• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Nether Disruptor is up on NA realms so if you have no gear, join a raid in custom group finder and do portals. Search keyword "nether" will generally find what you want. Ideally bring some of your own portal disruptors (you can buy them off the AH if you don't have shards yourself or on alts, they're not bound), but if it's a big group people probably won't notice too much unless it becomes really apparent that most everyone is leeching.

You'll get a piece of dauntless gear for each rare you kill, plus supplies, and a sentinax beacon.

Typically you'll go around the coast first, and do any portals in mid last.

Though I should say this is really more for alts or if you have a friend willing to carry you around. If you don't have flying already yourself, you won't get much sympathy. Particularly since two-person mounts can muck up the mass looting, which already has lag.

Lain

I love it when the Disruptor goes up before a maint because then that means getting a chance at loot twice (OK, 4 times with the bonus rolls) on the shore World Boss.

iirate

Aren't the quest rewards from even leveling through Legion quite a bit higher than 650? Like how?

Invasion leveling = very little gear, if any. My last few characters were all 650-700 ilevel when they dinged 110(things are a little better with 110 heirlooms, but not much).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Invasion leveling = very little gear, if any. My last few characters were all 650-700 ilevel when they dinged 110(things are a little better with 110 heirlooms, but not much).

Yup thats what happened with my pali. Somehow hes already my second best geared character now tho lol (880 with no legendary, best being my hunter at 884 with 1 legendary)

I wanted the invasion, I was at the finale twice and got booted for no reason. Now I can't rejoin because, I have a deserter buff. That's such BS. I told them I couldnt really do much as I had a 650 ilevel. They still booted me when I died.

How are you 110 and only 650ilvl? Clearing Legion's 4 PVE zones alone should net you a 800ilvl gear average. World Quests and Dauntless tokens should net you 850 in no time.

Did you just boost to cap through invasions?

I haven't even started Suramar yet, so no world quests, and my gear is already like 801. Seems like that class armor set is going to be useless by the time I get it. :/ It's my fate to always look like a mismatched circus clown in these games, since I'm too cheap to transmog gear that will be replaced so often. It would have to be transmog the slot for me to use it I guess, but that wouldn't be a gold sink.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dont think im a fan of Arms :(

Victory rush is great for outdoor content and the art ability looks dope but thats about it. Animatiosn have nothing on Fury :/

Race? Tauren looks beastly swinging a 2h weapon around. Opportunity strikes is hilarious too. It's like he just goes crazy when it starts proccing in battle.

male dog. Nothing beats that Rampage animation man :(

spec wise, as in mechanics, its probably more up my alley since it seems like a much simpler spec, which im particularly into these days (Beast Mastery in my go to Hunter spec and I kinda fell in love with Ret Pali, both of which are very simple).

dont think im a fan of Arms :(

Victory rush is great for outdoor content and the art ability looks dope but thats about it. Animatiosn have nothing on Fury :/

Race? Tauren looks beastly swinging a 2h weapon around. Opportunity strikes is hilarious too. It's like he just goes crazy when it starts proccing in battle.

Why is this still a thing at level 110, for a quest you have to be 110?

9omoJgw.jpg

Not 2g. 1g83s50c.

Jag

I haven't even started Suramar yet, so no world quests, and my gear is already like 801. Seems like that class armor set is going to be useless by the time I get it. :/ It's my fate to always look like a mismatched circus clown in these games, since I'm too cheap to transmog gear that will be replaced so often. It would have to be transmog the slot for me to use it I guess, but that wouldn't be a gold sink.

Funny you said that because I just mogged the hell out of 6 toons using pvp marks of honor today. I love the one I used on my Rogue. Once you get world quests, you can do some that give 5 marks each. I use the insta complete that some toons have in their class hall and have over a hundred marks without doing any pvp.

12 marks is a full season PVP set. Go take a look at some of the cool sets in preview and get some marks for it.

Funny you said that because I just mogged the hell out of 6 toons using pvp marks of honor today. I love the one I used on my Rogue. Once you get world quests, you can do some that give 5 marks each. I use the insta complete that some toons have in their class hall and have over a hundred marks without doing any pvp.

12 marks is a full season PVP set. Go take a look at some of the cool sets in preview and get some marks for it.

Marks without pvp? I swear I have no idea what's going on in this game anymore. :D

Welp, I thought I could just roll through this warrior class quest chain, but now I need 40 items that have a chance to drop from dungeon bosses, and there is a 20 per week cap? I....but....it's just....you see.....why ..... and it's listed as heroic...so normal dungeons don't even drop them?

Jag

Marks without pvp? I swear I have no idea what's going on in this game anymore. :D

World Quests have some pvp objectives but it's basically PvE even though you are flagged, unless it's an arena based WQ. Best to do it in a group which are always available.

Rhaknar

Welp, I thought I could just roll through this warrior class quest chain, but now I need 40 items that have a chance to drop from dungeon bosses, and there is a 20 per week cap? I....but....it's just....you see.....why ..... and it's listed as heroic...so normal dungeons don't even drop them?

do you mean The Hunt for Illidan? Thats the only quest I know that needs 40 things from heroic bosses, and thats not part of the campaign. Are you sure you dont need 40 things from those garrison champion quests?

do you mean The Hunt for Illidan? Thats the only quest I know that needs 40 things from heroic bosses, and thats not part of the campaign. Are you sure you dont need 40 things from those garrison champion quests?

Yeah,The Hunt for Illidan Stormrage is the quest. I guess I confused the quest chains since I had to take that item to the class hall...but it's not part of the class campaign.

Syf

Banned
That one doesn't take long if you can find mythic+ groups. You get increased reward as you do harder dungeons. And yeah it isn't part of the class campaign so you can shelve it for now if m+ isn't an option.

Rhaknar

why the fuck doesnt Fury have victory rush? Prot has it so its not Arms exclusive. Such a good skill for questing :/

iFirez

Currently trying to get my Cloud Serpent rep up and exploring the last few areas of Pandaria and then I'm waving bye bye to this expansion - its been very fun. Draenor next and then Legion, pretty excited to be up to 110 and start exploring the other options in wow and also play some other classes too. Shadow Priest and Fury Warrior are two I know I want to level at some point for sure.

Damn, these world quests are so much better than the mindless rep grinding on a super special max level island. Feels like Diablo 3 for sure. :)

Tarazet

Damn, these world quests are so much better than the mindless rep grinding on a super special max level island. Feels like Diablo 3 for sure. :)

It's like GW2 had a baby with D3. It would be amazing if they opened up all of Azeroth in this system, but what a monster undertaking that would have to be, and what an interminable time sink.

Giggzy

So how has Legion turned out? I pre-purchased the expansion but have never gotten around to playing it with life getting really hectic for the past year.

Thinking of coming back now that I have some spare time again.

It's like GW2 had a baby with D3. It would be amazing if they opened up all of Azeroth in this system, but what a monster undertaking that would have to be, and what an interminable time sink.

It would be great to have more of a reason to return to the vanilla zones towards the end of the game. If you had access to them while leveling, they'd have to do something about the speed at which you outpace everything.

I have a level 81 mage that I made way back, and it took over 500 hours to get to that point (crafting and exploring included in that). This warrior I'm playing now took 160+ hours to hit 110 and finish up the warrior class quest, and I made him 3 years ago before I stopped playing, so I'm not sure if leveling speed was increased even more during that past couple of expansions.

Robin64

So how has Legion turned out? I pre-purchased the expansion but have never gotten around to playing it with life getting really hectic for the past year.

It's pretty much as good as WoW has ever been in so many ways.

Syf

Banned
So how has Legion turned out?
I love it and still play very actively. The main problem is still the randomness of legendary drops and titanforging. But the support has been there like it wasn't in WoD. Raids have been great and the story interesting to follow, and by the looks of it about to get better in 7.3. I'm enjoying my classes again with the 7.2.5 changes. I took a break around the 7.2 release because they were stretching out some boring quests leading up to Tomb of Sargeras opening, but that wouldn't be as much of an issue now that all the stages are available instead of one per week. Overall I feel it's one of the best expansions WoW has had, and restored my faith after that year long content drought in WoD.

Tarazet

It would be great to have more of a reason to return to the vanilla zones towards the end of the game. If you had access to them while leveling, they'd have to do something about the speed at which you outpace everything.

I have a level 81 mage that I made way back, and it took over 500 hours to get to that point (crafting and exploring included in that). This warrior I'm playing now took 160+ hours to hit 110 and finish up the warrior class quest, and I made him 3 years ago before I stopped playing, so I'm not sure if leveling speed was increased even more during that past couple of expansions.

I have a Hunter that I have never gotten to cap, level 102 and that is with about 12 hours played. I bought mail heirlooms and I'm just banking up rested XP. I'm sure she will hit cap before I reach 20 hours played.

Nokterian

Pretty fantastic, leveling alts now since class mounts are in and overall i took a small break in january and hopped back in very soon after so far most fun and most played expansion to date. I like doing World Quests,Dungeons Mythic+,collecting transmog. Despite the stretching of 1 quest per week for Broken Shore was a bit of a shore but i do like that i can collect my class mounts now. 7.2.5 brought numerous of class changes and 7.3 is looking great.

To me i played this expansion way way more than i did with even WoD and MoP combined.

So how has Legion turned out?

The RNG, time-gating, and lack of polish in a lot of areas has sort of soured me on the game as a whole. Not enough to make me stop playing but it has made me miss Warlords of Draenor. Overall, I am pretty happy with it but I'm ready for it to be over so we can move on to the next expansion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I love it and still play very actively. The main problem is still the randomness of legendary drops and titanforging. But the support has been there like it wasn't in WoD. Raids have been great and the story interesting to follow, and by the looks of it about to get better in 7.3. I'm enjoying my classes again with the 7.2.5 changes. I took a break around the 7.2 release because they were stretching out some boring quests leading up to Tomb of Sargeras opening, but that wouldn't be as much of an issue now that all the stages are available instead of one per week. Overall I feel it's one of the best expansions WoW has had, and restored my faith after that year long content drought in WoD.
I mean...they pulled WoD resources away early and it wasn't expected to have a very long lifespan anyways. Legion needed more work done on it than expected and then it got delayed, leaving WoD with a longer drought.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Best expac since Lich King, most content in a single expac ever.

World quests are a game changer. I wish they'd let you level with world quests. But I wouldn't want them to go back and convert the quests in the old zones since it would waste time. Maybe they could put interns on it or something lol

Pvp however is probably one of the lowest points it has been at due to bad decisions

Rhaknar

I cant imagine going back to not having WQs, its a casual's wet dream

Lain

Some parts of Legion turned out nicely, some parts turned out... not as exciting.

Catch ups to get current on basic gear for example is at an all time high, while time to get good legendary items can vary from quick if you have great luck to a damn annoying wait if not while you go through some pretty useless stat sticks.

Crafting is at its worst as far as I'm concerned, even worse than it was in WoD because everything has been put behind quest-lines and the rank idea is the opposite of what I consider engaging.

The expansion also feels pretty shoddy bug wise. Terrain issues are pretty damn common.

Content wise, there is a lot to do. Some quest lines are cool, the World Quest idea is neat (and should be retrofitted to replace every single Daily Quest in past expansions).
The expansion feels better than WoD did after the honeymoon period was up, that's for sure. It's still not as good as the pinnacle of WoW's expansions (MoP) though, but what other expansion could hope to be as good as MoP.

Sölf

I've burned myself out on World Quests after doing pretty much every single one for 2-3 weeks after unlocking them. I only do very few now, but damn do I like them more than Daily quests.

I hope World Quests, Mythic+, level scaling (even at max level with itemlevel) and some sort of alternate progression - be it Artifact weapons, enhanced talent tress, path of the titans or whatever - will also be included in the next expansion and beyond. I also would love to get world quests added to all zones. They could even do it as patch content, add some sort of evergreen world quest to 1 or 2 (or more) old world zones in a patch so that at one point in time every zone has them. Unless they want to remake Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms again at some point (which, imo, is required by now again, sadly) and plan to include World Quests and Level Scaling in each zone. Then they just do that. xD

Some parts of Legion turned out nicely, some parts turned out... not as exciting.

Catch ups to get current on basic gear for example is at an all time high, while time to get good legendary items can vary from quick if you have great luck to a damn annoying wait if not while you go through some pretty useless stat sticks.

Crafting is at its worst as far as I'm concerned, even worse than it was in WoD because everything has been put behind quest-lines and the rank idea is the opposite of what I consider engaging.

The expansion also feels pretty shoddy bug wise. Terrain issues are pretty damn common.

Content wise, there is a lot to do. Some quest lines are cool, the World Quest idea is neat (and should be retrofitted to replace every single Daily Quest in past expansions).
The expansion feels better than WoD did after the honeymoon period was up, that's for sure. It's still not as good as the pinnacle of WoW's expansions (MoP) though, but what other expansion could hope to be as good as MoP.

The end of the blacksmithing quest sums up the crafting experience quite well. You go through a ton of shit to make your shit, and after you get your shit, the quest guy then tells you how to make the shit you already made, only with less shit. Well, shit.

why the fuck doesnt Fury have victory rush? Prot has it so its not Arms exclusive. Such a good skill for questing :/

Fury has Bloodthirst, which provides 4% health regen on a 4 second CD, and Enraged Regeneration,which provides an additional 20% health regen/30% damage reduction for 8 seconds.

Victory Rush is great when you're fighting lots of trash and it procs frequently as the trash dies but on longer fights against single targets you don't have any regen.

It's a trade-off.

Rhaknar

Fury has Bloodthirst, which provides 4% health regen on a 4 second CD, and Enraged Regeneration,which provides an additional 20% health regen/30% damage reduction for 8 seconds.

Victory Rush is great when you're fighting lots of trash and it procs frequently as the trash dies but on longer fights against single targets you don't have any regen.

It's a trade-off.

man Bloodthirst barely heals :(

I kinda got into Arms tbh. Im lvling my warrior and now also my shaman, Enhancement is actually pretty dope.

Is Legion Blacksmithing even worthwhile? The Stirrups and Hoofplates look like nice QoL items but they don't sell for much. While you do get an added bonus on their duration, the hoofplates have less value now that flying is a thing in legion. The ability to make your own Legendary seems like a nice idea but on my server they're sub 100k, going as low for 60K. While being able to make a mount sounds nice, they're only going for 40k. Basically anything I want out of Blacksmithing is relatively cheap and it looks like it's mostly just useful for transmog. Are the craftable relics upgradeable?

I wasn't too impressed with Legion Engineering but there's older QoL crafts, despite some nerfs, that still seem highly useful. Plus my warrior is a gnome, I'm kind of fond of my turbo-charged flying machine and I'm kind of lazy so having an AH in new Dal, a mailbox you can drop anywhere amoung other things would be nice.

I think all crafting professions are pretty close to worthless right now. Being able to do the legendaries was pretty nice for a little while, now it can be tough to sell them. That's pretty much the only reason to hang on to these profs, is just laziness and a hope that better things will come one day.

Blacksmithing gear should sell OK if you are on a big server. There's a solid chance just making demonsteel bars is a good profit since people are lazy. Long term (as in years) BS stands to benefit the most from Legion due to the mount. Depends on what they do with bloods though. It's not in as good a spot as the others but it's worth having, I think.

I think all crafting professions are pretty close to worthless right now. Being able to do the legendaries was pretty nice for a little while, now it can be tough to sell them. That's pretty much the only reason to hang on to these profs, is just laziness and a hope that better things will come one day.

I disagree. Other than Engineering, there's solid money to be made with just Legion recipes for every crafting profession. Every server is different but odds are there a niche available. I make plenty of gold with tailoring, LWing, inscription, enchanting and alchemy. And then there's old recipes for most professions that are still profitable and quick to sell.

Finaj

So, 7.3 is making one of the best story decisions I've seen this game make in a long time.

So, the Illidan novel and Legion as a whole have been building up a prophecy that Illidan is the chosen one and will merge with a Naaru to become an angel of light (you know, that stupid thing they did in SC2).

However, they subvert it. Illidan, when confronted with this option, chooses to reject it and actually kills Xe'ra, the Prime Naaru. We don't have the full story as part of the story is locked behind an inaccessible cinematic, but Illidan didn't want this forced upon him.

I really like this decision.

Rhaknar

I thought
Tomb was the end of the Illidan story with him becoming Kil'Jaeden's jailer
?

Finaj

I thought
Tomb was the end of the Illidan story with him becoming Kil'Jaeden's jailer
?

Illidan's story ends (for now) at the end of 7.3 when he becomes Sargeras' jailer. Kil'jaeden is killed in the Tomb of Sargeras ending cinematic.

Syf

Banned
I like that twist too Finaj. I might have vomited blood if they
went with the SC2 thing again, we don't need that epilogue to ever show up in another universe. Going against a prophecy is a nice change given Blizzard's modern storytelling habits.

Wonder if
that'll have implications on the void expansion though, assuming it's next. Maybe that's the very thing that opens the door.

Top Bottom