• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

scy

I had some comment about my Mythic+ chest giving me so-so upgrade of a chest (it might not even be an upgrade actually) while continuing the trend of drowning me in Crit gear.

Then I opened my emissary chest and got my second DH Legendary. Only a week to go for actually using it. Farondis really likes me I guess.
The entitlement in me wants to complain about it being the Magic DR% Cloak and not the Leech Ring but why push my luck at this point

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Our Ret Paladin disconnected at the start of +6 Mythic+ but we continued and did it anyway, it was slow but managable, as a reward Blizzard saw fit to give me my first legendary! Not the best bonus, but the stats are absolutely perfect.

twSDq0X.jpg

zarnold56

Really need to start getting into Mythic+ stuff. Only been running a couple of mythics a week and gear has really slowed down. Been at 845 in my main resto set for a while.

Strimei

LFR today was fun, the groups I got in were some colorful characters.

We had a boomkin tank, who somehow tanked very well. Somehow.

We killed Il'gywhatever in one blow. Banter all over, friendly folks. Really fun today. This is the sort of LFR I like.

And I got the trinket that sprouts tentacles from my shoulders. Everything's going great!

Magnus

Still super salty. No legendary at all yet and I've played practically religiously since launch day. Watching others get their second or third is painful. :(

M.D

I wasn't expecting having to guide a group of +5 to normal EoA mechanics.. on literally every boss

I guess this is the problem with people getting loot without actually having to do raiding/mythics

Rizzi

Not sure who I have to blow to get a legendary on my mage. :x
I really hate how legendary items work. They're kind of a big deal and they're completely RNG reliant? Yeah that's amazing design.

Fjordson

I've had really good luck in terms of well rolled gear for Enhancement. Well, I can just link it. I have often queued up and ended up with other Enhancements, and blown them out of the water. It surprises me how many folks have a much higher ilevel, but don't understand or care how important Mastery is to their effectiveness.

853 / 851 equipped, the stuff I have that is 860 is all bad jewelry that can't even validate its existence through extra main stat. The 855 ring and that hat from the artifact quest are legit ridiculous though, and I have one of the BIS trinkets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Zubeldia/advanced
74% mastery! I said goddamn. I'm only at 52% =[

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wow... TBC timewalking is clearly not balanced for lvl 110. They're easier than Legion normal dungeons. Well, I just did MT, but still... trash was dying in a few seconds, same with bosses.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow... TBC timewalking is clearly not balanced for lvl 110. They're easier than Legion normal dungeons. Well, I just did MT, but still... trash was dying in a few seconds, same with bosses.

The ilvl of the gear is sub heroic levels. I think if I waltzed into a heroic or normal right now I'd have a pretty easy time of it as well.

Sölf

That's more or less the problem with nearly all low level dungeons. They buffed HP in some of the earliest low level dungeons (no idea up to what level. 40? 60?), but that's clearly not enough. The scaling and heirlooms completely destroy low leveling.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Balance is all over the place cus I can pull the world in heroics but sometimes pulling more than one mob hurt like a motherfucker in Timewalkers.

I forgot which dungeon it was but pulling 2 mobs right before a boss got me killed in about 3 seconds.

Most trash and bosses did seem to not have a lot of HP, though.

Xeteh

You and I have the same item level, but I have 500 more Agility and a whopping 15% more Mastery (not Rating).

Really drives home the point that item level is pointless. Itemization is everything in this expansion.

Yeah, its frustrating not getting the right drops.

Renekton

Weekly chest no upgrade, multiple mythic+ no upgrades, LFR all gifted away, world boss no loot for 3 weeks in a row. No legendary. I officially have the worst loot luck in GAF.

Will level two alts then end sub to finish Steam backlog.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got a nice legendary tonight! The ring that gives my abom's attacks a 10% chance to regen a rune.

v1perz53

You and I have the same item level, but I have 500 more Agility and a whopping 15% more Mastery (not Rating).

Really drives home the point that item level is pointless. Itemization is everything in this expansion.

Gearing is really strange this expansion. How you approach it depends so much on your class. Like, there are classes where main stat is so heavily weighted that ilvl trumps all, and your gearing decisions fall almost entirely to necks/rings (no main stat) and trinkets. Then there are classes that have one secondary stat so ridiculously more powerful than the others that their optimal gear is super strange. But you also have classes that the secondaries are all close enough together that ilvl wins even on rings and necks.

I think the most interesting gearing this expansion is on tanks and healers. For example, on my Guardian druid, my absolute best DPS stat is my worst survivability stat. But doing things like Mythic+, higher DPS helps push for faster clears for more chests. So I get to balance my stats based on what my group needs, not based on which makes numbers higher like most DPS end up having to do. Similarly, a paladin healer might find mastery to be a nearly overpowered stat in a full melee group, but might skew haste instead in a full ranged group. I wish there was a way for DPS to make interesting decisions with stats like that, but the nature of how DPS works doesn't really allow it.

Strimei

Man, this bi-weekly archaeology quest sucks.

Collect 6 jewels, seems easy. Except they got REALLY low

Except they have really REALLY low drop rates off only solves or the rare spawn wisps. Whee...

v1perz53

Man, this bi-weekly archaeology quest sucks.

Collect 6 jewels, seems easy. Except they got REALLY low

Except they have really REALLY low drop rates off only solves or the rare spawn wisps. Whee...

Only time will tell if this somehow takes longer than the 25 Highborne solves... Of which I think 90% of mine were 100+ fragment solves... I miss the speed of the Spear quesline already.

Strimei

Only time will tell if this somehow takes longer than the 25 Highborne solves... Of which I think 90% of mine were 100+ fragment solves... I miss the speed of the Spear quesline already.

True. I gave up on that one because guh, 25 solves is so damn much.

What I'm worried about is what happens if the same quest comes up in two weeks. I hope it doesn't...

cdyhybrid

Tues/Wed/Fri 7-10pm pacific. Horde.

What class/spec/ilvl?

Ah, Friday is a no-go, sorry (could have been more clear about that, I suppose). But anyway, 855 Havoc DH at the moment but I'm also gearing up a Rogue (primarily Outlaw at the moment). I know there's not a huge demand for melee DPS at the moment, just figured I'd throw it out there.

LogicStep

I've had really good luck in terms of well rolled gear for Enhancement. Well, I can just link it. I have often queued up and ended up with other Enhancements, and blown them out of the water. It surprises me how many folks have a much higher ilevel, but don't understand or care how important Mastery is to their effectiveness.

853 / 851 equipped, the stuff I have that is 860 is all bad jewelry that can't even validate its existence through extra main stat. The 855 ring and that hat from the artifact quest are legit ridiculous though, and I have one of the BIS trinkets.

I was under the impression that haste was more important.

Strimei

So it took a lot of grinding, close to 40 solves, but I got the six gems.

As you can imagine, I'm a bit annoyed by it, especially as I have to do it again on my main.

And I was annoyed, until I exchanged all these crates for troll ones. I finally got Zin'rokh to come up! I've been trying to get this sword since Cataclysm.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Christ, 40 solves? That's worse than the Azsuna one isn't it?

Strimei

Christ, 40 solves? That's worse than the Azsuna one isn't it?

Its really all up to RNG.

My guildy punched it out in an hour or so with like a dozen solves.

Others are like me.

Speaking of RNG, how on earth is one supposed to get 150 of those curious coins to get the mount? I've only had three so far across two characters.

zarnold56

My first time trying the time walking dungeons and that is a neat feature. I do not miss TBC dungeons with all the trash and debuffs. So much mortal strike, fear and armor loss.

BrQr068.png

So Maddening Whispers(Wriggling Sinew) observations-
The 10 stack damage is 532,000.
However, this damage can be modified.
It can also crit within these parameters. Each stack is individually affected by these parameters.
As such, spreading the stacks when you're on Rune of Power will increase their damage exponentially. Once all stacks were transferred, I've seen it crit up to 3.1k for all applications of the effect.

I'll have to test whether the damage buff is applied when you use the item on a rune of power, or if the stacks are transferred during rune of power...

...but it's an extremely powerful trinket for a mage. Possibly the BiS with Rune of Power..

Tarazet

Gearing is really strange this expansion. How you approach it depends so much on your class. Like, there are classes where main stat is so heavily weighted that ilvl trumps all, and your gearing decisions fall almost entirely to necks/rings (no main stat) and trinkets. Then there are classes that have one secondary stat so ridiculously more powerful than the others that their optimal gear is super strange. But you also have classes that the secondaries are all close enough together that ilvl wins even on rings and necks.

I think the most interesting gearing this expansion is on tanks and healers. For example, on my Guardian druid, my absolute best DPS stat is my worst survivability stat. But doing things like Mythic+, higher DPS helps push for faster clears for more chests. So I get to balance my stats based on what my group needs, not based on which makes numbers higher like most DPS end up having to do. Similarly, a paladin healer might find mastery to be a nearly overpowered stat in a full melee group, but might skew haste instead in a full ranged group. I wish there was a way for DPS to make interesting decisions with stats like that, but the nature of how DPS works doesn't really allow it.

There are some cases where DPS can make choices based on the kind of content they're going to do most. Shadow Priest is a good example; they gear in a completely different way if they're using S2M than they do if using the other L100 talents. There are always some common-sense things you can do to maximize your damage in dungeons as opposed to raids - it's pretty well established what the best setups are for raiding, since there are tons of logs - but a lot of players will just take the Icy-Veins recommended raiding build and try to use it for everything, and often there are better solutions for general use builds.

Milennia

BrQr068.png

So Maddening Whispers(Wriggling Sinew) observations-
The 10 stack damage is 532,000.
However, this damage can be modified.
It can also crit within these parameters. Each stack is individually affected by these parameters.
As such, spreading the stacks when you're on Rune of Power will increase their damage exponentially. Once all stacks were transferred, I've seen it crit up to 3.1k for all applications of the effect.

I'll have to test whether the damage buff is applied when you use the item on a rune of power, or if the stacks are transferred during rune of power...

...but it's an extremely powerful trinket for a mage. Possibly the BiS with Rune of Power..
it is bis for mage, it scales with combustion meaning it will always crit if you use it properly and rune of power.

Damn, that's some nice mastery. Though I did try changing my stats in sim so that I went from 8k mastery 7.5k haste to 10k mastery 5.5k haste and it didn't really have that big of an impact, less than 1k dps. My trinkets don't scale with mastery, though.

Here's what I've got currently: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Kateeza/advanced

(You probably blow people out of the water just because you know how to play. Some people are bad, there's no helping it.)

Lanrutcon

Aaaaand keystone chests this week gave complete crap. Got my Feral hidden skin, which is something I guess.

Still no legendary, still no fox mount, still a grand total of 5 Curious Coins.

Fonds

Aaaaand keystone chests this week gave complete crap. Got my Feral hidden skin, which is something I guess.

Still no legendary, still no fox mount, still a grand total of 5 Curious Coins.

The game has been released for 6 weeks. 7.1 won't be released until next year.
Don't be bummed out yet, these are supposed to be super rare items. Plus you've got more than enough of time left before the next major contect update drops.

Top Bottom