• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Acidote

My raid has been stuck at Krosus MM for the longest time. We've been having problems completing the roster for weeks now, but just yesterday five people of a recently disbanded guild joined us, so that should give us some breathing room and the chance to set up a more efficient group for it. The encounter dynamics have been learnt by pretty much everyone by now, but we have some people that just aren't there in damage ( struggling hard to do 500k dps lol ) so they'll probably warm the bench now that we have more choice until it's in farm status.

We started MM quite good, it's a pity people had to quit for a while, but that's life for you. I'm sure things will speed up again a lot now, but I don't think it'll be enough to clear MM before 7.2 hits.

Hugstable

Banned
Lol so i found out there are maps that show the treasures for the treasure hunt, this really makes it a bit easier. Alot of the ones I'm finding in Frostfire seem to be much easier than what I found in Nagrand yesterday.

Lomax

Lol so i found out there are maps that show the treasures for the treasure hunt, this really makes it a bit easier. Alot of the ones I'm finding in Frostfire seem to be much easier than what I found in Nagrand yesterday.

Yeah, there's no reason to stress over any specific one, there's well over 200 total, getting 100 doesn't require any challenging ones. There's also an addon that will show you all the treasure locations. But you're right, at one point the plan was to never have flying in Drain or. But at least once you unlock it a single time it's unlocked for all of your characters.

Lain

What's the reason behind mobs tagged by people on your faction turning up grey? It's something I've been noticing for a little while. Most commonly happening during PvP Tower world quests, thogh sometimes it happens during normal WQs too.
Initially I thought about some caps on the number of people who can be on the tag list, but then it happens when there is just me and another person fighting stuff so...

What's the reason behind mobs tagged by people on your faction turning up grey? It's something I've been noticing for a little while. Most commonly happening during PvP Tower world quests, thogh sometimes it happens during normal WQs too.
Initially I thought about some caps on the number of people who can be on the tag list, but then it happens when there is just me and another person fighting stuff so...
Happens when a group of 5 players tag it.

Lain

I was looking forward to my second leg on my Affliction lock. While the cloak I got as my first has some use, I was hoping on something that would boost my dps some, instead I got a Prydaz. My second Prydaz as my second leg. Well, now I have a self shield of 520k and a second shield of 660k. I'm curious how they'll upgrade utility legs like the lock cloak or Prydaz to add throughput.

And now back to hope for the helm or something else next month.

Lain

I was looking forward to my second leg on my Affliction lock. While the cloak I got as my first has some use, I was hoping on something that would boost my dps some, instead I got a Prydaz. My second Prydaz as my second leg. Well, now I have a self shield of 520k and a second shield of 660k. I'm curious how they'll upgrade utility legs like the lock cloak or Prydaz to add throughput.

Well you should have gone to moo-champ to look at the changes to legs in 7.2 so you would have known none are coming to those two legs. Also the monk legs you dreamed about to get for your monk are getting nerfed, so lol to you.

Lomax

Are they really pushing 7.2 this quickly? Wasn't the response to Nighthold generally positive? Feels awful sudden even though Nighthold was technically in game since launch.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Are they really pushing 7.2 this quickly? Wasn't the response to Nighthold generally positive? Feels awful sudden even though Nighthold was technically in game since launch.
Have not seen that much of a positive response to Nighthold...but I guess people aren't going to complain as much when they're coming off a place like Emerald Nightmare. Tomb of Sargeras is not going to be open right when 7.2 launches.

Okay this Treasure Hunt stuff in Draenor is the worst. And expecting you to get 100 of these just to fly, when it feels like you need to fly to even obtain 95% of the damn things is ridiculous. It's like they wanted noone at all to fly this expansion. I spent a considerable amount od time checking out all the content in Panda dud to not having seen it before, but this Treasure Hunt alone is making me just want to get the hell out of Draenor and never look back. Honestly it would have been fun had they been placed normally, but it feels each one is placed in areas to troll you or to just feel as frustrating as possibly can be

I just spent an hour jumping to my death in Nagrand trying to get 2 treasures T_T

Nagrand treasures do require flying but it's free goblin gliders from stations around the zone. Where most zones it was simply a matter of paying attention to notice and collect the purple glowing thing, Nagrands little flying mini-games were actually kind of involved and fun. Plus it's not like there was a fuckload to do in Draenor at 6.0 once you were finished PVE.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Have not seen that much of a positive response to Nighthold...but I guess people aren't going to complain as much when they're coming off a place like Emerald Nightmare. Tomb of Sargeras is not going to be open right when 7.2 launches.

Haven't seen much negativity either, I think a lot of people are just kinda meh on it.

Nudull

Banned
Well, finally bought Legion and playing through with a Lv. 100 boost. Have to admit, this is the most fun I've gotten out of WoW in a long while. Decided to roll a Havoc DH as well, and the class is turning out a lot more fun than I expected (and I'm not even an Illidan fan).

Please tell me it keeps being great. :3

Tarazet

Well, finally bought Legion and playing through with a Lv. 100 boost. Have to admit, this is the most fun I've gotten out of WoW in a long while. Decided to roll a Havoc DH as well, and the class is turning out a lot more fun than I expected (and I'm not even an Illidan fan).

Please tell me it keeps being great. :3

Havoc is pretty great. Unlike previous classes that they added in WOTLK and Pandaria, they did a really solid job with it right out of the box and didn't have to do a tremendous amount of iteration, just a bit of tweaking to get the balance right. Havoc is a lot of fun and performs well across all content currently in Legion. Vengeance has a high skill cap and a lot of leeway in its talent choices, it can perform well but often doesn't for reasons beyond your control.

Xeteh

How is it that there are multiple Mage class hall missions that need Blizzard to lower the duration when there's no possible way for you to have a follower with Blizzard at that point?

Godan

Wait so 7.2 is out soon?

Not even managed to do HC Nighthold yet so need to get that done really soon before ToS comes out so i can get the achievement for it.

vocab

Havoc is pretty great. Unlike previous classes that they added in WOTLK and Pandaria, they did a really solid job with it right out of the box and didn't have to do a tremendous amount of iteration, just a bit of tweaking to get the balance right. Havoc is a lot of fun and performs well across all content currently in Legion. Vengeance has a high skill cap and a lot of leeway in its talent choices, it can perform well but often doesn't for reasons beyond your control.

Havoc in 7.0 with demonblades was easily the worst playing spec I have ever played. Glad they did away with that shit quick. I wouldnt say havoc is balanced though. Its overturned to probably to keep subs up.

Sioen

I really want to unlock flying in 8.2 but I'm still with the nightfallen at the beginning phase.. how long will this take me?

Panthers

Wait so 7.2 is out soon?

Not even managed to do HC Nighthold yet so need to get that done really soon before ToS comes out so i can get the achievement for it.

I think the raid is going to be a good bit after 7.2 releases. My guess would be 3-4 weeks but could be longer.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So ive recently come back to the game. Whats looking better right now my ww monk or enhancement shaman?

I think they are actually both in a pretty good spot, so go with whichever you enjoy more.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wait so 7.2 is out soon?

Yes it will be out soon.

Tomb of Sargeras will NOT be available when the patch drops, it'll be at least another 2 months before it's open.

Considered coming back after a couple of months away only to find out my guild of 10+ years transferred to another realm. The core is still pretty much together but it's not worth moving my characters over. I can't just move one character, all of my alts would have to come along and that's just too damn expensive.

C7DwVZ6U8AATQ4C.jpg

Thanks Blingtron!

Hugstable

Banned
Nagrand treasures do require flying but it's free goblin gliders from stations around the zone. Where most zones it was simply a matter of paying attention to notice and collect the purple glowing thing, Nagrands little flying mini-games were actually kind of involved and fun. Plus it's not like there was a fuckload to do in Draenor at 6.0 once you were finished PVE.

Finished it yesterday and my opinion on it really turned around, especially once I got the treasure maps and did other areas first. Really enjoyed some of rhe tightrope walking ones. Kinda kept going even after getting the 100 necessary for flying and now sitting at 163 treasures

lazygecko

Heroics getting buffed in 7.2. Hope that doesn't mean I can't be healer in DPS spec any more for getting super quick and easy bonus bags.

ch0mp

Afflock legendaries are not particularly strong for dps, but you have 2 of the better ones. I'm not sure what makes you think the cloak is utility; it's a straight up damage boost.

Lain

Afflock legendaries are not particularly strong for dps, but you have 2 of the better ones. I'm not sure what makes you think the cloak is utility; it's a straight up damage boost.

Reason I consider the cloak utility, personally, is because the effect is just a short time extension of the artifact buff, which is nice (it makes a 1 stack use line up with 1 unstable affliction) but it hasn't really upped my dps or my throughput in most uses (I don't usually use the buff at 1 stack).
I might be looking at it completely wrong though.

Macrotus

Was going through timeless island and saw this army of spiders belonging to a multiboxer.

My first thought was that's a lot of money but then I realized that probably it's just a bunch of linked accounts so it's only 1 mount purchase for everyone. Still creepy though!

I saw something similar the other day.
I'm not familiar with boomkins but they all had a skeleton-type of skins (aura?) riding spectral tigers and first thought "holy shit thats a lot of gold right there" and noticed that it was just multi boxers shortly after.
I saw them at Stormshield and made me laugh lol

I should have taken a screenshot...

Finished it yesterday and my opinion on it really turned around, especially once I got the treasure maps and did other areas first. Really enjoyed some of rhe tightrope walking ones. Kinda kept going even after getting the 100 necessary for flying and now sitting at 163 treasures

The treasure stuff in Draenor was pretty fun before Pathfinder. Neat little diversions that made zones worthwhile for a little longer once you unlocked the ability to buy the treasure maps (or cheated and used the add-on to reveal all treasures and rares) by clearing the PVE quest chains.

Plus there's a few seriously useful treasures. Like the Peon's Pick Axe in Spires, makes mining go super fast in Dreanor. Useful if you're a miner or just wanna clear your garrison mine faster. I make a beeline for it on every toon I level through WoD content.

Syf

Banned
Yeah it's usually faster to log out, do the hall stuff in the app, log back in than it is to do it in game. Pretty silly

Einchy

.9% wipe on mythic Tich.

And then ten or so attempts later people were dying to dumb shit in the first phase. No kill this week.

Einchy

enjoy it while it lasts. Argur will beat your guild into the ground.

They want to do Mythic Helya after Tich, so, we might delay Augur for a bit.

I'm honestly not looking forward Augur, especially cus right now I'm a tad burned out with WoW. After getting my BiS legendary, I've onlY gotten on for raids and to do a 15 on my main and alt.

I'm sure they won't but I do hope the last 3 fights get a nerf soon. I don't wanna wipe on those 3 for months and never kill them.

ch0mp

Reason I consider the cloak utility, personally, is because the effect is just a short time extension of the artifact buff, which is nice (it makes a 1 stack use line up with 1 unstable affliction) but it hasn't really upped my dps or my throughput in most uses (I don't usually use the buff at 1 stack).
I might be looking at it completely wrong though.

This is key. It allows you to cast 2 UAs and reap with only one stack, and have them both expire with the buff up. Double chance for fatal echoes, extra crit on UA ticks etc it doubles the effect of every trait while it's up.

Companion App is cool but it still takes me like five tries to get into it.

It also needs to be updated so you can use stuff like the daily WQ auto-completer or use stuff like Ball of Energy from Meatball or unit HP increasers in the app

Ugh, regression on Krosus tonight basically, but we also had a handful of new people in. Some pretty close wipes that probably would've been kills, but for some reason the RL was adamant about saving vantus runes for Spellblade.

Like, runes on Spellblade aren't gonna help if we can't re-kill Krosus man. Don't think you even really need runes on Spellblade anyway.

v1perz53

Oh man, I don't think since vanilla I've been tempted to make my character a different race/sex because of gameplay elements (male tauren totally avoiding Fankriss' mortal strike) but man am I tempted to switch my NE druid to female. Finally got to 110 on my 2nd druid (long story) who is NE male, and doing WQs and whatnot I found that NE males cannot mount a Water Strider in water, then jump and be walking on water (and if they actually can, it is super hard because I haven't been able to do it successfully) while my NE female easily can. I can get around it by using the Angler's raft first, but man is this a huge inconvenience, kinda want to swap to female...

Top Bottom