• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office Est. 05•18-20 •12 Avengers sinks the Battleship & drowns The Dictator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

This may be a joke, but this ACTUALLY HAPPENS in the movie.

Seriously, at one point they're all...

"We have no radar. There's no way of knowing where the enemy is."
"Not exactly. We can use tsunami monitoring buoys to study wave displacement."

So they bring up this grid that looks just like the board game and have a big action scene where they're literally playing Battleship. They use the phonetic alphabet to make it "cooler" but it's just the game. It's crazy.

Who seriously green-lights a $210 million budget on a board game? WHO!

nope, she is a villain in fast 6.

fast-and-furious-6-prsmb6e.jpg

Hopefully this means she's no longer being considered a role in Fast Six!

Fast 6? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Woah, guys; I seem to have entered an alternate universe wherein xaosslugg doesn't make the Box Office threads and the 360 shot of all the Avengers gathered was actually justified and "awe-inspiring".

Crazy, I know!

Woah, guys; I actually seem to have entered an alternate universe wherein xaosslugg doesn't make the Box Office threads and the 360 shot of all the Avengers gathered was actually justified and "awe-inspiring".

Crazy, I know!

Dude. Enough already. We get it: You don't like the movie.

- J - D -

You are just reinforcing DM's point. Stop digging this hole further, mang.

You put more stock into this discussion than need be. It's inconsequential, I don't mind if I'm not 'winning'. I like the Iron Man ost, and it seems pretty popular on youtube, though of course the amount of views isn't necessarily an accurate metric.

- J - D -

Good Job Bob's Whedon avatar is kinda awesome for him, since it just seems subversive to those who don't know about the bet and mind-blogging to Whedon-nites.

Tookay

Battleship bombing, Dark Shadows bombing, John Carter bombing, Pirates of the Caribbean bombing last year... Nice to see that American audiences have some amount of taste.

Of course, that'll change when MIB3 comes out next week, but we had a pretty good run.

A hundred movies uses it these days. It all becomes a mash of noise. With transformer robot sounds mixed in. Can't distinguish one track from the other.

Doesn't change the fact that Inception was the one to do it first, and most memorably. It at least it had something worth copying in it.

Tookay

The original Alien did it 30 years ago.

?

I've seen Aliens twice and don't remember anything similar.

Unless you consider the fact that it uses horns prominently in its score to be Inception-like.

And let's face it, it's not like composers/producers/directors suddenly rediscovered Alien and started all copying it for movies the past few years.

JdFoX187

Banned
?

I've seen Aliens twice and don't remember anything similar.

Unless you consider the fact that it uses horns prominently in its score to be Inception-like.

And let's face it, it's not like composers/producers/directors suddenly rediscovered Alien and started all copying it for movies the past few years.

Alien did the whole "BLARGH!" sound in the trailer like a lot of trailers do now. The Transformers films also did it in the trailers and films before Inception. It's not something new pioneered by Nolan.

Tookay

Alien did the whole "BLARGH!" sound in the trailer like a lot of trailers do now. The Transformers films also did it in the trailers and films before Inception. It's not something new pioneered by Nolan.

Never said it was pioneered by Nolan.

Just Hans Zimmer.

TheMan

oops, my bad. Lock! I didn't know this was a competition. LOL

don't just roll over like a bitch

be a man and defend your territory. box office threads are yours, and no one will take that away from you unless you let them. come on xaosslug....fight.

JdFoX187

Banned
Never said it was pioneered by Nolan.

Just Hans Zimmer.

Haha, touche. Though to be fair, Steve Jablonsky, a protege of Hans Zimmer, did it first. Not surprising since there have been rumors before that Jablonsky helped Zimmer out with a lot of his scores.

artist

Banned
ipNqf6ZXkpKuy.gif

And no the usage gained momentum after Inception, not after TF movies.

JdFoX187

Banned
ipNqf6ZXkpKuy.gif

And no the usage gained momentum after Inception, not after TF movies.

Wouldn't one say the usage gained momentum after Transformers since those were the first two to use it pre-Inception? I know GAF loves Nolan and Co. but it's not like his movie pioneered the most over-used and downright annoying sound affect in trailers. That damn horn has become the dubstep of movie trailers.

Wouldn't one say the usage gained momentum after Transformers since those were the first two to use it pre-Inception? I know GAF loves Nolan and Co. but it's not like his movie pioneered the most over-used and downright annoying sound affect in trailers. That damn horn has become the dubstep of movie trailers.

Nah, dubstep has become the dubstep of movie trailers.

GloveSlap

Generic butt rock is not a score.

They used a bit of electric guitar! The horror!

I hate the term "butt rock" by the way, its usually how K-Pop fans describe all rock music on the internet. I have seen people call Led Zeppelin butt rock, its ridiculous.

people call it the Inception horn for a reason. its become its own meme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom