• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Sölf

Hey you guys wanna see a new mount?

DDczBrXXoAEegi2.jpg

This is the likely mount's description:

Ur'zul
Formed from the tormented bodies and souls of fallen members of the Army of the Light, the Ur'zul is both fascinating and horrifying.
Drop: PH

We Dark Souls now.

I love it. Also, I thought 7.3 would be at least 1 more week off, but okay.

All these models, dat lore. I am so fucking hyped. <3

Nokterian

Those tier 21 sets are beautiful, i really like the one from the DK looks better than T20 to be honest. And seeing what there doing with this patch, hopefully they go full bananas with everything since Argus is a tormented and twisted world.

By the looks of it and seeing that mount there going just for that, i like it.

Nere

Argus will have 3 zones? Damn wonder how big those will be. I mean Legion launched with 5 zones, 7.3 feels like a mini expansion.

Shahadan

but we're also designing areas with sandbox elements intended to be enjoyed even after you complete the main quest, with gameplay and challenges on the planet's surface reminiscent of past endgame areas such as the Molten Front, the Isle of Thunder, and the Timeless Isle.

I like how they avoid talking about Tanaan Jungle

Also, new xpac announcement at Blizzcon then? :x

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It appears logging in with a priest character is currently riddled with errors on the PTR. I just get an Assertion Failure quickly after entering the server. Rarely can I move a bit before the game crashes. Others are experiencing this too: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757446645

Hopefully this will be addressed later today (June 29).

mclem

I'm not interested in playing again but I'd like to know did the story progress at all? I stopped playing shortly after ToV came out

Short answer: Yes.

Longer, spoilery answer:

Grand Magistrix Elisande has been deposed, the Suramar storyline has been resolved, Gul'dan is dead, Illidan is back, and we're now headed into the Tomb of Sargeras to defeat Kil'jaeden.

And there's more story stuff after this raid, too, although I've not actually finished it yet (and I've resisted watching the video) but there's definitely another chapter on the way.

mclem

Argus will have 3 zones? Damn wonder how big those will be. I mean Legion launched with 5 zones, 7.3 feels like a mini expansion.

They seem to be using the term 'area' rather than 'zone', dunno if that implies something about scale.

NeoCross

So as someone who's interested in diving back in, how long does it take for one to catch up to the current raiding scene standards? I haven't played in 3 years(?) since WoD launched and I'm hearing really good things about legion.

Also....Warlock or Rogue?

Corpekata

Banned
So as someone who's interested in diving back in, how long does it take for one to catch up to the current raiding scene standards? I haven't played in 3 years(?) since WoD launched and I'm hearing really good things about legion.

It's relatively easy to catch up now. Currency drops from invasions for 880 gear when the newest raid drops 900ish. Basic mythics drop 865 and with the M+ system it's not very hard to get to a point of dropping raid ready gear.

Artifact Power might be a bit of a catch up but not nearly as bad as it was a few months ago.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The mythic shaman tier is outstanding. Full troll boner.

Fjordson

Love the DK and shammy sets, whew! May have to focus on my shaman next tier for that.

Good to see since I honestly haven't liked most of the shaman sets over the years, even the PvP ones.

Not that difficult. Within a few weeks I'd say, though you also have to worry about artifact power.

But that's just the gear aspect. Actually getting into groups for content relevant to you is another story and requires a lot of luck or a guild.

Leveling up another DK is interesting (haven't played in 3 years). Things have just been dying in a couple of hits, and it kinda makes DOTs pointless to worry about. Frost has been destroying things, so I switch to Unholy, and things die even faster. Game sure has changed since it came out (duh, heh). CC and pulling things properly was such a concern, and now there is zero risk of death, unless you do something crazy.

Still having a blast, but I'm not crazy about how all the classes play now.

erawsd

Shammy set looks awesome, though it does remind me how stupid it is we still have hunchback Orcs in 2017. The belt clips through the robe, which is common with many of the new 3D belt models.

Ehhhhhh, I wouldn't necessarily say it's easy to catch up.

Just basic pieces of gear aren't that hard to get, especially if you have a support group to carry you through stuff.

Artifact Power is a non-issue - you can get caught up in a couple weeks to concordance which is all you really need at this point.

The real problem if you want to be at all competitive will be legendaries. If you get boned on those you're done unless you want to sink a lot more time into the character. My acquisition rate for them has been about 9-14 days lately for example, so at best you're looking like 3-4 months for a single spec to have them all. If you need to play multiple specs, well, good luck. At least right now if you roll a new character their legendaries will all be 970.

Like if you get Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish and something else shitty (especially a multi-spec one) as your first and second, you almost may as well delete the character. Or roll up another one.

Syf

Banned
the tier 21 sets look fucking awesome. why are the tier 20 ones black temple reskins
Honestly 7.2 pretty clearly had minimal work done to make things passable and give us something to do, while 7.3 looks like the real meat of what Blizzard's been working on for patch content.

Fjordson

Ehhhhhh, I wouldn't necessarily say it's easy to catch up.

Just basic pieces of gear aren't that hard to get, especially if you have a support group to carry you through stuff.

Artifact Power is a non-issue - you can get caught up in a couple weeks to concordance which is all you really need at this point.

The real problem if you want to be at all competitive will be legendaries. If you get boned on those you're done unless you want to sink a lot more time into the character. My acquisition rate for them has been about 9-14 days lately for example, so at best you're looking like 3-4 months for a single spec to have them all. If you need to play multiple specs, well, good luck. At least right now if you roll a new character their legendaries will all be 970.

Like if you get Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish and something else shitty (especially a multi-spec one) as your first and second, you almost may as well delete the character. Or roll up another one.
Lmao, I forgot about that but that's definitely true. 2-3 bad legendaries out of the gate and you're cooked for a while. Such a shit system.

My enhance shaman started out with the healing legs and Prydaz and thus was pretty lackluster for months.

Corpekata

Banned
I mean, if he's looking to get into Mythic raiding, sure, it's hard to get caught up especially if bad luck with legendaries, but I guess I just assumed he wasn't looking for that with what he said.

But if he's looking to raid just generally, it's a pretty easy catch up, even if you're just getting some bullshit like Timeless Strategem.

Dude, this quest is complete BS. How am I supposed to get 5 wyrmtounge caches when everyone is constantly camping them? I'm sock sick of this RNG blizz does. It's hard enough finding them, but, now you have to pray nobody else catches them? That's such BS it's not even fun. Is there a map or anything I can use?

TheYanger

Dude, this quest is complete BS. How am I supposed to get 5 wyrmtounge caches when everyone is constantly camping them? I'm sock sick of this RNG blizz does. It's hard enough finding them, but, now you have to pray nobody else catches them? That's such BS it's not even fun. Is there a map or anything I can use?

They all respawn like every 10 minutes, and if someone else loots it it still stays there for like 15 seconds, IE: you can loot ones that other people loot.

Jag

What's the best spec to level Warlock in Legion? Going to level this lock slow, so i'll probably only do one artifact most of the way. Looking for soloing and good dps.

Syf

Banned
What's the best spec to level Warlock in Legion? Going to level this lock slow, so i'll probably only do one artifact most of the way. Looking for soloing and good dps.
Aff and destro are both looking good right now so it depends which style you prefer, dots or not. Demo is a bit behind but still viable if pets are your thing. I feel strong playing solo as both aff and destro, although I prefer aff in pvp.

Tarazet

Aff and destro are both looking good right now so it depends which style you prefer, dots or not. Demo is a bit behind but still viable if pets are your thing. I feel strong playing solo as both aff and destro, although I prefer aff in pvp.

Demo is behind the other specs AND it is extremely weak in world content. I took mine all the way up to ilvl 908 hoping that I would see the light, and it never really got better.

RPGCrazied

Is there a place to watch the tomb of sargeras raid? Just the story bits? Really don't have time to raid just want to see the story before 7.3.

Not having luck with Youtube.

They all respawn like every 10 minutes, and if someone else loots it it still stays there for like 15 seconds, IE: you can loot ones that other people loot.

I get that but, the goddamn map in-game is so terrible and navigating the BS is a nightmare without flying. I'm so ready to be done with this BS.

mclem

Also, if you're not in any hurry, wait until the Mage Tower is up - the bonus chests for that also count for the quest, so they'll be more plentiful.

It's easy-ish to catch up with basic gear, Artifact Knowledge and Power but Legendaries are incredibly problematic and, to a lesser extent, so are Relics.. Legendaries are pure RNG, you'll have to farm a lot of raids and M+ to up your chances of getting Legendaries but you have no control over which Legendaries you'll get. Some Legendaries are BiS and provide a dramatic increase in your output.

I'd say choose a Warlock because you'll have an easier time getting into groups as a ranged dps and because you can summon people to dungeons and raids when you PUG. You might even get carried by some groups simply because of the utility of summoning. Getting around to the dungeons and raids might be a bit problematic given you won't have flying and everyone else will.

You'd likely struggle to do group content beyond the low hanging fruit of Heroic dungeons and LFR via the finder and maybe some low level M+ dungeons as a sub-900ilvl melee dps unless you have a support group to carry you through content and help you gear.

Nista

The mythic shaman tier is outstanding. Full troll boner.

Even as a troll shaman, I don't like the belt. I had the same problem with the ToT set, giant skull belt buckles just look dumb on female models. Also not a fan of frontal protruding spikes, which manage to clip through things.

But I don't raid Mythic, so it'll be a year or two before I'd have to worry about it anyway.

carlsojo

I like how they avoid talking about Tanaan Jungle

Also, new xpac announcement at Blizzcon then? :x

Next expansion:

Return of the Lich King
Death Knight class campaign is basically Make the Scourge Great Again

Rise of the Lich Queen
Cinematic of Jaina fighting and killing the Lich King and putting on the helmet = yes.

World of Warcraft 2
There's no way they can immediately top the scale of Legion so I hope they dial it back like they did in Pandaria. Flinging us into the future and exploring Vanilla zones Twenty-Fifty-100? years later would be really really fun I think.

mclem

Melee heavy group
+ Maiden pops shield
+ Unbound Chaos

= Ouch

And it's not even a fight where you've got much leeway to strategically postpone transitions.

Still, down! Just Kil'jaeden to go for Monday. That... looks like a doozy.

Top Bottom