• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Tarazet

I agree it's the right choice, so long as they can sustain the rate of release. After all, there's always going to be bugs and balance issues no matter how long they test for. My concern is that 7.3 is going to hit and they're going to delude themselves into thinking that the next expansion is less than six months away, and we're going to have another massive wait with no new content. But we'll see.

I don't think most players are going to be able to exhaust all the content that Legion has. It is orders of magnitude more than Pandaria had, and that kept people busy for a while. Doing all of the content on one character took a long time. Then I got a few alts to 110 and suddenly I was in way over my head.

Got stuck with a BM Hunter/Resto Shaman duo from the same server with matching themed names in the late-stage invasion scenario for Val'sharah. The Resto Shaman was set to follow the Hunter, it basically only cast Healing Rain periodically and did sweet fuck all throughout the whole instance. Plus the player driving both toons--I sincerely hope it was one person driving both because I have played against bots on battlegrounds that were better--just wanted to corpse run through the instance past the first boss up to and through the tower to the second boss. They did so, badly, started the boss fight without me, died (how?), and then proceeded t fail at corpse running back to the top of the tower again. It would've taken less time, and cost them less in repairs, to simply play through the instance properly.

I wish I could say this was a unique occurrence but it isn't. Makes me miss the pre-Legion zerg fights against the world raid bosses so much. Those were messy and dumb but a hell of a lot more fun than being stuck with the weird crap you run into in the three player scenarios.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Anyone else getting burnt out? Starting to not really look forward to raid nights and kinda just want them to be over so I can do other things.

Jag

Anyone else getting burnt out? Starting to not really look forward to raid nights and kinda just want them to be over so I can do other things.

I am. Working on my 7th 110 and the other 6 are 850-880 geared. WQs are becoming a huge slog and i have no interest in raiding. So I think i'm out until 7.2.5 at least.

Sölf

I still haven't unlocked flying and for the most part only log on for raids and Myth+ I have 1-2 times per week. But then again, this happens in every expansion. I am actually suprised it took this long in Legion for me somewhat considering unsubbing for a few months.

Does time walking scale up legendaries? I know if you're leveling you can time walk but I was wondering what it does if you're at 110. Could I bust out shadowmourne on when time walking through mist dungeons?

Lomax

I don't think most players are going to be able to exhaust all the content that Legion has. It is orders of magnitude more than Pandaria had, and that kept people busy for a while. Doing all of the content on one character took a long time. Then I got a few alts to 110 and suddenly I was in way over my head.

"Most players" didn't exhaust everything WoD had to offer either, but people quit in droves when it was clear there would be nothing new. Sometimes it's more about perception than anything else. Plus the longer content sits the more the flaws stick out, and lord knows the Legion content has plenty of flaws.

Got stuck with a BM Hunter/Resto Shaman duo from the same server with matching themed names in the late-stage invasion scenario for Val'sharah. The Resto Shaman was set to follow the Hunter, it basically only cast Healing Rain periodically and did sweet fuck all throughout the whole instance. Plus the player driving both toons--I sincerely hope it was one person driving both because I have played against bots on battlegrounds that were better--just wanted to corpse run through the instance past the first boss up to and through the tower to the second boss. They did so, badly, started the boss fight without me, died (how?), and then proceeded t fail at corpse running back to the top of the tower again. It would've taken less time, and cost them less in repairs, to simply play through the instance properly.

I wish I could say this was a unique occurrence but it isn't. Makes me miss the pre-Legion zerg fights against the world raid bosses so much. Those were messy and dumb but a hell of a lot more fun than being stuck with the weird crap you run into in the three player scenarios.

I hate the invasion end sceneries and the fact that they used scenarios more than anything. It doesn't make them deep or interesting, it just makes them obnoxious and takes you out of the flow of fighting. At the very least they should have made them larger scale than just 3 people.

Does time walking scale up legendaries? I know if you're leveling you can time walk but I was wondering what it does if you're at 110. Could I bust out shadowmourne on when time walking through mist dungeons?

Yes it does (weapons anyway) and Shadowmourne was awesome for timewalking, but artifacts are basically mandatory right now so it's not really worth using. I loved it last expansion though.

Magnus

Oh shit! Thanks for bringing this up. Gives me a great excuse to bust out my Val'anyr when healing time walking dungeons.

Yes it does (weapons anyway) and Shadowmourne was awesome for timewalking, but artifacts are basically mandatory right now so it's not really worth using. I loved it last expansion though.

So I could bring shadowmourne, the glaives, fangs, etc to any level of time walking for fun? I always thought time walking wouldn't scale up anything if you were above that level so I wouldn't use shadowmourne in mists of cata time walking but it was good for Wrath. So weapons scale up but not armor?

Lain

Syrenne feels somewhat weak as a hunter follower to me. No pets, no feign death and she goes melee while also not being tanky aggro wise. Her aoe traps are cool but compared to Rexxar with Misha, the dmg buff and him doing feign death when I do, I feel pretty disappointed with her.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Nothing scales UP in timewalking. A BC or Wrath legendary will not scale up to Cata or mists Item level during cata/mists Timewalking.
Though to be fair I'm sure you could use Shadowmourne in at least the cata timewalking dungeons if you really wanted to, but not using an artifact gimps you pretty heavily.

v1perz53

I hate the invasion end sceneries and the fact that they used scenarios more than anything. It doesn't make them deep or interesting, it just makes them obnoxious and takes you out of the flow of fighting. At the very least they should have made them larger scale than just 3 people.

Its funny, I basically have the opposite opinion. I do every invasion that I see despite not really needing anything from them because I find them to be really fun, especially the scenario at the end. In fact, Azsuna is my least favorite zone because the solo quests before the scenario take the longest. Feels really cool to me to be going through with 2 other people doing objectives, having actual mechanics to deal with that can still be punishing if not handled properly, etc. A nice change of pace from the mindless "moonfire as many of x mob as I can and AoE them" or "fly around clicking all yellow outlined things" that WQs and solo quests are. To me, it is the one thing that puts me IN the flow of fighting, everything else is so trivial as to be incredibly boring.

But I've always been a big fan of 3 player scenarios and think they should bring them back. It is very easy to design them with punishing mechanics despite not having a healer or a tank, and a good way to "teach" players about avoiding certain mechanics. Was also nice to have something to do between long ass dungeon queues on my DPS toons in MoP.

Micapo

I let my sub lapse yesterday. I've cleared heroic Nighthold with my guild and now they want to focus more on mythic raiding and I just don't care enough.

We don't have 20 good raiders as it is now and average about 15-18 raiders with some of them under 400k dps on Krosus. They've pugged the rest and got M Scorpyron down (didn't raid that night) and want to continue along that path and I have no desire to do that.

Got flying. Leveled a couple more alts with invasions because the xp is just so good but then there's some stuff that is so annoying like getting champion follower equipment on my druid alt for example. Just let me do work orders for them but nooo. Send them on missions and hope for the best (bad RNG is bad).

Also I have terrible luck with legendaries. Been doing M+ and raiding and the emissaries and blingtron (guildie got a BiS legendary from my blingtron) and just been playing quite a lot and just got my 5th legendary on my main 2 days ago and of course it was shitty. Just like my other 4. I still don't have a top 3 legendary and I have one on the top 5 list.

Game felt frustrating so I decided to have a little break and will be back to try Tomb raiding (hehehe). Good expansion but with over the top RNG elements and annoying design desicions.

Got sephuz on my DH. First the shit belt and now the shit ring. Getting legendaries shouldn't feel this bad. And these are my only two on my DH.

To the poster above, this expansion should be called RNLegion. The absolutely absurd rng has really soured this expansion for me and my wife, especially with the inconsistency on Blizzard's part when it comes to things like balance of power. It may not be fair but I can't help but put all of this on Ion. He seems so fucking aloof and is only interested in explaining why they made some stupid ass decisions instead of listening to what people want.

Fjordson

Flying has improved my in-game mood immensely so I'm feeling okay right now lol. Still enjoy doing Mythic+ and flying is making leveling alts fun.

I've been fairly casual this expansion though so that's probably a part of it. And I took a break for like 6-7 weeks before 7.2

Got sephuz on my DH. First the shit belt and now the shit ring. Getting legendaries shouldn't feel this bad. And these are my only two on my DH.
Yeah, that really sucks.

I really dislike the legendary system overall and I don't get why they put in duds that people aren't excited to get.

Lain

Same stuff I got on my DH, though in reverse order. At least as a DH with Sephuz I get double dipping on interrupting (resources+haste). The belt is just whatever.
I wish they did something to make interrupting rewarding for other classes too.

Me, not at all, still very engaged with Nighthold (though admittedly I'm coming in probably fresher than most, having skipped the last two expansions). But a number of people in my guild have recently said they are getting burned out.

Same stuff I got on my DH, though in reverse order. At least as a DH with Sephuz I get double dipping on interrupting (resources+haste). The belt is just whatever.

man, I wish we both didn't get fucked like that. lol

The raid was laughing like "OH NICE LEGEN... MAN, THEY FUCKED YOU!" lol

Based on what I'm seeing the only decent legendaries for DH tanks are the other ring and the trinket. I could see the trinket being super cheese-able because of how I use it with my DK. Everything else is real "meh" for the DH tanks in general.

Lomax

Nothing scales UP in timewalking. A BC or Wrath legendary will not scale up to Cata or mists Item level during cata/mists Timewalking.
Though to be fair I'm sure you could use Shadowmourne in at least the cata timewalking dungeons if you really wanted to, but not using an artifact gimps you pretty heavily.

I'm pretty certain all the older legendary weapons are base scaled as being level 90 weapons as of the gear squish. So they don't scale "up" per se, but effectively they are.

Tarazet

man, I wish we both didn't get fucked like that. lol

The raid was laughing like "OH NICE LEGEN... MAN, THEY FUCKED YOU!" lol

Based on what I'm seeing the only decent legendaries for DH tanks are the other ring and the trinket. I could see the trinket being super cheese-able because of how I use it with my DK. Everything else is real "meh" for the DH tanks in general.

DK got Prydaz as his first legendary yesterday. Leaving aside the stupid soap bubble effect, it is awesome for any tank, especially one that doesn't have much in the way of damage reduction. Sephuz? Most of the tanks like Haste so it's not horrible.

DK got Prydaz as his first legendary yesterday. Leaving aside the stupid soap bubble effect, it is awesome for any tank, especially one that doesn't have much in the way of damage reduction. Sephuz? Most of the tanks like Haste so it's not horrible.

I would have preferred Prydaz to be honest. The bubble effect sucks but extra mitigation that I can count on with a demon hunter is always a plus.

I had a hell of a lot easier time in nighthold last night before the legendary dropped as well as far as keeping myself up. Did they buff up DH tanks recently? Or did my previous healer just suck? lol

*edit* real quick for you guys running alts, I can't seem to find a straight answer on this. If I get a new alt to 110, and he's basically at AK level 1, and I go do the broken shore chain to empower my weapon, can he take advantage of the quest that gets you to artifact knowledge 26 or do I need to get the compendiums for him to get him to 25 first, then go do the quest?

Not sure how many of you knew him or his work, but HayvenGames passed away after battling cancer.

He made a ton of incredible WoW-related videos. If you haven't ever seen them, you're missing out.

Didn't place the name so I thought I'd check out the videos and the "most popular" one was about not being able to fly over Silvermoon City (and other BC stuff). I remember showing that video to the missus a few months back and we both thought it was cool, inspired me to take my Judgement-clad Paladin over the hills of Eversong Wood's to get up to see the missing roofs of the city.

RIP.

Azzurri

I hate how Blizzard went full RNG on EVERYTHING. Grinding wasn't good enough to get mounts now, ya gotta grind another 10k on top of exalted for a small chance at a mount.

It's one thing to have some RNG like WoW has always had, but now everything has some dumb ass rng component to it.

v1perz53

Yea I've always liked rewarding interrupts, like old Glyph of Rude Interruption for Wars. Can lead to crappy behavior though, since any time you tie utility to a DPS gain you see people using it for DPS and not having it available for when it is actually needed. Like if interrupting boosted DPS, you would see 90% of pugs interrupt the first cast on the Maw packs with healers, and no one would have an interrupt available for the heal, or on Helya everyone would go for the first interrupt for DPS reasons and no one's would be up for the 2nd cast. Less of an issue in organized content, but still that is the one issue with that kind of thing. Like how if you have a M+ group where multiple people have Sephuz and AoE stuns, you know they are getting overlapped on the first big pull and no one is waiting to hold their stun until the first wears off.

Same reason I always hated Momentum on a DH, I liked the idea of Vengeful Retreat to escape mechanics, turning it into a DPS button removes a cool bit of utility. Same reason that I dislike that Fel Rush is an actual part of DH rotation, would've preferred if it was mobility with the added flavor of having some damage when you use it to move anyway. Or the War legendary that applies colossus smash on heroic leap, removes such a cool utility spell and makes it a boring rotational DPS ability. These are much worse to me than rewarding interrupts though, which I like as long as it is a pretty minor thing.

Tarazet

I would have preferred Prydaz to be honest. The bubble effect sucks but extra mitigation that I can count on with a demon hunter is always a plus.

I had a hell of a lot easier time in nighthold last night before the legendary dropped as well as far as keeping myself up. Did they buff up DH tanks recently? Or did my previous healer just suck? lol

*edit* real quick for you guys running alts, I can't seem to find a straight answer on this. If I get a new alt to 110, and he's basically at AK level 1, and I go do the broken shore chain to empower my weapon, can he take advantage of the quest that gets you to artifact knowledge 26 or do I need to get the compendiums for him to get him to 25 first, then go do the quest?

You get to 25 first, and then run some world quests or LFR to get your weapon up to 35 points. Makes the process quicker.

shamanick

I hate how Blizzard went full RNG on EVERYTHING. Grinding wasn't good enough to get mounts now, ya gotta grind another 10k on top of exalted for a small chance at a mount.

It's one thing to have some RNG like WoW has always had, but now everything has some dumb ass rng component to it.

At least you can get the fishing mount by grinding for like 20 hours :p

Jag

You get to 25 first, and then run some world quests or LFR to get your weapon up to 35 points. Makes the process quicker.

If you have a main that's at 30 AK, you can buy a scroll that will get your alts to 25AK and then you only have to do the research quest to 26 for the huge AP bump.

Tarazet

If you have a main that's at 30 AK, you can buy a scroll that will get your alts to 25AK and then you only have to do the research quest to 26 for the huge AP bump.

Even if you don't have that, you can buy all of the AK levels with order resources now and it's not that much.

So question for Mages who have had The Star's Design drop, what did it drop off of for you?

I've basically been running through Suramar every day clearing world quests regardless of whether there's an emissary cache or not since the first half of the Suramar campaign. I've gotten the achievements for finding all of the treasures and fighting all of the rares in Suramar hoping it might drop off of one of those. I've even been doing archaeology digsites non-stop, almost have all Pristine Artifacts for the High Elves, hoping it might drop off of that or one of the things I fight while clearing the digsite. And I am constantly farming ancient mana for Withered Training because I'm still after that fox mount.

It's the last hidden artifact appearance I need to collect for my mage and it can literally drop off of anything in Suramar as far as I'm aware. That's kind of maddening.

They're less maddening when I play with my friend, cos then there's only one variable but it matters less, except when he quits the end cinematic before I do and I end up in Tichondrius as an Alli at a quest turn-in surrounded by Horde. But yeah, I just don't like the three player scenarios either.

Moff

So question for Mages who have had The Star's Design drop, what did it drop off of for you?

I've basically been running through Suramar every day clearing world quests regardless of whether there's an emissary cache or not since the first half of the Suramar campaign. I've gotten the achievements for finding all of the treasures and fighting all of the rares in Suramar hoping it might drop off of one of those. I've even been doing archaeology digsites non-stop, almost have all Pristine Artifacts for the High Elves, hoping it might drop off of that or one of the things I fight while clearing the digsite. And I am constantly farming ancient mana for Withered Training because I'm still after that fox mount.

It's the last hidden artifact appearance I need to collect for my mage and it can literally drop off of anything in Suramar as far as I'm aware. That's kind of maddening.
I think that's true
it dropped of trash on my first nighthold normal run

Rambaldi

We wiped on heroic Gul'dan for three hours last night but we ended better than we started so I'm okay with it. We will probably kill him this week.

I also got my sixth legendary off a random turn in of Legionfall resources on a WQ I almost didn't do. It's the Lana'thel ring which lets me replace the shitty legendary boots I have on my Blood DK. That's nice.

Just fed my warrior alt 11 imbued silkweave bags and got tailoring up to 800 on my main. Can't wait to give my warrior instant 25 levels of Artifact Knowledge for 1000 Order Hall resources once it hits cap and start spamming that script every day when I first log-in to see if The Burning Plate of the Worldbreaker proc'd or not.

I want the Prot Warrior hidden appearance almost as much as I wanted Arcane's.

I think that's true
it dropped of trash on my first nighthold normal run

It dropped for me while doing that Sumarar WQ where you're at a dock and fighting waves of guards.

Can't remember exactly what mob dropped it but I was doing the Freeing The Taken WQ, so probably one of the Duskwatch Scions that drop the orbs.

So basically keep doing what I'm doing and it will eventually drop. From a raid, a dungeon, a World Quest rare, a cache, who knows.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I don't know what it is, but ever since 7.2, I seem to get hit with really bad server lag spikes or what have you in either the Broken Shore or whatever zone the Invasion is active in, on multiple different sets of linked servers.

I'm sure the zones are pretty full up, but even with the Groupfinder addon admittedly pulling some resources, this is getting pretty bad in its consistency.

Dugna

So basically keep doing what I'm doing and it will eventually drop. From a raid, a dungeon, a World Quest rare, a cache, who knows.

my alt fire mage got the appearence while killing suramar mobs for the class hall, then proceeded to get the BiS fire bracers from a kirin tor emmisary the next day, (that one where they made it a gimmie because not enough kirin tor quests were spawning).

Basically though RNG is RNG its what legion is all about.

Lain

Getting 100 marks from harder Sentinax mobs isn't gonna be too fun for me. Managed to tag 3 but only 1 dropped 2 marks.

I found Roar of the Seven Lions in an emissary cache on my hunter. Finally a nice one! Now to hope for the shoulders next before 7.2.5 with the nerf so I can experience what it's like to have 2 frenzy charges with the reset mechanic.

Got one of those class items to upgrade the class hall set armor. Weird that only 1 character out of 6 got it as a reward. Every other character got just 238 as a reward for the same WQ.

Top Bottom