• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Broken Shore is one of the worst zones I've ever seen in this game. Not only is it fucking boring overall (there's literally nothing exciting to see there), but you're forced to grind rep and spam world quests there in other to learn flying, which is a pretty big deal. Pathfinder pt.1 was tedious enough, this is just garbage.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
They mean that initially it would give you something big, like the dungeon unlock, then a week of filler like the shard times quest, then next week something big again like the class quest.. And so on. But that felt slow, so they moved all the big things forward, with the filler weeks left to make up the back half.

It means when 7.2 launched there would have been even more of a "well, that's it?" feeling as things like the dungeon might not be available right away, instead locked to future weeks. but they felt they still needed filler quests to hit a certain number of weeks, so there's just a lot of these types going forward.

The way it's turned out isn't great and Ion acknowledged that, but they really dodged a bullet by avoiding that original plan. It would have basically been every 7.2 complaint amplified if you couldn't even do Cathedral for a week or two.

True, that would be even worse.

I'm really, really curious on what their thought process leading up to all this was, though.

Also, this....

Vol'jin is dead, what update do you want?

Made me laugh (and smh), given the earlier discussion on it. Also like the 'the horde already got an extra cinematic' argument brought up....like it actually meant anything once Legion's actual story started rolling.

v1perz53

....What does this even mean? This right now, with the 'barely there' shard and sentinax quests....is the accelerated variant?

I read into this as meaning that originally, each activity was gated behind the weekly "tutorial" quest, like that the Sentinax wouldn't activate until this week when it teaches you how to go do it, and the invasions wouldn't activate until that week, etc. But they realized this was too slow so unlocked everything right away, but left the weekly quests in and now they feel dumb. If that's true I guess I'm glad they did it that way, but I've also never been much bothered by easy weekly steps.

If you don't need Exalted with Legionfall for the class mount anymore and just to finish the weekly quest chain then I'm pretty much done with The Broken Shore. I've got flying, I've got the tailoring legendary profession quest chain started, at this point I only need Nethershards for the legendary crafting mat and the BS drops. I'll complete the weeklies and fight the world bosses that can reward some decent gear but there's little to no point in doing anything else there.

7.2 is the first point in Legion where I feel I could invest a bit of time in an alt and that's what I'm gonna do once the lock-outs start to pile up on my main.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I was real glad to see exalted is no longer a requirement for the class mounts. It's the only reason I was still doing broken shore world quests, so I can comfortably stop that noise.

So happy about the reputation requirement being removed for class mounts. Getting multiples shouldn't be an issue now. This, on the other hand:

There will be a large number of people that won't be able to do it (class challenges) with Tomb or Argus gear.

I can't help but feel like I'll fall into that group lol

Tarazet

Yeah I was real glad to see exalted is no longer a requirement for the class mounts. It's the only reason I was still doing broken shore world quests, so I can comfortably stop that noise.

Blizzard's gone soft. Never would have happened that way before, prior to anyone even receiving their mounts.

v1perz53

Sweet my elite strike missions just finished and I was able to send off another set of 3 right before the Command Center got destroyed. Easiest 7500 Nethershards and 500 Legionfall Supplies of my life. And another 3 days of barely having to interact with my mission table!

tariniel

Hey guys, thinking about resubbing to get flying and then level an alt.

How's Death Knight right now? I mostly want to farm transmogs and do dungeon finder stuff, maybe some BG's. Nothing too hardcore. Right now my capped character is a Rogue and I want to try something different.

Magnus

So there's a Highmountain invasion up right now. I just did the 5 invasion WQs on my alt, great experience. But now what? On my main at 110, there was a turn-in after doing 4 and the invasion progressed all the way up to a scenario. On this alt, it's just stopped. What gives?

So there's a Highmountain invasion up right now. I just did the 5 invasion WQs on my alt, great experience. But now what? On my main at 110, there was a turn-in after doing 4 and the invasion progressed all the way up to a scenario. On this alt, it's just stopped. What gives?

If you're under 110 you don't get the ending portion, just the WQs (notice how you didn't get the 4 WQ meta quest when you entered the zone).

Also remember the quest in the north hidden under the invasion timer.

carlsojo

Hey guys, thinking about resubbing to get flying and then level an alt.

How's Death Knight right now? I mostly want to farm transmogs and do dungeon finder stuff, maybe some BG's. Nothing too hardcore. Right now my capped character is a Rogue and I want to try something different.

I've been maining a Death Knight mostly this expansion. They're great. Blood tanking is fun.

Plus they have the best class story I've played so far.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm...they (semi) broke group finder addon.

Hopefully it will help with invasion lag, but curious to see if the 'manual confirmation' can just be me hitting the enter button, or if it'll be more cumbersome.

Kind of similar in buying resource chests for alts, and you have to manually confirm every, single, purchase with a mouse click.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Mythic Elisandre is so fucking annoying.

Such a shit fight to progress in. At this point I'm completely done with NH, I can't wait until Tomb comes out.

Lain

Askmrrobot says
Agility > Critical Strike > Versatility > Mastery > Haste

Is the stat priority for WW Monk.

The Peak of Serenity spreadsheet says
Agility > Mastery > Haste > Versatility > Crit

Using SimCraft (which I'm not sure I used correctly) I get
Haste ~= Agi > Mastery ~= Crit ~= Vers

With such wildly different results, who do I believe?

Askmrrobot says

The wise seek power within themselves

The foolish seek it in others

Until you harness the power within yourself, sim bots cannot help you.

CHC

Man I really put myself in a world of hurt by only playing WoD for a couple weeks. This Draenor flying achievement is a pain in the ass.

Askmrrobot says

I just follow the icyveins guides for stat priority. There's generally a pretty concise write up backing up the stat priority...

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/windwalker-monk-pve-dps-stat-priority

About Our Reviewer

This guide has been reviewed and approved by Babylonius, a prominent Windwalker Monks theorycrafter who maintains Walking the Wind. You can follow him on Twitter: @BabyloniusMonk.

1. Basics
The stat priority for Windwalker Monks depends on whether you are interested in single target or multiple target damage.

1.1. Single Target
Agility;
Mastery;
Critical Strike;
Versatility;
Haste.

1.2. Multiple Target
Agility;
Mastery;
Haste;
Critical Strike;
Versatility.

2. Getting a Better Understanding
Agility is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.

Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.

Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.

Haste provides you with increased attack speed and Energy regeneration, and reduces the cooldown of your Fists of Fury and Rising Sun Kick.

Mastery (Mastery: Combo Strikes) causes your abilities to deal increased damage (the amount depends on your amount of Mastery) when they are not used two or more times in a row. For example, using Blackout Kick and Tiger Palm gives both of them the damage bonus, but if you use Tiger Palm twice in a row, the second Tiger Palm will no longer benefit from the increase.

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah there's no way Haste is ever the top stat for WW Monk, and certainly not going to top agility, so something went wrong on your sim.

WW is a class that kind of flip flops a lot depending on your specific character, though usually mastery always wins about. Crit and Vers I've simmed at various times to switch a bit and then after like one gear swap the other would come on top.

Tarazet

Fortune smiled on my Enhancement Shaman. Rolled Elemental loot spec to get a chance at the Frost relic off of the naga world boss. Instead I get Eye of the Twisting Nether and a 900 Storm relic from bonus roll. That naga is OK in my book.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Mythic Elisandre is so fucking annoying.

Such a shit fight to progress in. At this point I'm completely done with NH, I can't wait until Tomb comes out.

oIBX4Gi.png

If by nerf they mean delete so I can finally be done with NH, then yeah, please do that.

vocab

Askmrrobot says

Sims are wrong with haste at certain values. go with peaks. Keep haste lower than 10%, It's your lowest priority period.

v1perz53

actually disgusting.

If you were to log in now, you would be able to do all the quests up until this week's quest in one day. It isn't like it takes 11 weeks from when you first start it to get the mount. So an alt who logs in 3 months from now can do all the steps in one day and have the mount on the same day. But if you start now, you have to wait weekly for the quests to unlock (we have what, 6 weeks to go?)

If you were to log in now, you would be able to do all the quests up until this week's quest in one day. It isn't like it takes 11 weeks from when you first start it to get the mount. So an alt who logs in 3 months from now can do all the steps in one day and have the mount on the same day. But if you start now, you have to wait weekly for the quests to unlock (we have what, 6 weeks to go?)

Oh

that's a bit more palatable

Couleurs

Hmm...they (semi) broke group finder addon.

Hopefully it will help with invasion lag, but curious to see if the 'manual confirmation' can just be me hitting the enter button, or if it'll be more cumbersome.

WQGF is totally broken now and the creator posted on Reddit that there won't be updates, which is a shame since it was the best addon this expansion.

I always had autojoin turned off, since I didn't want to get put in groups automatically when I'm just passing through a WQ area, so I hoped manual confirmations would continue to work (click ok to join), but when I tried it just now WQGF says there was an error and nothing happens.

Then the Blizzard group finder wasn't showing groups either, but I don't know if it's just that no one was looking to do the WQ I was trying (unlikely since it was a Broken Shore WQ), or if it's broken also.

I get that WQGF was causing lag issues with invasions due to everyone being in the same zone realm hopping endlessly, but why couldn't Blizzard have just disabled it for invasion zones instead of disabling it entirely? (maybe it's not possible to do that only for certain zones, I don't know)

Either way, I'll miss WQGF. Blizzard's group finder isnt as good as WQGF, but maybe it'll get some improvements after this. Not holding my breath though.

TheYanger

I mean. WQGF is just using the blizz finder anyway, it's not that it can't do that stuff, it's the automation (which is what made it break the servers) that made WQGF so good to begin with. IT's not like you can't join or make a group easily, but it's enough harder to make it not something you'd bother with.

Like, I can do a WQ in 30 seconds by myself, or 15 seconds in WQGF. It's worth it when it's literally 'want a group?' and I click yes, but otherwise it's not, so I just won't do it. Extrapolate that out to large parts of the playerbase and it all just slows down.

Sucks, but having been crippled by the lag it caused, I get it.

Jag

WQGF was incredible for alts and characters that don't have tank specs. All those extra minutes add up when playing multiple characters.

I'm not surprised Blizz disabled it as it wasn't how they wanted WQs done, especially with leechers just joining groups and doing nothing. It was a good solution to lazy game development (ie: WQs).

Tarazet

Wait the world bossss drop gear?? Figured it was just the 36 gold that I always get.

Funny enough, I have 6 level 110 toons and 5 of them got gear off of Shi'van yesterday. She drops a frost relic and a storm relic, so that has potential for a lot of classes.

Zelias

Banned
Sad to see WQGF go, but if it really was hammering the servers that hard I suppose this was inevitable. I only encountered the lag myself once though and that was on the naga world boss on Broken Shore.

I hope Blizzard incorporate the auto group finding into their own world quest system at some point though. Seems like Rift has a similar system that works quite well?

WQGF alleviated some of the bugs in Blizzards system, like relisting groups that randomly get delisted after someone joins (even when the Blizz auto fill breaks).

It also did a wonderful job of filtering out people who were only server hopping 1500m away. So many times before I downloaded this addon I would get immediately joined by two or three realm hoppers. Combine this with the delisting bug for extra fun. Having to manually police a simple WQ group sort of defeats the point of grouping for a simple WQ anyway.

Wonder how much this affects a lot of the improved search and filter addons for M+ / raids that auto search in the background and filter out boost services and the like.

v1perz53

I mean. WQGF is just using the blizz finder anyway, it's not that it can't do that stuff, it's the automation (which is what made it break the servers) that made WQGF so good to begin with. IT's not like you can't join or make a group easily, but it's enough harder to make it not something you'd bother with.

Like, I can do a WQ in 30 seconds by myself, or 15 seconds in WQGF. It's worth it when it's literally 'want a group?' and I click yes, but otherwise it's not, so I just won't do it. Extrapolate that out to large parts of the playerbase and it all just slows down.

Sucks, but having been crippled by the lag it caused, I get it.

Conversely, from my perspective, WQGF was pretty much the only thing that allowed me to do WQs as someone who plays on a PvP server heavily weighted to the other faction. I can do WQs in 30 seconds by myself when no one is around, 15 seconds with WQGF, or over 10 minutes getting repeatedly camped if it is an emissary area or somewhere on the Broken Shores. It is so ridiculously hard to do WQs on my server on my faction that I routinely use an alt on my 2nd account to invite my main to a PvE server to do the ends of invasions. This addon breaking will drastically decrease my enjoyment of Legion's content, and is making me heavily consider transferring to a PvE realm.

That said, it doesn't seem like this change should fully break any chance of WQGF working, is the addon author just being salty? Doesn't seem like it would be too much work to make a popup confirmation for a group being posted, or for requesting to join groups. Sure, it would be like 5 clicks when I enter an area instead of 1, but doesn't seem different from when they changed Auction House addons to require a confirmation per item bought, instead of automating buying multiple items at a time. Hopefully someone else decides to make an addon that works this way, since it would work perfectly fine for me and doesn't seem to be THAT much of a downgrade from how it worked before. 90% of the time I apply to 5 groups or less with WQGF anyway.

Doesn't blizzard have it's own autogroup feature they just added. Or did I miss hear something?

It exists, its just so much worse than WQGF. It opens a search with that quest, but you still have to click each group and click join, which is slow and a bit annoying. Kind of like buying multiple stacks from the Blood of Sargeras vendor before 7.2, it didn't take THAT much time, but moving your mouse between two things and clicking a bunch of times was a bit tedious. If everything was just in one spot it'd be a lot better.

Lain

I just follow the icyveins guides for stat priority. There's generally a pretty concise write up backing up the stat priority...

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/windwalker-monk-pve-dps-stat-priority

Yeah there's no way Haste is ever the top stat for WW Monk, and certainly not going to top agility, so something went wrong on your sim.

WW is a class that kind of flip flops a lot depending on your specific character, though usually mastery always wins about. Crit and Vers I've simmed at various times to switch a bit and then after like one gear swap the other would come on top.

Sims are wrong with haste at certain values. go with peaks. Keep haste lower than 10%, It's your lowest priority period.

Thanks for the input!

CHC

I would love if they added a catch up mechanic or ensemble for the class armor sets. The hunter and rogue ones are amazing but I can't imagine gettting Nightfallen to Exalted a second time. A BOA rep-speed up token for that faction would be welcome.

v1perz53

I would love if they added a catch up mechanic or ensemble for the class armor sets. The hunter and rogue ones are amazing but I can't imagine gettting Nightfallen to Exalted a second time. A BOA rep-speed up token for that faction would be welcome.

That already technically exists, but not nearly as good as it could be. The rep tokens from missions become BoA when you're exalted with that faction, so you could send them from your main to your alt. Still, it is slow going since the missions are super infrequent since 7.2 for me, and they only give like 250 rep each. Though Suramar is one of the faster reps to get up on an alt, and you'll get it eventually if you just do Kirin Tor and Nightfallen emissaries when they're up.

I still wish they would use the MoP rep model again, once your main hits Revered you get a token that gives all characters double rep with that faction. Hell, make it exalted and disable it for paragon rep, but I though it was such a great system for alt catchup, no idea why they've never used it again.

Top Bottom