

They need to make 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim into a show. That would be a few seasons of mind fuck. Could do it like that Netflix show where you can watch in any order or whatever.

Could do Disco Elysium into a show. Fantastic true detective kind of vibes in a unique world. Have the narrator do his internal monologues.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They need to make 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim into a show. That would be a few seasons of mind fuck. Could do it like that Netflix show where you can watch in any order or whatever.
I fucking LOOOVED that game but I have hard time imagining how 13 Sentinels would work as TV show format.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I fucking LOOOVED that game but I have hard time imagining how 13 Sentinels would work as TV show format.

Lots of ways to do it. Each season can follow a few characters.

The game is essentially a giant visual novel. Shouldn’t be hard to adapt to a screen at all.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Nah, the franchise has been milked to death so I don't see the TV show doing that well at all.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Lots of ways to do it. Each season can follow a few characters.

The game is essentially a giant visual novel. Shouldn’t be hard to adapt to a screen at all.
Problem is try to appeal to mass audience. TLOU is zombie show with father/daughter relationship, it easy to appeal to normal people. !3 Sentinels in other hand has lots of mind fuck moments which I fucking love but I dont think will appeal to most people. 2nd problem is story told through none linear fashion which are not told in chronological order, its not easy adapted to TV show, but who knows maybe someone can.

xrnzaaas

The Last of Us has proven that recreating scenes or character deaths from the games is missing the wow factor when you know what happened. And it would be even more problematic with Telltale's Walking Dead since that game has barely any gameplay outside of following the story.

Last edited:

HL3.exe

There are probably more interesting games franchises to adapt from then doing another zombie show. Also, The Walking Dead had it's chance already.

Would love a Bioshock show, or even Thief (even though it's not very known recently). Those worlds, themes and characters would be great for a political/character drama.

Edit: or Disco Elysium! Pfff, can only imagine.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I am so tired of Walking Dead and after the games and 7 seasons of Walking dead I am so over it. And only the first Telltale game was really good.

I mean just look at it.
khary payton tiger GIF by The Walking Dead

Last edited:

taizuke

Think of it this way guys at least there will be no race swapping controversy with Lee and Clementine. lol

Yea, I don't know about The Walking Dead games. I think there is big TWD fatigue, but maybe The Wolf Among Us? That could be interesting.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This thread should be deleted as it's pointless. We don't need another bad walking dead series.

Top Bottom