• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

EmiPrime

I bought TBC not knowing who the raid bosses were going to be and I remember feeling crushed when I discovered that Kael, Vashj and Illidan were going to be killable. Like enough with the "they got corrupted or went mad, go kill them" nonsense already. Arthas was killed off far too soon also.

I like WoW but as a WC3 fan the last 11 years have been really painful. Spaceships and the blood elves being robbed of their leader was just the beginning.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
7.3 has been on the PTR for a while right?
How is Argus? Does it feel more like a mini-expansion than a patch since it has more than just 1 new zone?

I suppose flying is also disabled...?

erawsd

How is Argus? Does it feel more like a mini-expansion than a patch since it has more than just 1 new zone?

I havent been on the PTR so I dont know if its any good. However, I know flying is disabled since there has been constant complaining about it on the forums.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

There is no flying but there are teleports pads all over Argus.

Yeah I expect Argus to be swamped with mobs, with multiple Throne of KJ Elite areas you wont be able to solo.

Well, tanks and aff warlocks probably could with the time and gear

Contributing to a building on the Broken Shore no longer awards a Legionfall Recompense item, and the Artifact Power value of the Artifact Power token awarded has been reduced.

RIP Broken Shore.

Gonna be ass to get legendaries now unless there's enough new things on Argus. Serious nerf that hasn't been highlighted.

Syf

Banned
Isn't there just a new system to target gear on Argus that replaces broken shore shards? Think I remember reading that somewhere.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Isn't there just a new system to target gear on Argus that replaces broken shore shards? Think I remember reading that somewhere.

Yeah there sort of is.

I'm surprised they haven't set them to go up quicker, and invasions to be slightly more frequently occurring.

That's different from the caches, and AFAIK relinquished gear doesn't contribute to BLP but the caches do. I'd guess 7.3's relinquished replacement doesn't contribute to BLP either.

7.3 looks so amazing. Can't wait.

Yeah, that kinda sucks. I've already gotten three legendaries from those turn-ins.

Across all my characters, I currently count 11 legendaries obtained from Legionfall Recompense Caches.

Without an Argus equivalent it's gonna suck. There are the new invasion points I guess but who knows if/how frequent they drop legendaries. And the nethershard replacement, but again, it's not clear what the rate of acquisition will be.

I've also gotten two legendaries (two different characters - Sephuz for Warrior and Mantle for Rogue) out of relinquished tokens, but those were both relatively recently.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's also the same day as Destiny 2 beta.

RIP LOGIN SERVERS.

and junkertown will be on the Overwatch PTR

latest

Tarazet

30th for europe damn well at least i have nearly all classes 3rd relic unlocked the old way but i think i will get them with my warrior and rogue when the patch hits.

Oh, we get that for free with 7.3? Then I'm going to finish leveling the paladin. That'll be every class at cap, which is something I've never done before. Been playing since 2010.

Nicolada

Ohh nice, wasn't expecting 7.3 to come out so fast. Very exciting. Broken Shore was fun, but traveling to Argus itself has got me hyped. Also that promo art is fantastic.

Nokterian

Oh, we get that for free with 7.3? Then I'm going to finish leveling the paladin. That'll be every class at cap, which is something I've never done before. Been playing since 2010.

Yeah both 3rd relic and the new traits..i hope it does add to my last two classes.

I bought TBC not knowing who the raid bosses were going to be and I remember feeling crushed when I discovered that Kael, Vashj and Illidan were going to be killable. Like enough with the "they got corrupted or went mad, go kill them" nonsense already. Arthas was killed off far too soon also.

I like WoW but as a WC3 fan the last 11 years have been really painful. Spaceships and the blood elves being robbed of their leader was just the beginning.

If they really want to Blizzard will find a way to resurrect any previous major character they've killed off. In this expansion alone we had an alternate time-line Gul'Dan, Illidan resurrected from the dead, Nazgrim has been brought back as a Death Knight and even the shade of Arthas haunts Frost Death Knights.

Jag

Is anything changing with artifact weapons in 7.3? Or are we still dumping all points in Concordance from now on? I know Artifact Knowledge is getting a boost, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to put AP except on alt spec weapons or Concordance.

cdyhybrid

Is anything changing with artifact weapons in 7.3? Or are we still dumping all points in Concordance from now on? I know Artifact Knowledge is getting a boost, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to put AP except on alt spec weapons or Concordance.
There's a new system to augment your relics in the new patch.

Fjordson

Have they mentioned any sort of catch up mechanic for order hall champions? Dusting off my Warlock and holy shit I forgot what a process it is to have a set of followers up to legendary status + getting them equipment.

cdyhybrid

Have they mentioned any sort of catch up mechanic for order hall champions? Dusting off my Warlock and holy shit I forgot what a process it is to have a set of followers up to legendary status + getting them equipment.
Yes, dunno the specifics though. But there is something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess the increase in void presence means we're going from "everything was black and green" to "everything was purple" in the next expansion.

Just started playing again earlier. Haven't touched the game since not long after the first set of raids was out. Is there a list of stuff I should be focusing on? I've just been doing as many World Quests that offer gear as I can and trying to work towards Pathfinder even though I imagine it's still going to take me months to get flying.

If they really want to Blizzard will find a way to resurrect any previous major character they've killed off. In this expansion alone we had an alternate time-line Gul'Dan, Illidan resurrected from the dead, Nazgrim has been brought back as a Death Knight and even the shade of Arthas haunts Frost Death Knights.

In their defense, it was never explicitly stated Illidan was dead as far as I know. It was heavily implied, but he was such a popular character they needed to bring him back in some form.

EmiPrime

I really need to level a Death Knight to see this.

TheYanger

I really need to level a Death Knight to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSjf7EnVAJo

That's all there is to it, it's just the extra AP you can find (lots of classes have em).

There are lots of implications in the mount quest though that Bolvar has some seriosu shit brewing too though.

I will admit that the stormheim memory o f arthas has some of the coolest speech in the game though.
"Even the mighty are rendered nameless by time. Every king must kneel before death"

Top Bottom