• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 09•29-10•01•17 - Cruise spitroasted by Pennywise and Kingsman, Flatliners DOA

jett

D-Member
Prediction: The Snyder/Whedon dynamic will give birth to a fanboy war the likes of which we have never seen before.

Honestly I think JL is a must watch just for the morbid curiosity of finding out what this unholy union has spawned.

Penguin

Prediction: The Snyder/Whedon dynamic will give birth to a fanboy war the likes of which we have never seen before.

It'll be glorious. Whedon saved it! This is Snyder's movie! Wonder Woman saved it! Every opinion, every conclusion, coming together the moment the review embargo lifts.

Yeah everyone already has their pre-written talking points

It's just a matter of which way the wind blows

DeathyBoy

Banned
I'm not sure a crooked boomerang would work very well

Actual footage of Bronson reading DCEU related posts.

Captain-Boomerang-suicide-squad-39798209-450-200.gif

TI82

Banned
American made doesn't look so good, the trailer it looked like Tom cruise trying to be Mathew McConaughey.

Kingsman however I thought was pretty decent.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Deadline mentioned that only 9% of American Made's audience was under 25. Lower than I expected. Wolf of Wall Street seemed to catch on with the college set, but maybe Jonah and Leo helped there. I was sorta expecting it to run in the same lane.

snap

Banned
JL

OW 1 Bil
DOM 9 Bil
WW 99 Bil

Deadline mentioned that only 9% of American Made's audience was under 25. Lower than I expected. Wolf of Wall Street seemed to catch on with the college set, but maybe Jonah and Leo helped there. I was sorta expecting it to run in the same lane.

tom cruise is an old man everybody's tired of and can sit his Scientologist ass down

The late 70s/early 80s is probably already too "old" for some young people.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The late 70s/early 80s is probably already too "old" for some young people.

I gotta admit that I've developed a slight aversion to period pieces set in that era. The minute I hear that, I roll my eyes a little. And yet, I'm watching & loving The Deuce on HBO

Equalizer 2 is going to be the hit of August or September 2018. Calling it now. Denzel and Pedro Pascal? Day 1 for me.

sense

Just watched equalizer yesterday. That was a good Denzel movie. Time for a john wick/ equalizer crossover.

Equalizer 2 is going to be the hit of August or September 2018. Calling it now. Denzel and Pedro Pascal? Day 1 for me.

Have there been any substantial updates on this?

The first one's way better than I give it credit for. Denzel's the only man in the industry who can spend a quarter of a movie sitting in a cafe drinking tea and make it fascinating.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I'll allow it.

Still sad the Denzel as Luthor rumours were bullshit. He'd have had that script locked down before they shot a frame.

Dude's films aren't always winners, but he doesn't do anything unless he's happy with the material. And him staring down Cavill Supes would've been some good shit.

Grizzlyjin

Have there been any substantial updates on this?

The first one's way better than I give it credit for. Denzel's the only man in the industry who can spend a quarter of a movie sitting in a cafe drinking tea and make it fascinating.

Yeah, I was surprised by how thoughtful it was at times. Denzel just takes these movies to the next level.

I guess they just moved the release date up. It was Sept, now it's August. Don't know if that'll stick. I think it'll do fine either month.

GhaleonEB

Actuals are starting to trickle in, American Made dropped from $17M to $16.8M.

I'm curious about the jockying for #1 this weekend. Estimate for Kingsman is $17M. The estimate for American Made was $17,016,000 - just $16K higher, probably done to put it over Kingsman. IT was $300K higher. All are from different studios, so I'm guessing they released estimates in that order. I don't see actuals for IT or Kingsman yet, but I'm curious if the final order shuffles.

Instro

I hadn't really noticed, but Spiderman Homecoming is almost the highest grossing movie in franchise. 15m away from passing Spiderman 3.

overcast

I'm thinking Tom Cruise has to go for a dramatic movie with some renowned director tbh. Chill on action franchises aside from Mission Impossible.

berzeli

Banned
Cross post of sorts, I originally compiled this for the Sonic thread, and kswis did it first so it's more of an update, but it is still pretty damn amazing:
Code:
Everything earned by Paramount in 2017 (domestic box office):
Transformers: The Last Knight		$130,168,683	
Baywatch				$58,060,186
xXx: The Return of Xander Cage		$44,898,413	
Ghost in the Shell			$40,563,557	
Monster Trucks				$33,370,166	
Fences (2016)				$31,351,933	
Rings					$27,793,018	
mother!					$13,459,798	
Arrival	(2016)				$8,870,040	
Silence	(2016)				$6,823,622	
Office Christmas Party (2016)		$4,952,318	
An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power	$3,496,795	
Allied (2016)				$556,143	
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016)	$150,139
---------------------------------------------------
					$404,514,811

vs
Code:
Wonder Woman 				$412,080,447

mother! should add another $1.5 million or so from this weekend to the Paramount figure
If you only count films released in 2017 Paramount adds up to $351,810,616 so it will take until Daddy's Home 2 for Paramount to pass Wonder Woman with their 2017 slate.

Top Bottom