• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

I highly doubt it, but I'd like to see a makeover of the vanilla areas, repairing damage from Cata, and concluding the alliance vs horde stuff going on in the areas that were changed. It would be nice to see the terrible Cata writing nuked from orbit and have everything up to modern standards. I get that humor has always been in the game, but the pop culture references went overboard, and their fucking scat quest fetish is tiresome.

It would also fit well with the above suggestions of an expansion that doesn't deal with another universe ending threat right away. Things could appear to be more positive on the surface, but they could have some mystery in the game again, and hint at the threat that is coming.

Bonus points if they actually do something about TBC zones, and how fast you blow by the 5 level expansion content. Oh, and fix how you hear about what happened in WotLK, as in it's over, but then later on you go there and do that content. Pardon?

I'd like to see that and see them redo TBC. Now that the legion will be under control I think it would be cool as shit to have the new expansion focused on rebuilding outland. It has hooks for horde and alliance if they went that route.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well, Blizzard just dropped about 2 hours of an audio drama involving what Alleria and Turalyon were doing between Warcraft II and Legion.

Part One: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsaobgFiiso

Part Two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puvZw104JrE

Part Three: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4hKw9kgEt4

Speaking of Turalyon, isn't he a human? Are humans in the Warcraft universe able to live for thousands of years? He mentioned this a few times in Argus about not seeing his son for thousand of years and there was another mention of it later and I was like "Whaaat?"

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Speaking of Turalyon, isn't he a human? Are humans in the Warcraft universe able to live for thousands of years? He mentioned this a few times in Argus about not seeing his son for thousand of years and there was another mention of it later and I was like "Whaaat?"

They explain it in the audio drama I think.

Loxley

Yep, he's human. Without spoiling too much:
Turalyon and Alleria have basically been living "outside of time" for a thousand years, and they've been fighting the Legion as members of the Army of the Light for pretty much that entire time.

Try having to keep up Rockbiter, Flametongue AND Frostbrand all at the same time. Since I have the legendary bracers that boost Fire Lash damage if I have the latter 2 up, I have to do that. And since they hall have short duration, it sucks. I don't even bother while doing WQs sometimes.

I barely have time left to use Fire Lash when I've got these 3 to manage on top of Stormstrike, Crash Lightning, and oh yeah let's not forget DPS cooldowns such as Doom Winds, Feral Spirits and the Earthen Spike talent if you happen to have that too.

Yeah, I never even touch Frostbrand, and don't have room for Lava Lash with Overcharge having Lightning Bolt take that role. That's crazy.

Yep, he's human. Without spoiling too much:
Turalyon and Alleria have basically been living "outside of time" for a thousand years, and they've been fighting the Legion as members of the Army of the Light for pretty much that entire time.

So we're dealing with
time dilation. So Azeroth is gonna be fucked when we get back isn't it? It will actually have been a long time

I got a gift from a family member, a new computer! Wow so amazing. Bought a gtx 1060 3gb to go with it. Havent been able to play a recent pc game in years but now I can run all games in 60fps so far. Man so good. Super glad I reactivated my wow account as well :D

Robin64

So we're dealing with
time dilation. So Azeroth is gonna be fucked when we get back isn't it? It will actually have been a long time

Nah, on Argus right now we are within the influence of time. The planet is right next to ours, we can hop back and forth easily with a teleporter even.

Syf

Banned
I got a gift from a family member, a new computer! Wow so amazing. Bought a gtx 1060 3gb to go with it. Havent been able to play a recent pc game in years but now I can run all games in 60fps so far. Man so good. Super glad I reactivated my wow account as well :D
Awesome, that's a real nice gift!

Nokterian

That is such a nice gift, welcome back hope you enjoy playing WoW now on your new PC.

Mage tower is up again and I was able to get another one.

GWv5fXz.jpg

Tarazet

The only thing I have an issue with, as far as the rotation (not that I'm a raider), is finding the time to get flametongue going. I already have to use rockbiter at the start to generate maelstrom and up agility (landslide), then crash lightning for the buff there, and that's when the stormstrike procs start to make it rain. There never seems to be a good time for it, unless I take even more time to ramp up, and then there are feral spirits to fit in there, AND lightning bolt with overcharge (selected with the legendary I have). I think it actually feels good to play, minus flametongue.

I don't like Overcharge, because Lightning Bolt only hits a single target. Empowered Stormlash gives SL a cleave.. but Stormstrike has a cleave anyway, so Tempest is better in a lot of situations and doesn't change your rotation much.

Class mount is really easy to get and should only take a day or two.

Argus quest line is pretty short as well and it's a great way to gear up. There's a new currency that you use to purchase pieces of 910 gear. And another new feature of this most recent patch is the Netherlight Crucible which makes your artifacts even stronger.

Once you're geared up well you can look up guides for the mage tower challenges and give them a try when the tower is active.

Class mount is really easy to get and should only take a day or two.

Argus quest line is pretty short as well and it's a great way to gear up. There's a new currency that you use to purchase pieces of 910 gear. And another new feature of this most recent patch is the Netherlight Crucible which makes your artifacts even stronger.

Once you're geared up well you can look up guides for the mage tower challenges and give them a try when the tower is active.

Talk to Khadgar. He'll tell you where to go 😅

Neat! I'm glad to hear the class mounts are easy to get.

Guess I have one more question-
Are the class mounts restricted to that class? Do they count towards the mount achievements?

cdyhybrid

Neat! I'm glad to hear the class mounts are easy to get.

Guess I have one more question-
Are the class mounts restricted to that class? Do they count towards the mount achievements?
Yes, they are class restricted. Assuming they work like other class specific mounts, they'll only count towards achievement progress if they're usable by the character that has the most mounts available to them.

lazygecko

The warrior drake mount has some really funky sound design. The wing flaps have some reverb/distance layer and it often seems to cancel out the dry sound.

Rizzi

Are all dungeons unlocked account wide now? I know the Suramar ones are, but what about Cathedral of Eternal Night and Seat of the Triumvirate?

Bisnic

Speaking of SoT, anyone feel like it's barely worth doing other than the final Argus quest? I mean... it drops 865 loot. and most casual players are walking around at an average ilvl between 890-920 without stepping foot into a raid. Lura never last more than 20 secs. DPS is so strong they can kill it during that phase where Lura can get hurted. It's like the easiest boss i've ever seen that I'm not sure what else happens but a single add spawning at the beginning.

I kinda miss the days dungeons were worth doing, not they're just an afterthought after you've done them once. :(

Rizzi

I think it's kind of funny that the item level of base mythic dungeon gear went up to 885 at the same time they gave everyone the ability to buy 910 gear from a currency you can farm the shit out of.

Nokterian

Speaking of SoT, anyone feel like it's barely worth doing other than the final Argus quest? I mean... it drops 865 loot. and most casual players are walking around at an average ilvl between 890-920 without stepping foot into a raid. Lura never last more than 20 secs. DPS is so strong they can kill it during that phase where Lura can get hurted. It's like the easiest boss i've ever seen that I'm not sure what else happens but a single add spawning at the beginning.

I kinda miss the days dungeons were worth doing, not they're just an afterthought after you've done them once. :(

Well yeah despite not getting a good item is important to make progress of the ship after that you need to recruit your followers to 925 ilevel.

Bisnic

It's kinda insane how in one single expansion, we could gain up to 300 ilvls if some gear can go up to 1000 by the time the next expansion come out.

Can't wait until we're all at ilvl 1500 in the next expansion and we can even solo mythic Legion raids.

Dungeons have probably never been more relevant than they are now thanks to M+. Heroic dungeons aren't meant to be challenging to 920 players. Mythic and M+ are for the players you mentioned.

Zelias

Banned

It drops the same ilvl as all other heroic dungeons, they're all standardised now. And Heroic is pretty much the dungeon equivalent of LFR at this point. As has been mentioned, M+ and to a lesser extent Mythic are where the true dungeon experience lies.

Bisnic

Right, I tend to forget Mythics 5 mans exist now. Damn my casual mind still stuck in the old days I guess lol.

Zelias

Banned
This Timewalking event seems really buggy. First boss of Gate of the Setting Sun does ridiculous damage with his bombs and they seem to hit you even if you dodge them. Shado-Pan Monastery has that area where you fight the Shadow-Pan initiates and half the time you just fall through the floor. Minor thing too but the Jewel of Victory the Sha of Violence drops has to be rolled for. Weird.

This Timewalking event seems really buggy. First boss of Gate of the Setting Sun does ridiculous damage with his bombs and they seem to hit you even if you dodge them. Shado-Pan Monastery has that area where you fight the Shadow-Pan initiates and half the time you just fall through the floor. Minor thing too but the Jewel of Victory the Sha of Violence drops has to be rolled for. Weird.

Scaling is also busted. My Whispers in the Dark increases speed by 1% lol

Adaren

The thousand year thing is pretty dumb, but I'm excited to see Blizzard branching out into more types of storytelling. I would love to see regular supplemental story content expanding on characters and areas that are outside he main plot.

Bisnic

Having to do all the really boring intro stuff on Argus is really, really annoying.
Just let me skip this shit, ffs.

Gotta wait until next major patch man. They added the option to skip the intro scenario of Broken Shore in 7.3 at least. So if you want the class mount on your newly lvl 110 alt, there's that.

Bisnic

Argus is scary as a fresh 110. Everything hits so hard. ;_;

Pro-tip : Save up all the BOA 880 gear you can on your other more geared characters. I have so many leather, mail and cloth 880 gear in my bank that when i decide to lvl my priest, hunter, demon hunter and monk to lvl 110, they'll probably be near ilvl 880 already on day 1.

Fjordson

I got my warlock to 110 finally. Now the grind for gear begins anew.
The gear grind these days ain't too bad. It's the legendary grind that's total ass =[

My DK is pretty solid as far as itemization and up to 935 ilvl, but still has crap legendaries after all these months.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Might have to race change my Rogue to Belf. Been Undead since Vanilla but T21 just looks so ass on them <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:47.91666666666667% 60.41666666666667%;background-size:4900%" data-codepoints="1f62d"></span></span>

goblin

just in time for new models

&#128557;

Top Bottom