• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World’s oldest dog turns 31

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
67243745-11704887-Bobi_is_pictured_playing_with_a_cat_on_the_family_run_farm-m-11_1675334068107.jpg

67243733-11704887-Bobi_who_was_born_on_born_on_May_11_1992_is_pictured_in_2016-m-9_1675334039676.jpg

A Portuguese farm dog called Bobi has been named the oldest living dog ever and his celebrating with a special party.
Bobi's owner, Leonel Costa, told Guinness World Records: 'We've had a lot of journalists and people come from all over the world to take a picture with Bobi.

'They've come from all over Europe, as well as the USA and even Japan.'

Bobi was awarded a Guinness World Record title for the oldest dog in the world in February.

Despite his age, the calm and sociable dog is still healthy enough to play with the family's four cats.

Family members believe the secret to his longevity is the fact that he has always lived in the countryside in a peaceful environment, surrounded by nature.

Bobi loves to eat and mostly has the same food as his owners, but they are sure to soak it in water to remove the seasoning first.

All things considered, he looks pretty damn good.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

My dog developed chicken allergy a couple of years ago so now we only gave him beef\pork\fish based food.
Can't say I'm surprised. A lot of foods that should be healthy now have all these other contaminants bleeding into them. They can try to limit it, but it's out there in the air, in the soil, in the feed. Ain't gonna magically disappear.

Bobi's kind of a miracle when you think about it.

KrakenIPA

My old dog is so kind and calm, his name is Jake, he is a 11 year old yellow lab mix, and on many occasions he just makes humans smile. If I could say that you should adopt a dog rather than buy a puppy, I will say it every day.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I looked up the oldest cat to ever live, and it also had a human like diet
Makes me wonder if we’re just killing our pets early with pet food
Go ahead and feed them “human food” and see how long they last.

The only reason our pets live so long now is because of the scientists that are the geniuses behind pet food, please don’t get it twisted

Edit - Also please don’t feed them human food to see how long they last…please

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
My dog lived to be 15, almost 16, then her kidneys started shutting down. That's the thing about getting old, the chance of stuff going wrong suddenly increases a lot. You can do everything right, but it just happens.

I'm not sure I believe this dog is 31, that's such a huge age gap between standard dog ages it is like a human living to 250.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
I mean…I’m with you partially, but I love my cat way too much to test the waters 🤷‍♂️
I know what you mean. It’s better to have a pet that doesn’t eat scraps anyways. My dogs always bumming me for food every time I walk in the kitchen lol.

I adopted him when he was 5 so I’m only partially to blame for his training…..

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I know what you mean. It’s better to have a pet that doesn’t eat scraps anyways. My dogs always bumming me for food every time I walk in the kitchen lol.

I adopted him when he was 5 so I’m only partially to blame for his training…..
I love you (in a non weird Era sort of way) for adopting your pup. That legit is a way to earn my 100% respect, not only on some stupid gaming forum (I also love you, in a weird Era sort of way everyone), but IRL. Respect! I kind of fell for my cat when I was with my Ex-fiancé. We lost a baby to a miscarriage and I subsequently lost her as well. She initially took the cat but knew it destroyed me and brought her back to me…but this cat has been my light for the last two years. Without her, I don’t know where I’d be.
Long story short, feed your pup anything he/she wants (within reason and safety), because we legitimately don’t really understand their value until they are gone.
Good for you for adopting, that is amazing and I wish more people were like you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom