• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Goo, Little Inferno, Human Resource Machine coming to Switch March 3rd

I got little inferno for Wii U and thought it was pretty cool. I never finished World of goo for pc and haven't played human resource machine at all, but I really want to now on the Switch.

Not sure, they seem impressed by the joycons features though. Probably just gyro.

Several games on wii just used gyro for pointer controls. Very possible but not as accurate as IR so far

When you are moving a cursor gyro is plenty good enough

Ah, got it! Cool!

The camera at the bottom of the right joycon can recognize shapes. I wonder if it recognizes the tv when pointed at?

The range of the IR Camera is apparently only 2 feet or so, so even if it could read the TV you'd have to be standing next to it the whole time. :\

Wasn't Little Inferno a WiiU launch title? Is there a precedent for a game being a launch title on two consecutive consoles? (minus back comp obviously)

Mario 64 on N64 and DS as well as the aforementioned Rayman 2. It's a neat little footnote with Little Inferno, though, since it's the same game being released in the same way on two consecutive launches.
I'm personally wondering if Just Dance 2018 is going to release on Wii, Wii U, and Switch this Fall for a tri-generational launch, which I'm not sure has ever happened before.

Mario 64 on N64 and DS as well as the aforementioned Rayman 2. It's a neat little footnote with Little Inferno, though, since it's the same game being released in the same way on two consecutive launches.
I'm personally wondering if Just Dance 2018 is going to release on Wii, Wii U, and Switch this Fall for a tri-generational launch, which I'm not sure has ever happened before.

It's a pretty fair bet it will
Though I think maybe there was a fifa that released on ps2 3 and 4

Zarovitch

For some reason I've never play those game.
World of goo and Inferno was on my radar but i never bought them. There's chance i get them this time.

For some reason I've never play those game.
World of goo and Inferno was on my radar but i never bought them. There's chance i get them this time.

First thing you do when you first switch on your switch must be to buy little inferno, if not just throw it on the fire

It's a pretty fair bet it will
Though I think maybe there was a fifa that released on ps2 3 and 4

Yeah, I was wondering if the PS2 survived long enough for a Fifa or Madden thriple release. I didn't remember seeing PS2 games still available when the PS4 released, though, so I assumed it might not have happened.

Yeah, I was wondering if the PS2 survived long enough for a Fifa or Madden thriple release. I didn't remember seeing PS2 games still available when the PS4 released, though, so I assumed it might not have happened.

Just looked it up fifa 14 released on ps2 a couple of months before the PS4 launched and thus fifa14 PS4, there was also a ps2 pes14 a few weeks after fifa but that didn't get a ps4 version

World of Goo will be a really important showcase for the Switch, can't wait to see how the joy-cons handle gyro pointing.

Hopefully we have some HD rumble implementation when holding goo.

Turrican3

I asked on tomorrowcorp. blog and they said you could use *both* JoyCons in Goo so it's definitely not IR pointing, since there's only one camera.

I still wonder though if IR pointing is actually feasible on the Switch JoyCon R, due to the recent doc leak explicitly mentioning the camera being capable of detecting special reflective markers (or something like that)

EDarkness

I asked on tomorrowcorp. blog and they said you could use *both* JoyCons in Goo so it's definitely not IR pointing, since there's only one camera.

I still wonder though if IR pointing is actually feasible on the Switch JoyCon R, due to the recent doc leak explicitly mentioning the camera being capable of detecting special reflective markers (or something like that)

Both? How will that work?

I asked them on Twitter and they said there was a motion control pointer option.

Wiimotion plus pointer games only used the IR for calibration. Either joy con could replicate this if they calibrate in a different way.

https://twitter.com/tomorrowcorp/status/829866969075642368

If the 2-foot range of the IR Camera is true then it won't matter if you put reflective tape all over the TV unless you're standing next to it. I'm really really curious about how Nintendo intends to implement it and justify its inclusion beyond Rock Paper Scissors and pretending to eat a sandwich. I can't think of any kind of worthwhile gameplay uses for anything outside of mini game stuff.

Shiggy

World of Goo will be a really important showcase for the Switch, can't wait to see how the joy-cons handle gyro pointing.

Just like the Wii Remote Plus did, I assume. In any case, World of Goo played much better with touch controls in my opinion, so the portable mode might be better anyway.

The other two games weren't really my cup of tea. Not much to do there; they lacked a gameplay system that was as excellent as the one found in World of Goo.

Yesterday, I suddenly remembered that these were supposed to be launch games. I didn't remember seeing them in the store, so I went to check. They still aren't there. Not even as a search. I wonder what the deal is.

tolkir

Yesterday, I suddenly remembered that these were supposed to be launch games. I didn't remember seeing them in the store, so I went to check. They still aren't there. Not even as a search. I wonder what the deal is.

Good news from the Mushroom Kingdom! We crammed our 3 games down Nintendo’s warp pipe, and are now just waiting for approval. We hope to have a release date for World of Goo, Little Inferno, and Human Resource Machine soon!

https://tomorrowcorporation.com/posts/breaking-news-tomorrow-corporations-3-games-not-on-nintendo-switch-yet

http://tomorrowcorporation.com/posts/we-have-a-switch-release-date

"Princess Peach has smiled upon us, and granted us a release date for – THIS WEEK! World of Goo, Little Inferno, and Human Resource Machine Switch editions will all be available in North America this Thursday, March 16!

We haven't received an official confirmation from Nintendo of Europe, but we hope to have good news for our European friends soon.

And our intern made us Switch eShop trailers for all three games, delicately embedded below.

It was a long, dangerous journey, but here comes the Tomorrow Corporation train! Stand back. The doors are closing. Next stop: Nintendo eShop!"

We may have to get ourselves some American eShop cards European pals, either way only 2 days until World of Goo!

UberTag

Looking forward to the next wave of Switch indies with these titles arriving on Thursday and then The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ on Friday.

Bought a $10 eShop card on ebay, I really want to play World of Goo on the Switch and even though a UK specific release date probably isn't far off I would rather not wait. Wonder how they'll price these?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
http://tomorrowcorporation.com/posts/we-have-a-switch-release-date

"Princess Peach has smiled upon us, and granted us a release date for – THIS WEEK! World of Goo, Little Inferno, and Human Resource Machine Switch editions will all be available in North America this Thursday, March 16!

We haven’t received an official confirmation from Nintendo of Europe, but we hope to have good news for our European friends soon.

And our intern made us Switch eShop trailers for all three games, delicately embedded below.

It was a long, dangerous journey, but here comes the Tomorrow Corporation train! Stand back. The doors are closing. Next stop: Nintendo eShop!"

We may have to get ourselves some American eShop cards European pals, either way only 2 days until World of Goo!
That's great, I th in this deserves a thread

Not sure if I should wait for EU release or figure out how to get the US version...
You can get hold of eShop cards pretty easily, I ordered a $10 one from seller g2a-games on ebay just now and they sent a code along immediately. Cost £10 so it isn't a direct conversion but it was pretty hassle free. Still no idea how much these games actually cost.

Not too bothered by the EU getting these later, as there's already Isaac this week, and I'm not going to pretend I can actually touch the console given how much my wife plays Zelda.

Bought a $10 eShop card on ebay, I really want to play World of Goo on the Switch and even though a UK specific release date probably isn't far off I would rather not wait. Wonder how they'll price these?
Alternatively, you can also buy digital eshop codes directly from Amazon.com.

I just downloaded World of Goo. Played using joycon like a wiimote whilst in Tabletop mode, it works fine and quickly became intuitive.

Done the first 4-5 levels. I can see I'm going to get addicted to this - it's great!

jonno394

I finally bought Human Resource machine, and was doing well getting 2 lights on pretty much every year up until then. Then I got to year 20 where you have to multiply two numbers by each other. I'm done with the game, i'm not smart enough for this!

Top Bottom