• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Nintendo SDCC: Mario Maker, Koopalings, Peach Castle, Splatoon Ink Blasters.

9a3B9bO_d.jpg

So Jakks had their San Diego Comic-Con Panel yesterday revealed some stuff. Some being the key word as there were extremely few brand new items that either weren't leaked before or weren't repackages. In general they seem to be slowing down the new releases of 4 inch and 2.5 inch lines as they have begun to rerelease older figures. Still the lines 3 years-old and there's a lot of products.

World of Nintendo Commercial
world-of-nintendo-figures-straight-from-the-game-large-10.jpg

4" Figures Wave 2-5 (Out Now):
WomqttZ_d.jpg

Aside from the wholly new Inkling Girl and Lakaitu we have another Bowser Jr. but this time with his paintbrush. The new Marios now seemed to all be open hand. We get Ice Mario and a more classical Star Mario who is sparkly as opposed to 2-3's crystal-like Star Mario.

mj4end1zqhgy.jpg

Despite first appearing in the wild in March as of last month I still have found none around me in Central Connecticut. Though I did find a Goron Tunic Link I was missing from Wave 2-3.

4" Figures Wave 11 (Fall 2017):
gExpTOM_d.jpg

Picture is blurry but they've definitely fixed Link's face from the prototype but it also looks like they're just using Skyward Sword's Link's with fits perfectly.

Mario Maker is neat and like Mario Luigi now has an open hands version.

From Jakks' Instagram here's Iggy:

cf607717e62c8ef8a783e5a67bac157b.jpg

As for Yellow Yoshi here's a 2.5" Yellow Yoshi and the other 4 4" Yoshis. Combine them in your head.

61HlhMqIcQL._SY450_.jpg
Jakks-Pacific-World-of-Nintendo-Blue-Yoshi-Review-rainbow.jpg
Jakks-Pacific-World-of-Nintendo-Blue-Yoshi-Review-eggs.jpg
Jakks-Pacific-World-of-Nintendo-Blue-Yoshi-Review-group.jpg

2.5" Figures Wave 2-6 (Out Now):
XlSx6KP_d.jpg

I have also not seen these around me either.

17596529_2027291927501149_4287815647171182592_n.jpg

2.5" Figures Wave 13 (Fall 2017):
DNYrpvZ_d.jpg

Quite a few rereleases but we get 8-Bit Peach, the second NSMBU Baby Yoshi and Blue Inkling Boy.

Walgreens 2.5" Wave 4 Exclusive Characters (Coming Soon):
GuZ6j6V_d.jpg

After Walgreens Wave 1 and 2 both included the 3 exclusive figures:
World-of-Nintendo-WALGREENS-25-lot-Mario.jpg

It looks like Wave 3's exclusive figures won't carry over to Wave 4:
$_1.JPG

Instead with get 3 new ones for Wave 4 (Gold Wario is just Wario from the Walmart-exclusive trophy series). The Walgreens exclusives are super annoying because not only do I not frequent the stores but the exclusives are just hard to find. I only have two of each of the prior two sets. I'm still missing Black & White Mario and Glow in the Dark Boo. How does Glow in the Dark Boo become exclusive to Walgreens?

I really love the look of the 4" Phazon Suit Samus which you can still find in some stores so I'll be happy to get the 2.5" version. No idea why it's labeled Gravity Suit, though they did make a 4" version of that as well.

Star Mario is sparkly like the 4" version. We also get our first or no doubt quite a few Inkling recolor. Though strangely enough this may release before the "regular" blue version does. Turquoise Inkling boy goes with the Walgreens exclusive squid. I also bought a Turquoise Squid Plush from Walgreens too. They've got the color on lock.

Acorn Plain Diorama Set (out now):
mqDEasJ_d.jpg

Toys R Us: $24.99

Important to not aside from the five figures highlighted everything else is just a flat cardboard.

pTRU1-25520985_alternate1_dt.jpg

Personally I prefered the no longer produced New Super Mario U Micro Land series.

s-l1000.jpg

For making level dioramas.

Mushroom Kingdom Castle Playset (out now):
ZLqPEaF_d.jpg

Toys R Us: $39.99

Some more images.

pTRU1-25520831_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg
pTRU1-25520831enh-z6.jpg
9zwSxNE_d.jpg

So we get a play set to use with all the 2.5" Mario figures (there are a lot). It comes with 5 figures, some accessories like the flag pole and a reusable stickable background.

Aside from the Bowser figure all the figures are previous releases. There may be a release without these old 4 in the near future for cheaper but that's unclear right now.

As you can see the scaling is pretty whack. Only Goomba appears to fit through the door. Bowser as 2.5" figure just looks super weird compared to the other 2.5" figures, like you'll see with the 2.5" Wind Waker Ganondorf further down. If a 4" Bowser is released he'll look normal. Personally I would rather they not as the 6" Bowser from the start of the line already scales well with the 4" figures.

Mario Kart Power Racers (Holiday 2017):
PD7jylb_d.jpg

Breath of the Wild: Travelers Bow and Arrow (Out Now):
Y1PfUjr_d.jpg

Toys R Us: $19.99

More pictures:

pTRU1-25218498_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg
pTRU1-25218498enh-z6.jpg

Gamestop-Exclusive 2.5" Multipacks (Fall 2017):
b4M2xLE_d.jpg

All previously released figures. Here you can see the ridiculousness of 2.5" Ganondorf compared to the others. Luckily the 6" scales correctly.

The big thing of the Zelda pack is the rerelease of Tingle from early last year.

world-of-nintendo-the-legend-of-zelda-tingle-2-5-mini-figure-jakks-pacific-4__80057.1461397866.jpg

He is apparently super rare. The only listing for him on Ebay is for $130.

I have him still in box somewhere.

Target-Exclusive 2.5" 8-Bit Multipack (Out Now):
fbRyfE1_d.jpg

Essentially a repackage of this:

1-2.gift5pack.jpg

With Toad replacing the rarer modern color 8-bit Mario.

7.5" Plush Wave 12 (Out Now)
82AQw1U_d.jpg

7.5" Plush Wave 13 (Fall 2017/Spring 2018):
Wiwcutf_d.jpg

Mario Kart Tape Racers Wave 3 (Fall 2017):
TH3XZ9I_d.jpg

4" Hangar Plush Wave 2 (Fall 2017):
bjWrtzr_d.jpg

Splatoon Splattershot Blaster (Out Now):
es9IgqX_d.jpg

Toys R Us: $29.99

nna6zE.gif

Splatoon Splattershot Mini
0v4FvQj_d.jpg

Toys R Us: $14.99

AJN5yx.gif

Refills
Nintendo-Splatoon-Splattershot-Refills----pTRU1-25520815dt.jpg

Toys R Us: $6.99
pTRU1-25520836_alternate1_dt.jpg

Toys R Us: $6.99

The YouTube review I took gifs of.

So I was expecting these to just be water guns that shot colored liquid. Instead based on video it's instead launching a water-soluble goopy substance. Which is much closer to the ink in game I'll give them that.

Overall the line seems to have slowed down to 3 major waves a year as opposed to 4 or 5. I prefer this as it's easier on my wallet.

It could also be because after it has it's own aisle in the video game section since early this year:

They are adding rereleases of early figures like regular Link, Mario, Samus and Fox.

I'm glad to see some more unique forms of Mario with Mario Maker and Dr. Mario as well as the introduction of the Koopalings to the line. I would hope this paves the way for a WarioWare Wario.

Also how hard is it to make a Daisy based on Peach's mold? Where's 4" Dixie Kong? Some more female representation would be welcome.

I'm already dreading the recolors coming.

Also once again the dream of Pit and Captain Falcon figures seems even further out of reach.

2inch5_figure_assortment_L-590x442.jpg

Come on Jakks, you can make recolors for Dark Pit and Blood Falcon. I have the Pit Figmas so I really just want Falcon.

Speaking of stuff from 2014 how about releasing Ocarina Ganondorf?

Toy+Fair+2014+Jakks+Pacific+Nintendo+007.jpg

I have Ocarina Link, Zelda and Sheik. Yeah he's ugly but that's his design from that game.

Past threads covering all the earlier figures with pictures:

03/29/16
10/03/16
03/31/17

The Best Online Resource covering all World of Nintendo Releases: http://guumba.us/index.php

It looks like it took forever to set up that OP, so I'll commend you on that.

I'd get all the Koopalings if they were available. How many of them are currently available?

Also, kinda want that Tingle figure.

...We'll see.

RedBoot

I feel like my area is generally like 3-4 waves behind, I just now came across the Metroid and KK Slider 2.5" figures.

Would love to find some of the Star Fox characters (well, I've seen the 4" Slippy, but...) or the Koopalings. Or Tingle, but it sounds like that won't be easy.

Wait those bob-ombs are RED?

What.

Red bob-ombs are good guys, black are the bad guys. Who wants to buy a bad guy bomb?

Can i get a bombette figure?

I think friendly bob-ombs are pink. Bom-ombs flash red as there are about to explode.

It looks like it took forever to set up that OP, so I'll commend you on that.

I'd get all the Koopalings if they were available. How many of them are currently available?

Also, kinda want that Tingle figure.

...We'll see.

They were just introduced. There's a 4" Iggy and 2.5" Larry. They probably won't complete the 2.5" till early 2019 and the 4" I would have no clue.

QUOTE=LightningXCE;244108146]A reprint of Fox and Falco would be grand.

Cool stuff[/QUOTE]

Fox seems to be reprinted somewhat as like I said he's one of the older figures who has been restocked. Haven't seen Falco in over a year. Right now Peppy still out and Slippy rarely.

The thread title is pretty bad, didn't know this was about figures

Sorry trying to fit stuff in the title limit. If I could add toys to the title now I would.

I think friendly bob-ombs are pink. Bom-ombs flash red as there are about to explode.

Obviously this isn't important at all but: https://www.mariowiki.com/Bob-omb_Buddy

The Bob-omb Buddies (sometimes called Red Bob-ombs) are recurring allies to Mario of the Bob-omb species. They can be differentiated from the foes by their distinct pink or red color, their silver-colored caps on their tops, instead of the usual fuse, and a silver turn knob.

The figurine doesn't seem to have the silver turn knob or lack the fuse though, so who knows.

hatchx

Banned
I don't mean to shit up the thread, but c'mon Nintendo and Lego, get in bed together.

That's the day my wallet cries. I couldn't be bothered for a single thing here.

leburn98

Thanks OP, I had spotted these World of Nintendo figures at Best Buy recently and didn't know what they were at first. From far back I thought they were Amiibo in different packaging :).

I don't mean to shit up the thread, but c'mon Nintendo and Lego, get in bed together.

That's the day my wallet cries. I couldn't be bothered for a single thing here.

Would be sweet to have some Nintendo themed Lego sets. It would also be sweet to have the room to display them :). Speaking of Lego, I would love if WB/TT Games would work with Nintendo to make a Lego Super Mario World video game or something similar.

There's a Doc action figure?

Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Yeah it started coming out months ago bit I haven't seen any around.

It makes sense as they are spreading waves out further and the next isn't due till the Fall.

The 2.5" line is advertised as having limited articulation. This usually means only the two arms and head are movable as swivel joints.

If you want more of a proper "action figure" wait for a 4" Dr. Mario.

I demand that Iggy.

Same. I'm gonna need all the Koopa kids.

That's kind of why I'm surprised they're being made at least in regards to the 4" line. Essentially only 3 figures each wave and three waves a year means it would take years for the 7 to be made.

I can see them all getting 2.5" figures.

Top Bottom