• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/05: Semi-finals |OT| Uruguay vs Netherlands | Germany vs. Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamorro

Majine said:
I read in the newspaper about a parakeet named Mani, also succesfully betting.

Hmm, maybe I should go ask my neighbours cat. :lol
Yep, and he picked Netherlands:

Mani-006.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/09/pulpo-paul-mani-psychic-parakeet

Xater

neorej said:
Two African psychics also predicted a Dutch victory. C'mon, who are you gonna believe? Some German, hence biased, octopus or Flipper?

Dolphins are weird. Flipper commited suicide.

CTLance

I guess my dog thinks it's gonna be a draw?
Looked at me like I was barking mad, eyed the camera with suspicion, then waddled off to lie in her favourite spot in the garden. Bah. Women. ;)

Steeven

CTLance said:
I guess my dog thinks it's gonna be a draw?
Looked at me like I was barking mad, eyed the camera with suspicion, then waddled off to lie in her favourite spot in the garden. Bah. Women. ;)

:lol

What's his opinion on penalties?

Chuckie

santi_yo said:
Even Ronald Koeman predicts Spain to win.

Sweet. Then Netherlands will win. Even Pauls future-writing powers cannot compete with Ronalds lack of expertise ;)

(Great player though)

Laguna

Banned
Tristam said:
Yes, it does exist, in the related videos of an even more absurd video upload than you produced. The absurd video in question is here; the video that Socreges refers to is titled "Dirty manner italy vs korea" in the related videos section. It's inaccessible because FIFA blocked the video on copyright grounds.

Basically the video shows that both teams played dirty and neither were remotely innocent in an overall appalling clash.

Nice video you posted here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pm4jD5kU4U with Italy-Croazia and Italy-Mexiko from WC 2002) that absolutely proofs my point even further, demonstrating that the complains by the Italians were more than justified. Everyone that want to see for themselves what happened in that tournament should see both (here the first one again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddUKHMLAckE).

Notorious_Roy said:
A tree has more expertise in football...

Dunno the tree, but an octopus has UNDOUBTLY more expertise in football than Koeman and Val Nistelrooy :lol

Seriously now... The damn Paul FAILED the previous Euro Championship finals between Spain and Germany. Let's try to be a little bit less teenagers here, this is just stupid :lol

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Vaandaviii said:
Dunno the tree, but an octopus has UNDOUBTLY more expertise in football than Koeman and Val Nistelrooy :lol

Seriously now... The damn Paul FAILED the previous Euro Championship finals between Spain and Germany. Let's try to be a little bit less teenagers here, this is just stupid :lol

yes, but he has clearly worked on his method, and is now infallible.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1270753/index.html#adidas+golden+ball+nominees+announced
The characteristics of the ten best players for the adidas Golden Ball as identified by the FIFA Technical Study Group (in alphabetical order):

Diego Forlan (Uruguay)
Architect of the team’s attack, very influential, great impact for his team, provider of quality final passes, goal scorer, set pieces/shots from long range

Asamoah Gyan (Ghana)
Huge work rate, efficient, good dribbler, creates problems to each defence, good goal scorer

Andres Iniesta (Spain)
Very fine ball-playing attacking midfielder, a star for the team, impressive dribbling ability

Lionel Messi (Argentina)
Outstanding in his pace and creativity for his team, dribbling, shooting, passing – spectacular and efficient

Mesut Oezil (Germany)
A real talent for the present and the future, quick feet and great vision, good final and decisive passes

Arjen Robben (Netherlands)
Very good pace and dribbling skills, wonderful ability to cut inside from the right, effective to his team

Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany)
Impressive by his first pass (forward and accurate), very good passer, has moments of individual brilliance, ball-winner

Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands)
A maestro in midfield, exceptional work rate, the engine of Netherland’s attacks, excellent passer and scorer

David Villa (Spain)
Top scorer; quick, two footed, very good on one-on-one situations, provides good final passes, excellent finisher

Xavi (Spain)
The metronome and the engine of the Spanish team, very influential in the passing style of the game, one of the finest midfielders in the tournament

Messi doesn't deserve IMO, and neither does Gyan for blowing his PK

I would award to Golden Ball to David Villa even though I want the Dutch to win the WC

Furret

Banned
Tence said:
I hope it will be more about football and less about predicting animals :lol

The quality and consistency of the physic animals has been much greater than that of the football.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
santi_yo said:
Yep.

Netherlands - Orange

Spain - Blue

thank god. I'm a big superstitious person about not playing your 'real' colour in the finals.

Enosh

ClosingADoor said:
I actually think the blue looks better.
same here, spanish and german away colors look a lot better than their home ones

edit: stupid upload service deleting my avatar pic, hat to upload the vannila one beacose I deleted the flag one after I uploaded it -.-

Wellscha

Diego Forlan (Uruguay)
Architect of the team’s attack, very influential, great impact for his team, provider of quality final passes, goal scorer, set pieces/shots from long range

Hope he wins. :D

Ataturk

For me it's between Xavi, Villa and Sneijder. Whoever performs in the first half of the final will win it...

Forlan is up there but he won't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom