• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman and the Mystery of the Missing Marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobor

I have said many times there's nothing wrong with not liking the movie. My point has always been you can't criticise one movie for doing the exact same thing whilst shitting on the other. At this point it's like two people both serving sandwiches both using pretty much the same ingredients and now you're just bitching about how one was cut and how the fillings were layered.

No, at this point Marvel is giving us nicely prepared sandwiches while WB throws the ingredients on the floor and tells us to figure it out.

inky

No, at this point Marvel is giving us nicely prepared sandwiches while WB throws the ingredients on the floor and tells us to figure it out.

Yeah, but as you pick up WB's bread slice you notice something about it::

jesusontoast2xosx3.jpg

and that's when you realize it's so deep and intellectual.

I am now imagining this to be how you are when you are writing your posts.

why

I have said many times there's nothing wrong with not liking the movie. My point has always been you can't criticise one movie for doing the exact same thing whilst shitting on the other.

Of course you can. That's the whole point of comparison. To stand two similar things next to each other and see who does it the best.

If one movie does one thing and does it well, and the other movie does the same thing but it lands with a thud, you can point that out.

I guarantee there is a post somewhere in your history, probably not about DC or Marvel movies (???) where you do just that. Because why wouldn't you?

ReiGun

truly describe how forgettable both respective franchises are, amirite? /s

You joke, but one could argue that the never ending dick measuring contest between fans of these movies is a more compelling conflict than any of the films from either camp could come up with. If only because it's incredible just how ridiculous it keeps getting.

dabig2

I think some of you genuinely get confused on which tab you're on when you post. Your 4Chan shit posts go on 4Chan. Your Reddit shitposts go on Reddit. Simple enough.

Jesus.

A list of good-to-great (some even outstanding) films based on comic book properties:

A History of Violence
Ghost World
Men in Black
Superman: the Movie
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
The Dark Knight
Akira
American Splendor
Blue is the Warmest Color
Blade II
Hellboy II
Logan
Persepolis
Captain America: The First Avenger
Dredd
Road to Perdition
V for Vendetta
Wilson
Lone Wolf and Cub

Now, I'm sure one or two or more of the films I noted can (and will) be nitpicked at for not qualifying as "good-to-great" but the idea that nothing in that list is of any positive value is kinda fuckin' ridiculous.

El Topo

So no? Thought so.

I think Persepolis is fine. There's also Ghost World. About the only ones I think that can be considered legitimately great movies. A History of Violence, if we count it. Also I guess certain Ghibli movies?

Edit:
Blue Is The Warmest Color is based on a comic? Huh.

Jesus.

A list of good-to-great (some even outstanding) films based on comic book properties:

Now, I'm sure one or two or more of the films I noted can (and will) be nitpicked at for not qualifying as "good-to-great" but the idea that nothing in that list is of any positive value is kinda fuckin' ridiculous.

I kept the good things on your list.

RalchAC

Uh, thread has derailed, right?

Anyway, I went and watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 with a bunch of friends yesterday and there was a Wonder Woman trailer. It's the... second one? It was an old trailer anyway, I had already watched it in YT.

I'm from Spain BTW. Just in case you were interested about it.

Trailer was ok, I guess. I'm not sure if the actress has the strength/charisma to carry a movie on her own.

Raptor

Jesus.

A History of Violence
Ghost World
Men in Black
Superman: the Movie
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
The Dark Knight
Akira
American Splendor
Blue is the Warmest Color
Blade II
Hellboy II
Logan
Persepolis
Captain America: The First Avenger
Dredd
Road to Perdition
V for Vendetta
Wilson
Lone Wolf and Cub

No watchmen on the list but CA FA is on there?

Come on Bobby :p

I kept the good things on your list.

I don't understand the character you're playing right now.

Like, gag posts aside, (hopefully) stepping out of character: are you saying you've actually watched all those movies and come to the conclusion not a single one of them is rated above "garbage" in your eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom