• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Nokterian

Suramar is the strongest portion of PVE in Legion. The whole build up to the Nighthold raid is so well done and it stands in such stark contrast to the Broken Shore and the Legionfall "campaign". If Suramar was done by the main team then The Broken Shore was designed by a couple of interns jammed in a janitors or supply closet. The only thing that's sort of egregious about Suramar is the rep gating. Wish they would've removed that with 7.2 or 7.2.5.

I love that moment in the Insurgency campaign where Elisande shittalks all of the other "kinds" of elves on the bridge leading to the Nighthold.

Aye Suramar is the best zone i played in years in WoW. Storytelling wise it was amazing ending all up to the last quest when you get your mount, i did this a long side Balance of Power quest for my bear druid form.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what a strange month this has been, it will probably end up as one of my most sucessful resubs ever in this game, well not counting when I resub for begining of expansions.

Got 9 class mounts so far, leveled almost all classes up to 110, closing in on DH and Mage, got a few legendaries and put all my guys at least in LFR gear levels (as in latest LFR, most are 870+, I know thats not a lot but im a filthy casual and hadnt played in 7 months), to the point where I can take any of them to 7.3 and be fine with.

Still got 2 weeks left on my sub and im honestly not sure if I'lll resub, and if I dont, I would be totally ok with it this time, I dont feel like I wasted my money like past expansions where I resubbed midway and did nothing and stopped again after 2 days.

Feels prety good tbh.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
what a strange month this has been, it will probably end up as one of my most sucessful resubs ever in this game, well not counting when I resub for begining of expansions.

Got 9 class mounts so far, leveled almost all classes up to 110, closing in on DH and Mage, got a few legendaries and put all my guys at least in LFR gear levels (as in latest LFR, most are 870+, I know thats not a lot but im a filthy casual and hadnt played in 7 months), to the point where I can take any of them to 7.3 and be fine with.

Still got 2 weeks left on my sub and im honestly not sure if I'lll resub, and if I dont, I would be totally ok with it this time, I dont feel like I wasted my money like past expansions where I resubbed midway and did nothing and stopped again after 2 days.

Feels prety good tbh.

Are you human?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I finally got my 2nd legendary on Rogue last night, after my first one being the dumb AoE cloak.

It was cinidaria.

cdyhybrid

I finally got my 2nd legendary on Rogue last night, after my first one being the dumb AoE cloak.

It was cinidaria.
The cloak is good for the Sub Mage Tower challenge and for high M+ at times (like the second boss in CoS where you need to nuke all the imps ASAP).

Edit: Legion in a nutshell

EgTJQsq.png

Are you human?

It's super easy with invasions and full heirlooms. I've got 7 classes at 110 with class mounts, and most of those have been recent. Leveling by *only* doing the kill an elite demon quests when invasions are up takes about ~2-3 weeks from 100 to class mount acquired for a character and it's a nice relaxed pace. Don't really do anything else on the character after so it's not a huge time commitment that keeps piling up, no emissaries/dungeons, just want to check out their campaigns/class mount quests since those have been pretty unique/well done in my experience.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's super easy with invasions and full heirlooms. I've got 7 classes at 110 with class mounts, and most of those have been recent. Leveling by *only* doing the kill an elite demon quests when invasions are up takes about ~2-3 weeks from 100 to class mount acquired for a character and it's a nice relaxed pace. Don't really do anything else on the character after so it's not a huge time commitment that keeps piling up, no emissaries/dungeons, just want to check out their campaigns/class mount quests since those have been pretty unique/well done in my experience.

this. Also I can play at work :3

Tarazet

Continuing the process of rolling on a new server, specifically Sargeras. It would be a no-brainer move for me if it wasn't a PvP server. I've always played on PvE servers, got used to being able to go anywhere without worrying about it. Now I feel like I'm imprisoned in Stormwind because of the overwhelming number of griefers from other servers - especially but not only on the weekends.

The design of open world PvP in WoW has never been right. Fair fights don't happen. They've fixed so many of the other deficiencies, why do they never tackle this one?

cdyhybrid

Continuing the process of rolling on a new server, specifically Sargeras. It would be a no-brainer move for me if it wasn't a PvP server. I've always played on PvE servers, got used to being able to go anywhere without worrying about it. Now I feel like I'm imprisoned in Stormwind because of the overwhelming number of griefers from other servers - especially but not only on the weekends.

The design of open world PvP in WoW has never been right. Fair fights don't happen. They've fixed so many of the other deficiencies, why do they never tackle this one?

World PVP died as soon as BGs were introduced, but Blizzard won't change it because gankers (aka trash PVPers) would cry bloody murder.

Nokterian

Feels prety good tbh.

Got almost 5 class mounts, still going strong. And i will keep playing having to much fun.

Rhaknar

Vengeance is kinda sneaking up out of nowhere to become my favorite spec in the game, and I dont even like to tank :/

Mage will be a struggle to get the mount, I dont care about the class at all. I'm also winding down quite a bit on the will to do it also, overall.

Nokterian

Vengeance is kinda sneaking up out of nowhere to become my favorite spec in the game, and I dont even like to tank :/

Mage will be a struggle to get the mount, I dont care about the class at all. I'm also winding down quite a bit on the will to do it also, overall.

Vengeance is a lot of fun and every dies very fast.

Nokterian

more importantly, you dont die. ever.

well, I guess that goes for any tank.

Warrior tank is not that viable for solo tank and to me the weakests of the tank..DH,DK,Druid,Monk,Pally all of them have a lot of self healing good damage and lots of variety of playstyle.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got class mounts on 5 characters in about as many days, and a couple of them were pretty much starting broken shore from scratch. I ended up shooting bats in felsoul hold for the first 100 demons quest, murdering imps for the 2nd, and yeah sentinax was kind of a chore.

Rhaknar

It will probably be worst when 7.3 arrives, i can't see ppl still farming Sentinax like crazy as it is right now.

yup, its already a pain sometimes now. Glad im almost done with all of them (well, prob wont get around to do Rogue since its my only non 110, shes 60, fuck leveling that)

erawsd

I actually enjoyed wpvp at the start of Legion, particularly the non-tower world quests. However, at this point, it feels like damage scaling relative to survivability is just out of control. Unless you are a tank or a class with immunities you are likely dead before you can even react.

I get why they dont use the templates in wpvp but they should probably make it so that everyone just automatically takes reduced damage.

Rhaknar

was talking to Lain about it, main reason I want to do it is, well, I wont do it for sure in the next expansion (I mean go back to old content)

The Sentinax stuff is like 10 minutes or less in a group finder group. It's a big mental hurdle to get over the first time, but after that you realize it's probably one of the fastest steps in that whole god forsaken Broken Shore questline and the alts just flow through.

except its a pain to find groups

The Sentinax stuff is like 10 minutes or less in a group finder group. It's a big mental hurdle to get over the first time, but after that you realize it's probably one of the fastest steps in that whole god forsaken Broken Shore questline and the alts just flow through.

Tarazet

Warrior tank is not that viable for solo tank and to me the weakests of the tank..DH,DK,Druid,Monk,Pally all of them have a lot of self healing good damage and lots of variety of playstyle.

DH and DK are better than the others when it comes to soloing. Way, way, way better. The amount of self sustain they have is super far above the other classes. Warriors can be good too because of Ignore Pain and Impending Victory. Paladins have the best emergency cooldowns. Brewmaster can keep itself at 30-40% health indefinitely with Stagger and the extra health orbs you generate at low health. Druids are amazing if they have healers, but they are actually quite weak without one.

erawsd

It’s really baffling that Blizzard is quadrupling down on RNG with the Nether Crucible in 7.3. So even if you hit the lotto and get an incredible titanforge proc on your best relic.. you better hope it also rolled good netherlight traits. I hope I am misunderstanding how it works because it sounds fuckin terrible.

Lain

It’s really baffling that Blizzard is quadrupling down on RNG with the Nether Crucible in 7.3. So even if you hit the lotto and get an incredible titanforge proc on your best relic.. you better hope it also rolled good netherlight traits. I hope I am misunderstanding how it works because it sounds fuckin terrible.

You got me curious to check.

Netherlight Crucible Relic Preview

The talent tree for a relic can be previewed, before you attach the relic to your Artifact, but previewing a relic makes it soulbound.

Netherlight Crucible Traits

Netherlight Crucible has three tiers. Tier 1 is shared for all relics and Tier 2 & 3 are random.

Tier 1 (Single Trait)

Netherlight FortificationNetherlight Fortification is the only ability available in this tier, shared across all relics. It is a passive that increases the item level of your artifact by 5, so the first tier will increase your artifact level by up to 15 (3 relic slots).

Tier 2 (Two Traits [A, B])

The second tier contains two randomly chosen passives. One light & one shadow power.

Tier 3 [Three Artifact Traits [A, B, C])

The third tier has three traits. They are chosen entirely random and depend on your specialization. It seems any trait that doesn't have just one rank (1/1) can be found here.

I was just telling Rhaknar tonight that for the next expansion I was hoping they reigned in the RNG hard-on they seem to have this expansion.

Rambaldi

I just did it with a group of five and it definitely did not take 10 minutes. More like 30.

The whole time I was thinking that if they want people to continue those quest lines in 7.3 and beyond they need to nerf it to 50 Marks or less eventually.

EmiPrime

I did the 100 Sentinax marks quest today in a random group of 5 and it took less than 10 minutes. We just all bunched up where demons were endlessly spawning as quickly as we could kill them and went ham with the AOE.

Lain

Only now I read this post about the World Bosses being random on purpose. I thought they had a fixed rotation because someone decided to put hidden skins and recipes into their loot, on RNG chance to drop because everyone loves long wait that turns into nothing.

The current world boss rotation is random, which means that there can be instances of the same boss spawning back-to-back or frequently across a number of weeks.

In 7.3 we'll indeed, as Duvetlord noticed from Twitter, be switching over to a fixed rotation for the world bosses.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I really hope the Sentinax quest will be nerfed or removed by the time 7.3 releases because there is no way i will be able to grab all class mounts by then. Only got DK and Mage so far and i'm currently working on the Hunter.

Rhaknar

DH Sentinax was super fast because I lucked out into a full group with a bunch of beacons. It was by far the fastest character I did.

Tarazet

Now that my Demo Lock has semi-competitive gear, 54 points in the weapon and I've had a few months to get comfortable with it, it's actually the other specs that feel clunky by comparison. For sure Destruction is better at target swapping, but Demo's damage is reliable as long as the content isn't a complete pushover. It's not that hard either.

In previous expansions, Demonology's rotation was a complete clusterfuck. In Cataclysm it was up there with Subtlety or Feral as one of the most complex specs. In Pandaria it was probably in its best state as far as being fun and not too hard. But I like the direction they went and once you accept that it's a new spec from the ground up and YMMV, it is good at what it does and doesn't ever feel handicapped.

I don't get how Affliction or Destruction feel more clunky than Demonology. Legion Demonology feels like it takes the weaknesses of both Destruction (the ramp up time) and Affliction (target swapping) and sort of compounds them. You have ramp up, your summons have ramp up, you have to constantly target swap and keep your DoTs up, if you have to change targets your summons don't always respond in an agile manner and you burn some of their duration and your damage potential.

Rhaknar

Ive been using the new followers on most of my chars, but I'm doing the Mage campaign now and just got Millhouse...

...welp, that sure makes any new follower irrelevant doesnt it? Its fucking Millhouse Manastorm.

erawsd

You got me curious to check.

I was just telling Rhaknar tonight that for the next expansion I was hoping they reigned in the RNG hard-on they seem to have this expansion.

Yeah, that was my hope as well. Between this + the way they seem to have abandoned targeted legendaries, I'm not feeling good about it.

Tarazet

I don't get how Affliction or Destruction feel more clunky than Demonology. Legion Demonology feels like it takes the weaknesses of both Destruction (the ramp up time) and Affliction (target swapping) and sort of compounds them. You have ramp up, your summons have ramp up, you have to constantly target swap and keep your DoTs up, if you have to change targets your summons don't always respond in an agile manner and you burn some of their duration and your damage potential.

There is high single-target ramp, which usually isn't a problem since single target fights you can afford the ramp. However on multi-target the shard generation is much faster using Demonwrath. You can do really strong cleave damage within a couple seconds and often cast Hand of Gul'dan every other GCD. It's mainly awkward for doing world quests, but if you can gather up mobs together you can cleave them down efficiently without an issue.

Ive been using the new followers on most of my chars, but I'm doing the Mage campaign now and just got Millhouse...

...welp, that sure makes any new follower irrelevant doesnt it? Its fucking Millhouse Manastorm.

Stack Milhouse with a follower who has some +8 hour bonus items and it's guaranteed 200% , good times

Rhaknar

so, if the fabled legendary protection timer is real, is it per character or account wide?

I keep getting random ass legendaries on frresh 110s (well not exactly fresh but just got one on my mage who hasnt even completed his campaign yet, and the one on my warrior was very soon after 100 also) and for example my Pali, one of my "mains" if I have such a thing, still has none, I keep doing the caches with my druid and nothing... so, just random?

Am I "wasting" the protection on these other characters?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
so, if the fabled legendary protection timer is real, is it per character or account wide?

I keep getting random ass legendaries on frresh 110s (well not exactly fresh but just got one on my mage who hasnt even completed his campaign yet, and the one on my warrior was very soon after 100 also) and for example my Pali, one of my "mains" if I have such a thing, still has none, I keep doing the caches with my druid and nothing... so, just random?

Am I "wasting" the protection on these other characters?
Character. Typically the first two per character come fairly quickly nowadays.

Rhaknar

Character. Typically the first two per character come fairly quickly nowadays.

well my pali and DH dont have any, and I've played both like 100 times more than my Mage or Warrior lol. RNGesus save me.

well my pali and DH dont have any, and I've played both like 100 times more than my Mage or Warrior lol. RNGesus save me.

I mean, there's variation in the drop rates.

And if even if you have more played time, if that time is just diddling around in Dalaran or fishing or whatever vs. opening emissaries and killing bosses, you're not going to rake in the orange items.

BTW my Mage this morning got the fire shoulders out of LFR. Not completely awful, but not good, when I'm already rocking some pretty shit legendaries on her.

Did 50 portals on my Rogue afterwards, and haven't gotten a 3rd legendary yet. Really want something, anything to get rid of KJBW.

Top Bottom