• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woot Blu Ray player, $139

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hey, it plays the discs. Don't be mad.

www.woot.com

2j6a4nb.jpg

Features:
Features:
Progressive scan Blu-ray Disc player with 1080p capability for HD video
Full HD 1080p, DVD up-conversion up to 1080p (480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)
Support for uncompressed multi-channel Linear PCM that can output 8 channel audio with help from the HDMI cable and a compatible AV amplifier
Multi-channel audio content supports more advanced Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD
24p True Cinema mode; Movies shot on a film camera consist of 24 frames per second. Since conventional televisions (both CRT and flat panels) display frames at either 1/60 or 1/50 second intervals, the 24 frames do not appear at an even pace. When connected to a TV with 24p capabilities, the player displays each frame at 1/24 second intervals.
HDMI digital interface can output both SD to HD video and multi-channel audio signals, in digital form without degradation
HDMI specification supports HDCP, a copy protection technology that incorporates coding technology for digital video signals
Increased capacity of a Blu-ray Disc means that a greater amount of data can be easily stored and delivered.
Utilizing a shorter-wavelength blue laser, the Blu-ray Disc offers a massive storage capacity of 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a double-layer disc (5x the amount of current DVDs)
Offers uncompromising HD quality video, enables rich bonus content on a single disc and HD quality audio up to 8 channels
Library function for JPEG, MP3, and WMV9 files; files stored on a DATA-DVD or DATA-CD can be organized in a list browser on the player for easy sorting, searching, and playback
Specifications:
Playable Media: BD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD, DVD-R/ -RW, DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, CD-ROM, CD, CD-R/-RW
Playable Format: Blu-ray Disc (AV format), DVD-Video, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), VC-1, JPEG
Bonus View 1.1 allows for special functions like "Picture in Picture" viewing for enjoying special content, including director's commentary, during movie viewing
16:9 / 4:3 picture select
Selectable 24p and 60p video output modes
On-screen graphical user interface
Slow motion function (2x, 4x, 8x)
RW/FF play function (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x)
VFD display
Dimensions (LxWxH): 13.5” × 17” x 3”
Connectivity:
HDMI v1.3 digital output
Component video output
S-video output
Composite video output
Optical audio output
Analog 5.1 channel audio output
USB 2.0 Port
In the box:
Memorex Blu-Ray Player
Remote Control
Users Guide
Power Cable

Pai Pai Master said:
Sweet, I'll pick this up for Secret Game.
well played

but hey, you CAN play Dragon's Lair and Space Ace on it :D

it's like high def CDi without the crappy Zelda and Mario games.

Stinkles

I AM JOHN! said:
Where's the USB dongle to plug it into the 360? :(

Just use string. Or tape.

Pringo said:
It's already been posted in the OT. There's not much point in moving it.

All of which explains why my search yielded nothing. Still, at least a few gamers will see this and think about it before it's destroyed by Bish Lasers.

Stinkles

Linkzg said:
That's what I thought until I saw the 'Don't be mad', but I could just be misreading that.

"Don't be mad" was for the inevitable "Memorex," or "no upgradeable firmware," posts.

I am backing away, quietly, egg on face.

sk3tch said:
Invest smart. Invest HD-DVD.
I know that's a joke, but it is a great way to get a lot of HD movies for cheap. If you have an x360, it is $40 for a player and tons of HD movies for $9.99 or less! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom