• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Goo - Official Thread

Cheez-It

Up to what I would assume is the last stage in Chapter 4. As I play, my expectations continue to rise... Yet the game surpasses them time after time. This is an absolute gem. Will be giddily anticipating the games conclusion until I have another chance to play it tomorrow!

ChunderMan

Living in a one-dimensional world...
Does anyone know where the game hides your save files? I wanted to be able to transfer my saves between work and home, but I couldn't find it.

Nikorasu

Just got it. I preordered so they sent me a download link early. Best of all there is no DRM whatsoever. Just download install and play.

I just finished the first chapter and holy shit, if they keep up this kind of of innovation and creativity through the whole game this is something really special. It seems like every single level they introduce some crazy new concept or goo type, or just makes you use what you got before in some awesome new way.

buyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyit

EDIT: Where exactly do I get that profanity pack? I preordered early enough to get the Ch1 preview, but don't remember getting a link to the add-on.

adg1034

Nikorasu said:
Just got it. I preordered so they sent me a download link early. Best of all there is no DRM whatsoever. Just download install and play.

I just finished the first chapter and holy shit, if they keep up this kind of of innovation and creativity through the whole game this is something really special. It seems like every single level they introduce some crazy new concept or goo type, or just makes you use what you got before in some awesome new way.

buyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyit

EDIT: Where exactly do I get that profanity pack? I preordered early enough to get the Ch1 preview, but don't remember getting a link to the add-on.

It's not out yet. On their website, they're trying to set up a way for people to suggest the best profanities so that they can then record them. Look for that in the near future.

Cheez-It

Nikorasu said:

Several stages through chapter 5. It continues to bring new stuff to the table every stage. Amazing.

GC|Simon

Guys, I hope you know what to do on Monday. I got already my copy of the game and it's more than just awesome! It's fantasic. I'm now in chapter three and I can't stop thinking "wow". This game is even 100$ worth. You have to buy this.

I mean, we may be talking about the best game ever. Relly. No fake.

The Nintendo channel on the Wii has a World of Goo video up now but it is not available in the Shop Channel yet. It must be coming this Monday for Wiiware. Has that been confirmed?

road2serfdom said:
The Nintendo channel on the Wii has a World of Goo video up now but it is not available in the Shop Channel yet. It must be coming this Monday for Wiiware. Has that been confirmed?
pretty much

The Hermit

GC|Simon said:
Guys, I hope you know what to do on Monday. I got already my copy of the game and it's more than just awesome! It's fantasic. I'm now in chapter three and I can't stop thinking "wow". This game is even 100$ worth. You have to buy this.

I mean, we may be talking about the best game ever. Relly. No fake.

Wow
Ware

Cheez-It

I just completed the main game yesterday. It was sad seeing it end...

Anyone know whether the Moon chapter will be available as an add-on to the PC version? Is it really Europe only? I want mooore!

later

Still angry over Europe being screwed big time. Is there any way to trick the wii into thinking my wii is not PAL ? (when entering wii shop..)

Cheez-It

Steam? Wow, that's awesome. The direct exe download is nice, but Steam should get them a bigger audience, and they deserve the biggest audience for this game...

JPBrowncoat said:
Damn now I'm torn between this and the Wii version.

I asked the dev which game I should get (PC or Wii) because I was so torn. He said the PC version is more accurate with the mouse, but the Wii is more fun (because of the wiimote?) and has co-op.

Can't wait for Monday.

GC|Simon

In finished the game a few seconds ago with tears in my eyes. It's difficult to find words do describe the quality of the game. I'll write tomorrow the review for my gaming site and there is only one score I can give: 10 out of 10. The game doesn't make any fault. It does everything correct. I mean. Look at the graphics. So beautiful. Forget hardware specs, this game looks on every system awesome. And the sound. Epic. I'll put this music on my iPod and I'll listen to it whenever it's possible. A game sounded never so fabulous. The controls are fantastic and the gameplay? No words to discribe this. And of course there is a lot of variety.

3 meters behind me are a few hundred games. I enjoyed most of them and I can recommend most of them. But not a single game of my collection is as good as World of Goo. People. I played the demo of World of Goo a few months ago and it was fantastic. I looked forword to the game. I thought this may be one of the best games this year. And now, I played the full version. And it wasn't one of the best games this year. It was the best game ever.

nakedsushi said:
I asked the dev which game I should get (PC or Wii) because I was so torn. He said the PC version is more accurate with the mouse, but the Wii is more fun (because of the wiimote?) and has co-op.
GC|Simon said:
I'll write tomorrow the review for my gaming site and there is only one score I can give: 10 out of 10.
I guess I'll buy both versions. :D

Just pre-ordered this as I read that the site pre-orders can be turned into full versions on Steam, which is fucking awesome. The Chapter 1 preview should help pass the time this weekend in my new internet-less house :D

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
w00t! :D Definitely buying it. The only bad part is that I'll have to delete a lot of stuff to make space for it. :(

alex1893

awesome review and first impressions. Well, then I'll quit my whining earlier in this thread and get it on PC because of these subtle facts:

Steam version: 20$ + taxes = ~18€, available in 2 days
PC/Wii retail version EU: 30€/40€, available end of february 2009 (according to amazon.de)

I'd still prefer it on Wii(Ware), but hey, I don't wanna wait 4 months and pay double the price.

Has Wiiware been coming out at a consistent time every Monday morning? I want to know when to start checking. Please include time zone.

GC|Simon

So I made today an English video review. My English isn't that good and I'm not the best speaker. But I really want that all people buy this game. Maybe it was the best game I've ever played. I really love the game and you'll love it, too.

Nicko

GUARANTEED BUY X 10!!!

Thank you so much for making that video review! After watching your review, this game has shot to the absolute top of my anticipation list, and the best part is that IT COMES OUT ON MONDAY!! :D :D

Also, I just text messaged all of my friends and DEMANDED that they go check World of Goo out!

As an engineering student, I think the concept of building structures with truss supports is a fantastic idea!

At the end of your video review where you showed a level in it's entirety. I was literally falling out of my seat as the tower at the end almost fell into pit below! And WOW at the music!!

Please include your review on the front page!!!!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
GC|Simon said:
So I made today an English video review. My English isn't that good and I'm not the best speaker. But I really want that all people buy this game. Maybe it was the best game I've ever played. I really love the game and you'll love it, too.

Oh wow, this game looks amazing.

GC|Simon said:
Your english makes me think you look like this:

Arnold-Schwarzenegger.jpg

As for the review, it was good, but I had to close it halfway through. I want to go in as blind as possible. Good work though.

GC|Simon said:
Nice review; seriously though, I don't even know where to set my expectations at this moment, I have not heard a single downer about this game, and all the praise surrounding it is damn high indeed. Good thing I first heard about it 2 weeks ago, otherwise I think I'd be going in expecting way too much--nonetheless, Monday cannot come soon enough! :D

Crazyorloco

GC|Simon said:
Wow. Thanks for the review! I didn't view the entire level part of the review, but from what I saw I was very impressed. I'm going to get this monday. Go WiiWare!

careful

Hmm.. I had never heard of this game before, but the art style and gameplay look really interesting. I'm a sucker for good small downloadable games though.. (just got Puzzle Quest PS3 today too..)

Is there a demo for this?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
road2serfdom said:
Has Wiiware been coming out at a consistent time every Monday morning? I want to know when to start checking. Please include time zone.

9AM in the only time zone that counts -- Mark Twain Time.

(PST)

Antagon

careful said:
Hmm.. I had never heard of this game before, but the art style and gameplay look really interesting. I'm a sucker for good small downloadable games though.. (just got Puzzle Quest PS3 today too..)

Is there a demo for this?

You can find tower of goo online, which was a small game they created for a contest and basically acted like a prototype for world of goo. The only goal in that game is to make the biggest tower you can though, so it's fairly limited.

So, now I'm not on my phone, this might actually let me post :D (Stupid iPhone Safari)

I finished the Chapter 1 preview on Saturday and ITS AWESOME, even though I suck at building towers, (the tower of goo level took me many an attempt) I'm so looking forward to being able to grab the Steam version when it hits (15hrs? lame, that's not the 13th, that's the start of the 14th, silly Valve)

Wark

I'm definitely gonna get this, but I'm still deciding between the Steam or Wii version. Damn decisions!

Top Bottom