• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Tarazet

Two and three are along the right lines. This is wholly designed to reduce the amount of loot distributed through M+ and also change the depletion mechanic.

But your first point makes little sense with the change of the depletion mechanic because there still is no compelling reason to run a key higher than the maximum ilvl reward tier. This change doesn't fix that, so there is no compelling reason this will change.

It just makes doing M+ less desirable, both for people who need the loot and pursue it through normal groups and those who boost or get boosted. It is not some magic pill that suddenly makes everyone want to push a +19 EoA.

You still get gear and gain power level much more easily in M+ than in progression raiding. If the goal is to make it so the bleeding edge no-lifers aren't horning in on the ability for mediocre DPS players to do relevant content, then they can only do it by ruining the quality of the rewards for everyone. It's a catch-22.

Fularu

Banned
Quest about doing archaeology in Legion. I've never done it at all, anywhere, and haven't even learned it. Is it possible to jump right into doing it in Legion at zero skill or will I need to level up to 700 first? And if I have to, what's the fastest way of doing it?

You can jump in

Cartographer : I disagree. Right now I can't get into groups on my paladin or Rogue because they'Re not "high enough" while my warrior gets instant invites. Right now the same super geared people are doing most of the runs and it hardly helps push people forward (either because they get carried because they happen to have the right key for that group or because they can't run their own key in the first place because no one wants to join a group that won't guarentee them 3 chests)

Once the 3 chests mandate is gone, I'm prety sure groups will be easier to form and lead to completion with right minded people, because right now, it's not the case.

Even if someone is from a different realm, can you group up, do a trade, use the slot where the item isn't being traded and enchant their gear?

Basically this is a round about way of me asking if I can give Dog Problems a free Surveying enchant.

TF should not have been in the game to begin with. Just WF

I agree entirely.

I started playing WoW in WoD and Legion is the first time I've started to legitimately run raids outside of LFR. I've been running Nighthold for weeks, not getting anything. Then I ran the LFR wing of Nighthold with Elisande to quickly complete a part of my Legendary crafting quest and got my first legitimate tier piece ever, it was a 900ilvl titanforge from LFR. If I was only running LFR, it probably would've been amazing, but instead it just kind of pissed me off. I proceeded to get 3 other tier pieces from Normal Nighthold and the LFR piece is better than all of them by 10-15 ilvls. I know I'm not progression raiding or tackling Heroic or Mythic Nighthold like most of you are but in what world should I be getting better gear from easier content? Titanforging is stupid.

They shouldn't be changing Mythic+ rewards in 7.2.5, they should be changing Titanforging. They're addressing the symptom, not the problem.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Two shot Elisande post nerf. lol

It let us use 4 healers, instead of 3, which made everything soooo much smoother.

[edit]

Won't go as far to say it's a joke now but it's A LOT easier post nerf.

Even if someone is from a different realm, can you group up, do a trade, use the slot where the item isn't being traded and enchant their gear?

Basically this is a round about way of me asking if I can give Dog Problems a free Surveying enchant..

That would be appreciated. If it doesn't work the way you mentioned, how do I go about getting it?

Never thought I'd say this but I miss having to channel Soothing Mists and having Chi as a secondary resource. I also miss the stance switching and being a ghetto Wind Walker when I want. It's hard to judge Legion Mistweaver since I'm super low level on this Alli toon and don't have the full kit yet but it's kind of boring. I just channel Effuse or Enveloping Mists and just sort of stand there and then channel Soothing Mists. If I hadn't talented Zen Pulse I wouldn't have much to do.

Legacy dungeons are so easy that I've just started to cast Envolping Mists on tanks and start dps'ing the mobs with them.

Tarazet

Never thought I'd say this but I miss having to channel Soothing Mists and having Chi as a secondary resource. I also miss the stance switching and being a ghetto Wind Walker when I want. It's hard to judge Legion Mistweaver since I'm super low level on this Alli toon and don't have the full kit yet but it's kind of boring. I just channel Effuse or Enveloping Mists and just sort of stand there and then channel Soothing Mists. If I hadn't talented Zen Pulse I wouldn't have much to do.

Legacy dungeons are so easy that I've just started to cast Envolping Mists on tanks and start dps'ing the mobs with them.

At 110, Mistweaver will still lean heavily on Enveloping Mist.. plus TFT on cooldown and REM on cooldown. Revival and/or Vivify when you need AoE burst healing. Artifact weapon when you need single-target burst, very good tool for mana conservation.

I rarely if ever use Effuse. If I'm just doing maintenance healing on the tank I'll EM and then let SM channel, just like you are doing while leveling up in 5 mans.

Raxious

decided to level up some alts, primarily a mage and hunter, with the possibility of a Druid as well. Not doing any quests, but just quickly logging in whenever the legion assaults take place, rest of the time playing my main.

I enjoyed leveling in the Legion areas the first time, but going through them again is just such a chore.

Lain

Basically this is a round about way of me asking if I can give Dog Problems a free Surveying enchant.

I agree entirely.

I started playing WoW in WoD and Legion is the first time I've started to legitimately run raids outside of LFR. I've been running Nighthold for weeks, not getting anything. Then I ran the LFR wing of Nighthold with Elisande to quickly complete a part of my Legendary crafting quest and got my first legitimate tier piece ever, it was a 900ilvl titanforge from LFR. If I was only running LFR, it probably would've been amazing, but instead it just kind of pissed me off. I proceeded to get 3 other tier pieces from Normal Nighthold and the LFR piece is better than all of them by 10-15 ilvls. I know I'm not progression raiding or tackling Heroic or Mythic Nighthold like most of you are but in what world should I be getting better gear from easier content? Titanforging is stupid.

They shouldn't be changing Mythic+ rewards in 7.2.5, they should be changing Titanforging. They're addressing the symptom, not the problem.

While I agree TF feels out of hand this expansion, it's weird you'd get pissed off by getting a ilvl900 piece of gear from LFR, when their stated goal for TF being able to go so high was to always give people a chance at a worthwhile reward/upgrade while doing any facets of the game which rewarded gear.

At 110, Mistweaver will still lean heavily on Enveloping Mist.. plus TFT on cooldown and REM on cooldown. Revival and/or Vivify when you need AoE burst healing. Artifact weapon when you need single-target burst, very good tool for mana conservation.

I rarely if ever use Effuse. If I'm just doing maintenance healing on the tank I'll EM and then let SM channel, just like you are doing while leveling up in 5 mans.

I didn't play much MW in WoD but the weird part to me is how everything interrupts Soothing Mist. If memory serves, Soothing Mist used to be a quick insta-cast maintenance HoT that you had to constantly refresh, Effuse was instantaneous on the Soothing Mist target and had a channel when cast on its own. Now Soothing Mist is a weird HoT throttle after your channeled healing spells and everything interrupts it.

I'm definitely missing pieces not being 100 or having the artifact but it feels strange.

While I agree TF feels out of hand this expansion, it's weird you'd get pissed off by getting a ilvl900 piece of gear from LFR, when their stated goal for TF being able to go so high was to always give people a chance at a worthwhile reward/upgrade while doing any facets of the game which rewarded gear.

I've been legitimately raiding for the first time since I started playing WoW. I've been getting nothing but gold and AP for weeks, even off of bonus rolls, then I get a better piece of gear from easier content than I've been able to earn from a higher difficulty since. I'll probably have to run Heroic Nighthold to get a better piece of gear to replace a piece from LFR.

LFR should not reward better gear than a normal raid. It doesn't feel rewarding, it doesn't feel like I earned it. It's pure dumb luck, it's totally haphazard.

mclem

They need to add more respawn points to Lower Kara keys. Such a punishing walk back.

You know about the shortcut from the entrance into the ballroom, right? A surprising amount of people don't!

In old Kara it used to open on Moroes's death, I'm not sure what criteria it uses now; possibly the same.

Edit: Actually, I've not done Lower Kara Mythic+, I suppose it's possible the way the two halves are locked from one another would prevent you from taking that?

Corpekata

Banned
You know about the shortcut from the entrance into the ballroom, right? A surprising amount of people don't!

In old Kara it used to open on Moroes's death, I'm not sure what criteria it uses now; possibly the same.

Edit: Actually, I've not done Lower Kara Mythic+, I suppose it's possible the way the two halves are locked from one another would prevent you from taking that?

The one you are talking about is the same, but in Lower Kara Moroes is effectively the final boss so there's no real shortcut opened, though you can opt to kill Moroes 3rd and possibly use it as a shortcut to Attumen on a runback, though I didn't check how it sectioned us off. On Upper Kara keys it forces you onto Curator's stair path so I'd imagine some routes are locked.

For me it was a bad pull around Moroes with 3 of the pink arcane blob thingies nuking our group (AOE debuff for like 1.5 million damage on 3 people, plus Quaking, plus packed areas meant people not spread far enough out), as well as a healer that released once when they shouldn't. Probably added 5 minutes onto the timer.

mclem

The one you are talking about is the same, but in Lower Kara Moroes is effectively the final boss so there's no real shortcut opened, though you can opt to kill Moroes 3rd and possibly use it as a shortcut to Attumen on a runback, though I didn't check how it sectioned us off. On Upper Kara keys it forces you onto Curator's stair path so I'd imagine some routes are locked.

Ah, I generally do Moroes third anyway, unless someone needs the basement. So much less trash if you jump off the balcony next to the opera house entrance directly into his room.

But that said, that's without making any considerations about trash percentages; possibly that skips too much stuff. Could perhaps alleviate it by clearing more of the ballroom?

Lain

I just had the BM Hunter boots drop for me which I found surprising since I received the belt not too long ago. Elisande LFR even coughed up the set helm finally. It was a good day.

Tarazet

I didn't play much MW in WoD but the weird part to me is how everything interrupts Soothing Mist. If memory serves, Soothing Mist used to be a quick insta-cast maintenance HoT that you had to constantly refresh, Effuse was instantaneous on the Soothing Mist target and had a channel when cast on its own. Now Soothing Mist is a weird HoT throttle after your channeled healing spells and everything interrupts it.

I'm definitely missing pieces not being 100 or having the artifact but it feels strange.

You're not missing that much being level 100, and all the artifact gives you is a free single-target heal that builds charges over time, and becomes more powerful the longer you don't use it. In 5 mans MW is great, mobility and utility with lots of burst healing. In raids it is super easy to run out of mana because the raid healing abilities are very costly. You have to either do single-target or raid healing, not both.

If Mistweaver is more than viable in 5 mans in current content, that's mostly what I'm concerned with. I dunno if I'll be able to PUG raids as easily as a BM main/MW off-spec as I can a Mage--I do not want to try and tank raids yet--but it should help me get into or create my own Mythic0/+ groups more easily.

lazygecko

Having one of the worst BG losing streaks in over a year now thanks to the unholy alliance of BG bonus week and children's week achievement hunters opening the floodgates for non-pvpers. Really frustrating.

Enosh

wowscrnshot050517125515.jpg

looks pretty cool and matches the heroic NH set

finally managed to do it, took like a month ^^, 903 ilvl and iirc 46 traits, probably had some 40+ tries on it I think, is there any way to check?
could have probably done it with less traits but kept making silly mistakes that killed me and RNGesus was very generous on the kill with his positioning on the arcane phase when he hides

Lain

Getting my mage to 110 slowly through invasion while also working on the class quests (Archmage Vargoth's Travels), I noticed something funny. The Follower missions for mages, the ones that are level 102, ask for a counter (Blizzard) that only followers at 109 minimum have and this makes the missions take longer. So instead of the missions taking 2 hours (1 hour if I could counter) they take 3. I can only guess how much longer it would take before the time decrease for everyone.
A little search shows that not only was this reported back in Septmber of 2016, but it was also reported in Beta. And you guys say Blizzard loves mages.

Well Feretory of Souls is now the last possible leg I can get for destro. So at least I know I can look forward to it like that? -_____-

Zelias

Banned
Used invasions to get all classes to 110, heh. Got the 1000 PvP kills tint for my Mage's hidden appearance as well. Next up, more mount farming and the dungeons hidden appearance tint.

How do Legion Invasions work? I'm so confused. I've gotten to 100 got my artifact and I'm so lost and confused. Why do these legion mobs one shot me? I'm confused.

Lain

How do Legion Invasions work? I'm so confused. I've gotten to 100 got my artifact and I'm so lost and confused. Why do these legion mobs one shot me? I'm confused.

The Invasion mobs oneshot you because, despite scaling down in level and stats, they are still stronger than normal mobs your level, so they have a lot more HPs as well as hitting much harder.

Invasions are a glimpse of what you'll be doing at 110. 6 world quests pop up when an Invasion is active and you have 6 hours to complete them to get a nice boost in exp as well a some lesser rewards (while leveling up). At 110 the rewards will be nethershards (to acquire gear and special items, like the 500 int-str-agi/750 sta one) + gold/resources/ap/gear and the ability to complete a scenario for some more rewards (gear, ap and nethershards).

The Invasion mobs oneshot you because, despite scaling down in level and stats, they are still stronger than normal mobs your level, so they have a lot more HPs as well as hitting much harder.

Invasions are a glimpse of what you'll be doing at 110. 6 world quests pop up when an Invasion is active and you have 6 hours to complete them to get a nice boost in exp as well a some lesser rewards (while leveling up). At 110 the rewards will be nethershards (to acquire gear and special items, like the 500 int-str-agi/750 sta one) + gold/resources/ap/gear and the ability to complete a scenario for some more rewards (gear, ap and nethershards).

I didn't get these WQs. Where do I get them? I literally went to HM where the Invasion was and tried fighting only to die. I 1 group and they auto-kicked me for being too low of an ilevel. So clearly these invasions are structured towards 10 only.

cdyhybrid

So it turns out the recent concerns over the win-trading bans weren't entirely unfounded

We’ve recently taken action against a number of accounts involved in win-trading in Rated Battlegrounds. This is a clear violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Service, as well as the spirit of competitive play.

When we took these actions, we believed that the accounts being affected were used primarily by seller agencies, who exchange in-game wins for real-world currency, and not for normal gameplay, and so they were issued permanent closures. Once those actions were completed, we started hearing from players whose accounts had been affected but were not affiliated with a seller agency.

We then began an immediate re-investigation of all accounts. That investigation concluded that there were indeed some players caught in this action who should not have been hit with a permanent account closure. Those that were not involved with seller agencies but still found to be purposefully involved in win-trading have had their closures reduced to a suspension, with a duration fitting the severity the win-trading they participated in, and beginning on May 1st (the date we applied the initial closures). For some extremely minor offenses, that duration was short enough that it has already been lifted. Affected players should have received an email that indicates the corrected action.

We also discovered a small number of players whose accounts had been closed but had not engaged in any win-trading at all. We are deeply sorry to have punished those players incorrectly, and in addition to overturning their account closures, we have issued them with 30 days of additional game time as an apology.

We’d like to make it clear that we have fully identified the error that caused this issue to occur, and can be confident in saying that future actions do not make the same mistake. That said, we’d also like to remind players that win-trading in order to earn things like Honor, Artifact Power, or Achievements is still win-trading, and is subject to the same punishments as win-trading in order to gain rating.

Again, we apologize for the inaccuracies of our original actions. While we remain committed to upholding the integrity of rated play, we will take more care to ensure that the correct actions are taken in the future.

Most of the people that got got probably were still involved in win-trading, but it sounds like there were indeed some false positives.

Now that I'm 100 and entering legion I feel defeated to say the least. I really and earnestly do feel defeated. Do I really need 800+ ilevel to survive against anything here? Speakin of which Frost DKs have a real hard rotation and i'ts frustrating me to no end.

Now that I'm 100 and entering legion I feel defeated to say the least. I really and earnestly do feel defeated. Do I really need 800+ ilevel to survive against anything here? Speakin of which Frost DKs have a real hard rotation and i'ts frustrating me to no end.

Switch to Blood if you feel like you're having troubles surviving PVE as a DK.

Panthers

If you are 100, all you need to do is follow quest lines. Stay out of invasions if they are too difficult. Those are mainly ment for 110 players. Focus on questing and leveling and before you know it you will be 110 and you will unlock world quests.

Edit: I think I ment to reply to your earlier post. I find Frost a lot of fun but if you are having issues, you can try Blood. It's very hard to die as blood when leveling.

Corpekata

Banned

Level 100 just feels rough because it's scaled around expecting you to have like Draenor gear that's decent while you're likely in quest greens from there. Get the artifact weapon and a full set of legion greens and things level off.

As far as invasions go, I would hold off till around 102 or 104, but they are more than doable early on. The game scales your damage and the damage you take in them while you're levelling as well as in normal dungeons.

The scaling in Legion is pretty whack if you're not 100 and/or have an equivalent item level from WoD's end-game or the pre-Legion invasion event gear. Any tank spec can overcome that weird gap in the scaling and the difficulty quickly smooths out once you have some basic Legion PVE gear.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I managed to duo heal normal Nighthold with a paladin on Mistweaver yesterday (normal, yeah, but given our gear...) and it wasn't that bad. MP concerns were definitely a thing, and on Mythic MP pool would probably get devastated, but on this level I was pretty evenly on HPS with the paladin and even solo healed Elisande from almost the start to 30% of phase 3 when the paladin disconnected.

Blizzard clearly wants to pretend Soothing Mists is our primary source of healing but it's impractical when it's so slow and the only real mechanic that goes with it is the Yulon statue, and it's not much. They need to do something about MP, but they might fear that if our AOE abilities were more spammable Mistweaver would get a bit too strong.

But then again, nobody is out to stop Druids from being so strong in healing.

Tarazet

Use Frostscythe if you think the rotation is difficult. You have 3 buttons plus a couple of cooldowns, and that's it. It removes Obliterate from your rotation entirely.

Arthos

Got my first legendary yesterday from a worldquest that nice trinket Archimonde's Hatred Reborn.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=144249/archimondes-hatred-reborn

Very nice for my bear tank right now.

I want this so much on my Demon Hunter.

Grats on the legendary!

Recently got back into the game and now have my Demon Hunter at 869 ilvl and my priest at 879 or so. I still need to unlock my third relic on my DH and am only on the quest that requires me to get an item from normal Vaults. I need to get that done ASAP.

I'm liking the island and the structure of the quests. The invasions are fun if only but a bit annoying because of the random times they happen. Still, I'm going to see if I level up my DK or my Warlock through them. How are Locks right now? I haven't REALLY played one since BC. Fun?

Tarazet

I'm liking the island and the structure of the quests. Te invasions are fun if only but a bit annoying because of the random times they happen. Still, I'm going to see if I leave up my DK or my Warlock through them. How are Locks right now? I haven't REALLY played one since BC. Fun?

I have a lot of alts at 110 right now, but out of all of them, I've been playing a Destro Lock the most lately. I got lucky to get the Feretory of Souls legendary right away, and I went for the Nighthold 2-piece set as well from LFR. I tried a number of different talent setups before settling on Backdraft, Empowered Life Tap, Fire and Brimstone, Grimoire of Service, Soul Conduit. That provides you with strong AoE tools, as well as really good single-target burst if you blow all 3 charges of your artifact weapon. You give up way too much AoE capability using Soul Harvest over FnB.

After playing a Shaman and a Fire Mage for the early part of Legion, it is gratifying to be so tanky. Destruction is super durable.

Hugstable

Banned
Hmm thinking of a third class to start leveling now. My Shammy is sitting at 897 ilvl and my Tauren Warrior is newly at 110. Feel like I want to give a ranged caster class a chance, what's more fun to play between Mages and Warlocks? Also which has the more interesting order campaign? Been thinking about doing a DK sometime as well since I heard it has a really interesting order campaign.

carlsojo

Hmm thinking of a third class to start leveling now. My Shammy is sitting at 897 ilvl and my Tauren Warrior is newly at 110. Feel like I want to give a ranged caster class a chance, what's more fun to play between Mages and Warlocks? Also which has the more interesting order campaign? Been thinking about doing a DK sometime as well since I heard it has a really interesting order campaign.

DK has the best order campaign by far (that I've played). Rogue was pretty good too.

Priest and Shaman were the wooooorst.

Locks were somewhere in the middle but overall it was a fun experience.

Haven't started my mage yet. I played the intro back on the beta and it was pretty cool though.

Nokterian

DK has the best order campaign by far (that I've played). Rogue was pretty good too.

Haven't started my mage yet. I played the intro back on the beta and it was pretty cool though.

Druid is also very solid.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Can confirm that Blizzard fixed fuck all with the Warrior DCing bug. How is this STILL a thing after this long?

When did they unlock the quests for Throne of the Tides? Haven't done Vashj'ir at all on my DK and saw the quests were available. Greatest change ever.

I feel bad for anybody that tried to kill a bear in the brawl this week. Fun brawl though. I'd rank them Winter Arathi, this one and then the gravity EotS so far.

I didn't really like DK, but I've never really been all that into them as far as lore goes, anyway. Just not my thing.

Mage might have been the worst for me because it seems to be the most forgettable. I just didn't care all that much about what was going on. Shaman gets a shout out for being seemingly pointless and anti-climatic
in addition to the whole Neptulon thing. And the Magatha thing. And unless they fixed it on the PTR, the mount thing, too.

I liked rogue, though I know a lot of Horde rogues just sort of scratch their heads at it.

v1perz53

I actually quite liked the Shaman campaign, though I've always had a fondness for the elements. And Cata was one of my favorite expansions, so going back to Firelands, Vortex Pinnacle, and Deepholm to say wassup to Therazane was pretty cool to me.

Druid is also very solid.

On the other hand, I thought the Druid campaign was crap, and I did it twice. A whole bunch of nothing happens, and in the ending scenario they could've done so much with it with you going around helping the ancients and whatnot, but you kill 6 infernals, fill the bar to 100% and you're done. Really felt lacking in epic-ness, mostly for the final scenario.

CHC

Got my second legendary for Fury today. It's Naj'entus's Vertebrae - pretty happy with that. The first was the bubble-necklace, which I wasn't thrilled about, though it can be kind of helpful for soloing.

Can confirm that Blizzard fixed fuck all with the Warrior DCing bug. How is this STILL a thing after this long?

It's really annoying. And on top of the crash, it resets some odd settings in my interface tab (locks action bars and turns off scrolling combat text, for some reason), so every time I crash I have to re-enable those settings. It really fucks with your head! I don't even risk any more, for the most part. I either do class hall stuff via the app or I use whatever hearths are available to get out of there, even if it means going Garrison -> Ashran -> Orgrimmar -> Dalaran. Beats a DC and a Being John Malkovich-esque dump out in the back end of Aszuna....

Faiz

Early on Legion definitely can be rough without later draenor gear. I went in on my mage at 98 and only had greens from first couple draenor areas. But like others said, it really evened out after getting Legion greens. Just stick with it.

You'll experience something similar when you hit 110.

Top Bottom