• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman 7 movie clips

Akainu

SmartPolishedDrake.gif

So which is it? Do they ricochet or do they flatten?

Shaanyboi

Banned
why do you keep adding shit, when did i say it was irrefutable. i was just expressing surprise at their choice.
You pointed out the accent thing as if it's something seemingly out of place for a fictional society. I asked why and your rebuttal was because of the cartoons. I didn't add anything. It's an inoffensive creative choice to compensate for Gal Gadot's own manner of speech.

Okay, this looks legit dope.

Will probably go see it if only to show support for them making a female SH-movie.
I wasn't actually sold until some of these clips, still not one hundred percent sold but a lot more faith than I've had in a DC movie since Man of Steel burnt me a bit, even though I loved it when i saw it at the theatre it just didn't stay with me.

Even still, I'm going to see this and will drag along friends because ultimately I do worry executives, if this isn't good, won't understand that it's anything more than 'people don't want female superheroes leading a movie.'

Sojgat

I wasn't actually sold until some of these clips, still not one hundred percent sold but a lot more faith than I've had in a DC movie since Man of Steel burnt me a bit, even though I loved it when i saw it at the theatre it just didn't stay with me.

Even still, I'm going to see this and will drag along friends because ultimately I do worry executives, if this isn't good, won't understand that it's anything more than 'people don't want female superheroes leading a movie.'

Just watch how confused they get if this is a massive hit.

NeonZ

So I'm not very familiar with Wonder Woman, but isn't she meant to be as strong as Superman? Why does she need to deflect bullets? Can't she just stand there and tank them?

She looks hella cool blocking bullets with her shield tho

During most of her history she wasn't as strong as Superman and also couldn't fly. That was introduced by the late 80s comic reboot, and always created that issue. I don't think she's as strong as Superman in these new movies.

I question if that'll happen. I disliked Suicide Squad as much as anyone, though it seemed to convince Warners to go ahead with Gotham City Sirens and Batgirl. With concrete information about Venom coming out, maybe Sony's Black Cat & Silver Sable project will progress as well. Fox's X-Men spin-off New Mutants falls under an ensemble, but the focus is one the female leads. Marvel Studios is finally moving forward with Captain Marvel, and even Ant-Man 2 is expected to be Wasp heavy with the "& Wasp" title.

There are so many wheels in motion that things will be fine. That said, despite the warped expectations for Wonder Woman from onlookers, it's shaping up to exceed expectations from the studio. Doubtful it'll be a Deadpool type surprise hit, but the question isn't whether it'll bomb. It's how successful it'll be.

So I'm not very familiar with Wonder Woman, but isn't she meant to be as strong as Superman? Why does she need to deflect bullets? Can't she just stand there and tank them?

She looks hella cool blocking bullets with her shield tho

Wonder Woman typically has it both ways in terms being invincible but also not really invincible. She's as strong as Superman but bullets and knives can still hurt her.

DEAD ;)
giphy.gif

If she did that in front of Justice League members swear I'm gonna blow my all cash on the screen

"cash"

surejan.gif

I am so hopeful for this movie.

At one point a few years ago I was in depression and contemplating suicide but talked to a friend and he said to try and focus on a few goals or positives, things to give you a reason to stick around etc...and one of them was "Well, I've always liked Wonder Woman and my Mum read Supergirl/watched Lynda Carter when she was growing up, so I'd love to see the movie..." and a few years later I'm 2 years into a uni degree and a few weeks away from the movie :)

gonna be good!

gamz

"cash"

surejan.gif

I am so hopeful for this movie.

At one point a few years ago I was in depression and contemplating suicide but talked to a friend and he said to try and focus on a few goals or positives, things to give you a reason to stick around etc...and one of them was "Well, I've always liked Wonder Woman and my Mum read Supergirl/watched Lynda Carter when she was growing up, so I'd love to see the movie..." and a few years later I'm 2 years into a uni degree and a few weeks away from the movie :)

gonna be good!

Congrats man!!!!!

kunonabi

Gal, the action, and the humor aren't really landing for me and woof at that cg. The music, aside from the WW theme, sounds really good though. It does look like the first DCEU movie that could be decent so that's good to see.

Poona

Cant watch these. Don't do it for any clips for a movie I'll see in cinema because of spoilers but good for publicity I guess.

Will make a note to watch after I've seen the movie to see if anything was cut out or shown different.

Gal's acting in the last clip was pretty good. She's definitely improved. Action scenes look good as well. Glad they're not doing any of that shaky cam bullshit.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The guitar theme music is still terrible, but the movie looks great, actually!

Also goddamn, Gal Gadot is such a gorgeous woman, it's almost ridiculous.

The action looks incredible. Now lets the story, acting, & characters are just as good.

Hot take: Gal was fine, even good, in BvS.

She barely had any dialogue in that film, so I can't say if her actual acting was any good. Based off these clips, I think she sounds a bit "bland".

The Kree

Banned
Hot take: Gal was fine, even good, in BvS.

She didn't have enough to do in BvS for me to make an honest judgement, but I have a feeling we're gonna notice a drastic difference between her performance here and her performance in Justice League and I think it's going to come down to the quality of the direction. She may not be an actor who can deliver without good direction. I think Cavill and Affleck can both act, but the difference between their performances was night and day and that's probably Snyder's fault. I like what Gal is bringing in these clips.

Penguin

Gal's acting in the last clip was pretty good. She's definitely improved. Action scenes look good as well. Glad they're not doing any of that shaky cam bullshit.

I've wondered

Have folks ever considered that Gal isn't a bad actress but was never asked to do much in her previous movies?

I mean she was the hot chick in the Fast movies. And well Keeping up with the Joneses isn't very good to begin with.

She was solid in BvS but was mostly used to play off of Affleck.

I mean she was the hot chick in the Fast movies. And well Keeping up with the Joneses isn't very good to begin with.

I always thought Gal brought a lot of competence and grace for a character that desperately needed both to work right (Gisele is basically good at everything but especially the military stuff)

And i watched some of Joneses on my flight and wtf she was talking about Kegels and calling Jon Hamm a pussy in Hebrew

Penguin

I always thought Gal brought a lot of competence and grace for a character that desperately needed both to work right (Gisele is basically good at everything but especially the military stuff)

And i watched some of Joneses on my flight and wtf she was talking about Kegels and calling Jon Hamm a pussy in Hebrew

Oh she's good in the role especially Fast 5, but she is eye candy

I mean her big contribution to the heist is literally showing her ass to get a hand print.

Top Bottom